4 replies to this topic

#1 mustangwll

mustangwll

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Hello all! I was wondering if there was any way to use either the stock texting app that came with the Moto-JB, and the keyboard that came with it as well. I know it's almost like the vanilla JB keyboard, but the keys seem to be easier to hit on the Moto-version than vanilla. Also, I like the size of the text in the Moto-SMS app, along with the theme and such... I've seen the question asked before about the text app and I think the answer given was that it's not possible, due to the fact that it may rely on some Moto-esque APIs or something. I have both the APKs, but they both say "X App not installed." Either way, I was hoping to find out specifically for this device if either one can be replaced on other ROMs. I have tried Swype, SwiftKey and the stock one.. they just don't work for me :( Thanks in advance for the help!

#2 steveo17

steveo17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

you would have to search xda for the apk of the aosp keyboard.

#3 steveo17

steveo17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

or check these out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mustangwll likes this

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I think he's looking for the Blur versions...

I would say they have Blur files related to them and probably don't work on non-blur custom roms. Not entirely positive though

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 mustangwll

mustangwll

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think he's looking for the Blur versions...

I would say they have Blur files related to them and probably don't work on non-blur custom roms. Not entirely positive though

That's correct, I was hoping to use the Blur versions of the keyboard and messenger on the Nexus-esque JB ROM. I love the ROM, but I don't like the tiny 'chicklet' keys on the board. The Moto keyboard is awesome, as is the text messaging app. I've tried GO! and Handcent, but I still prefer the Moto-stock texting app. I was reading a little bit about replacing APKs in ROMs, but that probably wouldn't work either I guess. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keyboard, sms, mms, text, stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users