• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Does anyone here have phone insurance? I was debating getting now since there is an open enrollment til the end of the month. Thinking of doing it for a year then cancelling it. thoughts?
If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#2 shaggie821

shaggie821

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

Yes i do & if u need a replacement it cost 99 bucks 4 the razr. Still worth it in my mind. After a year u can prob drop it cuz phone price will prob drop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

I have insurance (asurion)....and honestly its only because im on a college campus and dont trust anyone :)
its only a few bucks per week...IMO you might want to try it and if you dont like it you can drop it :)

But even with insurance mine has a screen cover and an otterbox on it. I might be a little over protective :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#4 SunsetSniper

SunsetSniper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

I broke my razr 2 days ago, and for $99 they're sending me a Droid Razr Maxx instead of only giving me the razr v1. They're out of the original.

#5 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

I broke my razr 2 days ago, and for $99 they're sending me a Droid Razr Maxx instead of only giving me the razr v1. They're out of the original.

Good deal. I guess you got your 99 worth

#6 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Lol I guess now is the time to break your phone then huh lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#7 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

well worth it, my lcd shattered and 99 bucks later, they sent me a brand new in the box maxx, new sd card and everything

#8 TG1

TG1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

My buddy got the same deal. Thinking of adding insurance and breaking my Razr now too to get the Maxx. ;)

#9 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

My experience with Asurion has been stellar to say the least.

I have used the insurance twice and both times a brand new sealed device was shipped out the same day via overnight delivery.

The last device was a HTC Thunderbolt. If you factor the charger, extra battery, extra memory card you receive with the replacement (since they send you a brand new one) then its almost a real deal since you could ebay those items. :)

Additionally, sometimes its better to pay the $99 and get a brand new device when you decide to sell. Most times, by selling a brand new sealed device, you can get at least an extra $99 and dont have to deal with any problems with ESN etc.
Posted Image Keep Austin Weird!!

#10 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

I hope no one abuses the system and damages their phones on purpose to a Max. Our rates will keep going on up

#11 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I have heard lots of good things about Squaretrade as well. There is a $99 deductible like Asurion. The main difference is that Squaretrade simply sends you a check for the full value of the device.

So say 11 months from now you lose your device or it gets smashed, they will send you a check for the full price of the phone at time of purchase and you can select any device you want to purchase.

Looks pretty cheap as well.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#12 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I hope no one abuses the system and damages their phones on purpose to a Max. Our rates will keep going on up

exactly, then we'll end up like at&t, their smartphone claims cost 199 and are a guaranteed refurb, if they don't have a refurb, they'll send a similar phone that is refurbished.

#13 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

exactly, then we'll end up like at&t, their smartphone claims cost 199 and are a guaranteed refurb, if they don't have a refurb, they'll send a similar phone that is refurbished.

Well I know that Asurion charges $199 for iphone replacement. And, I thought (not totally sure) that AT&T used Asurion as well.

#14 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

they do, I work for them, but I'm not sure why their deductables with asurion are so high, I have a theory that it's because GSM phones can be easily reused even if reported stolen/lost, simply by putting another sim card in, where as with cdma, if it's reported stolen, the carrier will lock that phone from use until it's returned. just my theory

#15 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

So my hdmi swith is screwed still works although very annoying it keeps poppinup window like its plugged in and its not..only been insured for a month.. is that covered for a maxx replacmemt? Options?
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#16 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

So my hdmi swith is screwed still works although very annoying it keeps poppinup window like its plugged in and its not..only been insured for a month.. is that covered for a maxx replacmemt? Options?

Had the same thing happen to me. Warranty covered a replacement. I'd go through warranty first, and if they won't replace it then try insurance. Save the $100 deductible if you can.

Make sure to rsd back to stock before you take it in or they will claim the problem is from rooting....

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#17 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Just got off phone with them. Its under warrety.. they admitted a problem with a few doing this..dropping me one tomorrow.. a razr that is not a maxx:-(
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#18 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Just got off phone with them. Its under warrety.. they admitted a problem with a few doing this..dropping me one tomorrow.. a razr that is not a maxx:-(

At least it ain't a broken one lol... I filed a fcc complaint yesterday... hopefully that will work out for a maxx

• jimyv likes this

#19 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Since I originally had the DX that I loved, I kept it and that is my insurance policy.

#20 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Since I originally had the DX that I loved, I kept it and that is my insurance policy.

Definitely a good idea... I still have my DX.... when I upgrade in the future I will keep my RAZR as a 4g backup.... kinda nice you can put your sim into any 4g phone and have service (as long as the esn isn't banned)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users