#21 darkcypher6

darkcypher6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I didn't wipe at all and had no issues, HOWEVER I did make a backup prior. I'll give it a proper rundown now and report my findings. Also, i'd like to talk to whoever may know what I need to do in order to get a functional updater-script going for this as soon as possible. Moto devices are a bit alien to me and the whole not having s-off has been...interesting to say the least
Phone: Rooted VZW Droid RAZR on ICS Phone: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Watch: Motorola Motoactv

#22 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm sure there will be a 1% mod soon!... I'm working on it myself but I'm shutting down for the night.. As far as I know there wasn't another Deodexer yet for the ICS leak. DT's flash mod is to flash tweaks to the ICS leak. Which I can tell you does not play nice with the deodexed framework.

#23 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I didn't wipe at all and had no issues, HOWEVER I did make a backup prior. I'll give it a proper rundown now and report my findings. Also, i'd like to talk to whoever may know what I need to do in order to get a functional updater-script going for this as soon as possible. Moto devices are a bit alien to me and the whole not having s-off has been...interesting to say the least

quickest way to get an updater script is to download a mod and take a look at the updater script within the mod. Take a look at mine then hit me up. It'll will need adjusted depending on what you wanna do with it.

#24 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Well done! Thanks for the work. I'm excited to see what works pop up in the next week or so now that this is available.

#25 darkcypher6

darkcypher6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

quickest way to get an updater script is to download a mod and take a look at the updater script within the mod. Take a look at mine then hit me up. It'll will need adjusted depending on what you wanna do with it.

i actualky looked at it before i flashed this lol. i noticed that wifi was cutting out intermittently after flashing and headphone jack was being touchy so i flashed back to my nandroid. basically i wany be able to modify the ics leak with the3 deodexed files
Phone: Rooted VZW Droid RAZR on ICS Phone: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Watch: Motorola Motoactv

#26 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks nice work :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#27 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Here come some themes!!! Thanks for this EmericanX and Nitro!

One question, what will this do if bloatware has been removed? Not frozen but deleted.

#28 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Wait, can someone explain to me why I can't flash this over DT's mod if all it did was remove bloat, add init.d and adjust build.prop? and also how would one go back to stock if they flashed DT's mod? hehe
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#29 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Wait, can someone explain to me why I can't flash this over DT's mod if all it did was remove bloat, add init.d and adjust build.prop? and also how would one go back to stock if they flashed DT's mod? hehe

I can't answer your first question but to answer your second:

I made a nand backup as soon as I regained root of complete 100% stock ICS. Not sure about why DT's script messes with it but as the OP says, don't do it. If you do, it's your fault.

EDIT: Ok well I jumped the gun and flashed this even though I had bloatware deleted and some frozen apps. Everything has booted up perfectly normal. There is one catch though that should be pointed out in the OP. Flashing this will reinstall every single piece of bloatware.

#30 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I can't answer your first question but to answer your second:

I made a nand backup as soon as I regained root of complete 100% stock ICS. Not sure about why DT's script messes with it but as the OP says, don't do it. If you do, it's your fault.

EDIT: Ok well I jumped the gun and flashed this even though I had bloatware deleted and some frozen apps. Everything has booted up perfectly normal. There is one catch though that should be pointed out in the OP. Flashing this will reinstall every single piece of bloatware.

Alrite well since I didn't make a nand backup when I installed the leak, (DOH!) I am gonna try to flash this over DT's Mod and report back, lol. Btw if we deodex FIRST then flash the modifier will it work? :D
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#31 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!! I flashed over DT's Mod and I think it worked! Idk exactly what is supposed to happen but after I flashed it showed andoid is upgrading then booted a little slow and after a min or two seemed responsive enough, so I used root explorer to check system files and no .odex files were there except for dockservice.odex. AGAIN, I am only assuming it worked so can someone with more experience shed a little light on this? I will post screenshots if needed.

EDIT: I also saw blur-services.odex and that's it.

#32 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Framework won't even decompile.

SystemUI won't decompile either.

#33 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Okay so this is update #2 after I booted up I started deleting bloat via root explorer and when finished I booted into cwm and wiped cache and dalvik but could not boot up so I had to factory reset in stock recovery and finally booted up. Setting up and will edit later.

EDIT: after like a few sec of me posting, I realized that MyGallery keeps FC. I think I removed too much bloat, lol. Besides that everything is great.

#34 ebidar

ebidar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:leo_300
  • Google+:leo.elizondo31@gmail.com

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Will this work if the ics leak is themed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Will this work if the ics leak is themed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it just replaces the system apps and framework files with stock deodexed versions I believe.

#36 ebidar

ebidar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:leo_300
  • Google+:leo.elizondo31@gmail.com

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Thanks will try later today.

#37 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Framework won't even decompile.

SystemUI won't decompile either.

I decompiled systemui last night just to check... recompiled and running as we speak. so i'm not sure what the issue is youre having..Edit: are you using the proper apktool for ICS?

#38 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Downloading now, will seed later. Thanks for the work EmericanX!

Alternate link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

seeding with 1 Gb...

Edited by MartyChubbs, 23 April 2012 - 06:13 AM.

I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#39 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Nice! Ill update the OP with the alternate later...

#40 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

the only problem I am having is my gallery keeps stopping. I cant access my gallery. tried rebooting but no luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users