#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm on 6.15.75.XT912.Verizon.en.US or Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3), so I can't confirm this update has been pushed. Perhaps if there's anyone who's on stock .173 they may be able to find out. My assumption is that a lot of the changes included in .181 are also in 6.15.75, but I'm not positive. Some of the stuff from the changelog for .181 I've noticed in ICS.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I think the article I read was that it will push out some time with in a week. Also someone in the ICS thread said most of these fixes are in the ICS leak so maybe this is a prep for that.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 French

French

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm stock .173 and have not gotten it yet. I was originally to be part of the soak test that was canceled. At least I thought it was canceled...now I have no idea what happened.

The update that took me to .173 was pushed to me before a lot of other people (there was speculation people were getting it as part of soak but I was not a soak tester at the time).

#5 BowlingGuy86

BowlingGuy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Stock 6.12.173 checked for updates @ 1pm (GMT-07:00) and still "Up to date" ... grumble :angry: grumble ... I've been signed up for moto testing since my Bionic (failure) and haven't noticed any difference in update release schedule so you may just be lucky to get the updates right when they are released since they "spread" them out.

One step closer to stock ICS, but still so far away...

Keep our fingers crossed for Kholk and mbm on their kexec bootloader bypass so we can get ICS flying with some nice custom kernels!!! B)

#6 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

This update was posted 3 weeks ago in the Development section as unofficial.

Essentially the changelog is: a more stable device, extended battery life, an accurate 4G indicator, enhanced security in VZW bloatware, and a new MotoCast widget. How is that, in any way, related to changes in any leaked ICS builds? Isn't ICS a completely updated OS ? I would think with any ICS build you'll get a "more stable device and better battery life".

#7 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

If ICS is already more than half done as we've seen, it's very unlikely that we'll see another GB update before ICS. I think that's what he means.

#8 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

The update announcement is posted on Verizons website.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I doubt that this update really has anything of value, i'm sure there are a few small bug fixes, but from what i've seen the ICS leak has better battery life than any of the GB builds, even when tweaked by DT or others.

#10 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

The soak test emails just cane out..... what do you think this means for people that humped the gun surf the ICS leak?

Will they be able to go back to 173 and have this update go through?

Does anybody know what that leak actually updated?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

The soak test emails just cane out..... what do you think this means for people that humped the gun surf the ICS leak?

Will they be able to go back to 173 and have this update go through?

Does anybody know what that leak actually updated?

Everyone that's on the leak can get back to .173 and stay on the update path so that's not an issue.

What do you mean "what the leak actually updated?" It updated everything, it's ICS.

#12 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Nothing here, Phx Az
Droid RAZR Rooted

#13 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Here's MY concerns. Like the recent d2g and dx updates.

It will break root

And

Prevent you from reverting back to 173 and earlier without bricking your device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

#14 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

I don't think it will for reasons that can be found in the soak test threads...such as if you're rooted and have problems installing the update PM us and we'll try to work it out. As in, they're not flat out telling us it won't work if you're rooted. I'm gonna OTA rootkeep before accepting and see what happens. I don't think it will be the drama like the d2g and dx had, but we are talking motofail here.
Posted Image

#15 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

I don't think it will for reasons that can be found in the soak test threads...such as if you're rooted and have problems installing the update PM us and we'll try to work it out. As in, they're not flat out telling us it won't work if you're rooted. I'm gonna OTA rootkeep before accepting and see what happens. I don't think it will be the drama like the d2g and dx had, but we are talking motofail here.

Well I hope you are right but they have already gone down that path with the devices I mentioned above so why reverse course now?

Clearly in those two cases they didn't want people to be able to flash back to something that was still rootable....

#16 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

well day two and still haven't seen the update yet. hope its working out for some soak testers

#17 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Wait what happened with the dx and d2g? You can always use RSD to revert back to factory stock and then ota your way up the path. That's my plan when the official ICS comes out. (If I'm not dead before that happens)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#18 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Wait what happened with the dx and d2g? You can always use RSD to revert back to factory stock and then ota your way up the path. That's my plan when the official ICS comes out. (If I'm not dead before that happens)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Not ALWAYS. If they update the bootloader, they can modify what the minimum version number is for RSD to flash (a.k.a. .744/.748/.173 could be marked as outdated and prohibited). That is why The App That Shall Not Be Named should never be used by anyone that isn't willing to sacrifice their device and staff has asked time and again for people to wait for them to verify the safety of updates before flashing them.

#19 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

The 181 build has been out in the wild for awhile now and you can fastboot back from it and root it.

#20 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

The 181 build has been out in the wild for awhile now and you can fastboot back from it and root it.

True but it's a leak. Doesn't mean the official push won't muck with the bootloader

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users