Photo

Lightning Launcher - little intro and talk?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tailland

tailland

German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hi fellow Moto members..

I couldn't find an existing thread for this excellent program, so I guess it's cool to start one ?

The variety of available launchers on the market doesn't really make it easy to chose the "right one".

Like many of you, I ran the Nova launcher Pro for quite a while now but in all honesty:

I wasn't REALLY satisfied because I needed a bunch of additional little helper programs to design my phone layout the way I wanted (or at least get close).

It seems there is indeed a better launcher out there, not only for modders but for users who can appreciate a truly fast, stable and lightweight-footprint launcher in general:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(Free version, does not contain ads or other malware)

- A donate version is available (includes 1 "secret" functionality, no clue what that could be)

- A few free/pay plugins are available ("Unread" plugin is highly recommended to display missed calls/sms/mails directly on screen elements)

Main features (as I see them)

- TRULY lightweight (205 kilobyte !!!) and blazingly fast.

- No bloated flamboyance or 3D gadgetry

- Potential for customisation, both in functional and visual terms. You can make your phone look like android, windows, firefox or totally customised in a matter of minutes.

- Important functionalities for every situation are provided in an intuitive manner

- Although it's a bit different than other launchers, it takes little to no time to understand all the functionality it offers

- The author of the launcher, Pierre Hebért (Pierrox), can be contacted easily and is quick to react when people are having problems

Screenshot1 shows a spontaneous layout I made. The entire screen took me about 25 minutes to make.

A little introductory video

It's a bit hard to outline all the functionalities LL offers, I'll try anway...

LL customisation itself:

- Assignment of buttons / gestures (single/double/long press)

- Notbar visibility / screen animations

- Default settings for screens /elements / folders, makes editing of elements a lot easier

- Properties/behaviour of background color or graphics (e.g. manual resize, auto-resize, overlay)

- Manage themes / load / save

- Simple preview function (via swipe gesture, saves LOTS of time when modding ;))

Screens/Elements/Folders/App Drawer (yes, you can take care of all these things, collectively or individually):

- You have an indefinite number of homescreens to all sides, zooming in/out (e.g. by gestures) can group several homescreens as a collective new homescreen (with smaller icons of course)

- You are not bound by the usual x*y rows/column patterns when placing elements, although you can use this scheme if you like.

- You can add applications / shortcuts / app-Widgets / LL-widgets and folders to your desktop. And if you have multiple homescreens, you can even assign scrolling points to an element.

- You can place elements across different homescreens, on top/below each other and rotate them freely.

- For every element you insert, you can set text / symbol / overlay / background / position / alignment / box / gesture properties (Screenshot 2).

- You can copy settings from element to element.

I admit, I was a bit reluctant after first installed the launcher, because its "look and feel" was a bit different compared to all other launchers I had tried in the past.

But as a matter of fact, not only will you get used to it within minutes, you will also appreciate its intuitiveness.

And although this launcher is a modder's wet dream, I can wholeheartedly recommend to ANYONE who is looking for the fastest and smallest launcher available.

I hope more people look into this app, because it's really superb and maybe we can use this thread to share our experiences and questions :wub:

Attached Files

• Attached File  ss1.jpg   38.96KB   49 downloads
  • Attached File  ss2.jpg   47.21KB   49 downloads
  • Attached File  ss3.jpg   37.18KB   47 downloads

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Looks cool. Thanks for getting this out there.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Does look nice, and a good write-up!

#4 Coo1GuyPau1

Coo1GuyPau1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic ROOTED thanks to DanNSam

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

I use nova launcher pro, will try this, thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#5 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'm so used to Apex that I've found it hard to switch to other launchers, but I think I might have to try this out.

Tapatalking from the pits of hell with my Slaytanic Rage machine!

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#6 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'm so used to Apex that I've found it hard to switch to other launchers, but I think I might have to try this out.

Tapatalking from the pits of hell with my Slaytanic Rage machine!

Same thing here. I've used Apex since the first Beta build lol. I tried Lightning Launcher and switched back to Apex.

Sent from my Raged Out HD using Tapatalk (VIP)

#7 tailland

tailland

German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

A bit of news:

Only around Xmas, LL Extreme is at a super cheap price !

Time to join, if you want the "Extreme" version (packed with features that surpass almost anything other launchers have)

Go to:

Check here for news and basic tutorials (much needed :))

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users