#361 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Current Device(s):Yes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Random n00b question: Do I have to re-flash to update? I know, but it's one of the first ROMs I've used and the other one was complete with no more updates.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I refuse. 

uploadfromtaptalk1404894178520.jpg

#362 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Random n00b question: Do I have to re-flash to update? I know, but it's one of the first ROMs I've used and the other one was complete with no more updates.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Re-flash to update? I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you asking do you have to do a factory reset?  If so, then no.

Are you asking if you have to download the new version and flash it via Safestrap?  If so, then yes.

You can dirty flash this rom, but its not recommended (for all roms it isn't recommended).

As an example, I was fine; then suddenly I had System UI failures on boot.  I had dirty flashed.  I deleted the slot and its working well now after the reflash.

#363 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Re-flash to update? I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you asking do you have to do a factory reset? If so, then no.

Are you asking if you have to download the new version and flash it via Safestrap? If so, then yes.

You can dirty flash this rom, but its not recommended (for all roms it isn't recommended).

As an example, I was fine; then suddenly I had System UI failures on boot. I had dirty flashed. I deleted the slot and its working well now after the reflash.

Oops. I meant "dirty flash." I did that, and had to reflash GApps, and used the slim package the devs recommended. They came out white instead of dark, but most everything seems to be in working order again.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I refuse. 

#364 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Oops. I meant "dirty flash." I did that, and had to reflash GApps, and used the slim package the devs recommended. They came out white instead of dark, but most everything seems to be in working order again.

Haha no worries - I was just covering bases.

That being said, I can't get system to stay stable.  I changed one thing (Bluetooth.apk from AOKP 6) and boom, everything goes to hell in a hand basket again and system UI continues to fail.  WTFBBQ man?!?!  The BT apk shouldn't do that!

#365 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Does anyone have the BT mod so we can get back the text broadcast / ID3 tags in cars (I believe this is called the Bluetooth MAP)?  I know that my Razr used to do this, but I tried the latest AOKP build from the team by swapping in the BT.apk file (got the system UI stable again) and no dice - still no BT text transmission to my car.

#366 PuttsMoBilesiCit

PuttsMoBilesiCit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:puttsmobiles

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Does anyone have the BT mod so we can get back the text broadcast / ID3 tags in cars (I believe this is called the Bluetooth MAP)?  I know that my Razr used to do this, but I tried the latest AOKP build from the team by swapping in the BT.apk file (got the system UI stable again) and no dice - still no BT text transmission to my car.

I am very VERY interested in this also as I am a driver for a living.

#367 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

When I'm in my car, if I engage Bluetooth, it will connect. When I make a call, though, Bluetooth gets shut off from my phones side. Any ideas as to what causes this?

I refuse. 

#368 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

When I'm in my car, if I engage Bluetooth, it will connect. When I make a call, though, Bluetooth gets shut off from my phones side. Any ideas as to what causes this?

Go into app settings and clear data from Bluetooth sharing app. Should fix it. Happens to me pretty frequently.

-Flash now, ask questions later.

Posted Image

#369 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Go into app settings and clear data from Bluetooth sharing app. Should fix it. Happens to me pretty frequently.

-Flash now, ask questions later.

If this doesn't work, run a fix permissions after doing it again.

#370 Kyle06

Kyle06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Any plans for anymore updates? Love the rom!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• canezila and PuttsMoBilesiCit like this

#371 slvrbul

slvrbul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx / Motorola Xoom MZ602 4G

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Posted Image

#372 eriv85

eriv85

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've been using the stock ROM for a while now and just need a quick answer. Previous versions of CM10 and AOKP both had a big where 4g service was lost permanently if you lost service temporarily. Has this bug been fixed in these later versions? I'd like to go back to one of these two but my bus goes into the station and loses 4g every day.

#373 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've been using the stock ROM for a while now and just need a quick answer. Previous versions of CM10 and AOKP both had a big where 4g service was lost permanently if you lost service temporarily. Has this bug been fixed in these later versions? I'd like to go back to one of these two but my bus goes into the station and loses 4g every day.

I've had plenty of times where I've lost 4g and it comes back when I get back into 4g areas

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#374 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

One minor problem ghats more of an annoyance than an actual issue: is there a way to get more than 9 items in a folder? I like to use folders, but only being able to put 9 items away crimps my desire to folder-ize all my Google apps on my home screen.

I refuse. 

#375 lifeontheedge324

lifeontheedge324

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I am getting phone calls that arent coming through? Like my phone will start to vibrate and the screen goes black and it says the phone is not responding.  Sometimes if Iw ait I can get my phone back, but usually I have to hard reset and its really getting annoying.  At first I thought it was just generated by the system and then started asking people about it and I hadnt been answering some calls.  Any ideas? Rom is messing up for me every now and then on other small things, but even after I wipe cache, dalvik cache, and fix permissions, nothing gets better.  any help is appreciated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users