NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Just received my maxx! Very happy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! One thing you will likely notice (aside from battery life, lol) is the thicker device has a nicer feel in your hand then the razr did :)

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#24 chefed24

chefed24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:@EdSadler
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Filed mine back on 3/16/12 still haven't heard back. But seeing how this has been done more than once now I would imagine to be hearing real shortly.

#25 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Filed mine back on 3/16/12 still haven't heard back. But seeing how this has been done more than once now I would imagine to be hearing real shortly.

OP said it had been about a month before he heard anything so you might be hearing something soon.

#26 mikera67

mikera67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

It is thicker, but not bad, still fits in my pocket fine. Came about 2 pm, 40% battery( stats might not be right yet) never charged it, never put it down, wanted to kill battery and do full charge. About ten I fired up the sling player and let it run until it died about 2pm. Today will be the test, so far very happy.

#27 bpm1055

bpm1055

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Just one question when you filed your complaint what did you list it under? I was looking at filing a complaint went to wireless telephone, but don't really know what to list this as after that.

Billing, Service, Privacy, Number Portability and other issues

or

Deceptive or unlawful advertising or marketing by a communications company (does NOT include Telemarketing)

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated. I live in a rural area and do a lot of outdoor activities that I don't always have access to power. I was and am still pissed about the release of the maxx just after I couldn't switch to it.

#28 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I bought my RAZR 2 days after the Maxx release not realizing battery life was that terrible....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#29 mikera67

mikera67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Well this maxx is insane. Doesn't get hot like the razr. I went to our state pool tourney yesterday, full charge at 8 am, was on it all day, after I left around 6, still had 56% battery! Very very happy. Running stock, rooted, even ran the hotspot for 45 minutes for the at&t guys that had no data service. Wow

#30 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

Well this maxx is insane. Doesn't get hot like the razr. I went to our state pool tourney yesterday, full charge at 8 am, was on it all day, after I left around 6, still had 56% battery! Very very happy. Running stock, rooted, even ran the hotspot for 45 minutes for the at&t guys that had no data service. Wow

I have the buyers remorse now, lol. Thats great!

#31 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

How could we ever get buyers remorse if we never knew the Maxx was gonna be released? Lol

Rooted Droid Razr ICS Leak

#32 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#33 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

How could we ever get buyers remorse if we never knew the Maxx was gonna be released? Lol

Rooted Droid Razr ICS Leak

If it didn't get released i wouldn't have regrets :D But watching razr maxx commercials and reading how good battery life is for it does sting just a little, lol.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Saw that. If i could spare the cash i would get it :) oh well. :D
Going to think twice next time before getting another phone with non-removable battery, lol.

#34 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Saw that. If i could spare the cash i would get it oh well.
Going to think twice next time before getting another phone with non-removable battery, lol.

Lol yep

#35 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

I did the same thing 2 months ago but didn't get my $300 back lol nice! I didn't expect anything but an apology (which I didn't even get...) but I did get a maxx!
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

#36 rinzes

rinzes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

I did the same thing 2 months ago but didn't get my $300 back lol nice! I didn't expect anything but an apology (which I didn't even get...) but I did get a maxx!
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

I decided to keep mine. However, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express

#37 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

I finally got fed up yesterday because I was at the dmv for 2 hours, I had some work to do so I was doing it on my phone, I was using 4g since it is a 4g phone, in 2 hours I went from 90% to 20% life. So I called verizon and told them that's it, I am fed up. You are going to take this razr back and switch me out to a maxx. I am tired of having this I was ripped off feeling. If I knew back in dec that motorola was going to release a razr with a bigger battery, I would have waited. I told them I am not blaming verizon, I am blaming motorola. They released IMO a defective product. That is if you want to use the phone on 4g, it is defective. 3g is fine, but I may has well sticked with my x2. I told them that if they do not that I will be filing a complaint with the fcc, this is a defective product. Anyways, they switched out my 2 razr's and I have refurb maxx's on the way. They made me a happy customer. Granted I have a business account with almost 70 lines of service but still.

And before anyone says buyers remorse or whatever. I didn't know they were going to have the same phone with a bigger battery out, or I would have got it.

I think that motorola messed up here, you do not release the same phone with a bigger battery within 60 days of the first.

I got the razr not because it was the thinest, I got it because of the 1.2ghz processor, 1gb of ram, the amoled screen, and motorola's build quality. I think that the battery should have been the bigger one to begin with, and by releasing the razr, and it is a admission that motorola knew they razr battery was to small.

I think mine is giving out, because I have to charge it so much just to keep it going, It's been 4 months now, on the charger 3x a day, the battery is starting to show signs of age. Anyways thanks to this thread, I think motorola should offer some kind of option to switch up to the maxx, or have their phones converted to the maxx, I would have been willing to pay a difference, it isn't the money. It's me having a phone that works for more than 2 hours before needing to be charged.

If I stay on 3g and use it for basics & calling it's fine, but the razr is a sports car, and it is a crime to have to drive it like a grandma.

#38 StigmaShadow

StigmaShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:StigmaShadow
  • LocationBristol, VA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

I'm trying this too. RAZR maxx came out like ten days after i payed full retail
For this battery hog.
Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR (4.0.3) using Tapatalk 2

#39 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I just filed my complaint.... hopefully I hear back from them. I am getting tired of charging my phone every 3-4 hours.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#40 oliohh

oliohh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I just filed my complaint as well under False Advertisement. Hopefully i get a response sometime in the near future!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users