#1 Random_Khaos

Random_Khaos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hello fellows,

I have been using my RAZR HD for almost 6 months with no major issues to speak of.  Recently i decided to bite the bullet and unlock the bootloader and tried out the ROM, Rage HD v1.1, and i really enjoyed it.  But after a week i started having issues with my microphone.  First my mp3 recorder started giving me error messages when i attempt to record saying to close other apps that might be using the microphone.  Next phone calls stopped sending my voice, although i can hear the other side just fine.  Using a headset allows me to still use the phone for work and all but it is a real drag not being able to use my phone as a tuner for my cello like i used to.  It seems like an app may be causing this because i have since wiped the device and tried the Slimbean ROM, and the voice search worked once in 'google now' but is currently dysfunctional.

Has anyone else heard of this issue and would anyone know how i can solve it?  I'm going to try a fresh rom again with none of my apps installed and see if that can narrow down the culprit.

Thank you,

Random_Khaos

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hello fellows,

I have been using my RAZR HD for almost 6 months with no major issues to speak of.  Recently i decided to bite the bullet and unlock the bootloader and tried out the ROM, Rage HD v1.1, and i really enjoyed it.  But after a week i started having issues with my microphone.  First my mp3 recorder started giving me error messages when i attempt to record saying to close other apps that might be using the microphone.  Next phone calls stopped sending my voice, although i can hear the other side just fine.  Using a headset allows me to still use the phone for work and all but it is a real drag not being able to use my phone as a tuner for my cello like i used to.  It seems like an app may be causing this because i have since wiped the device and tried the Slimbean ROM, and the voice search worked once in 'google now' but is currently dysfunctional.

Has anyone else heard of this issue and would anyone know how i can solve it?  I'm going to try a fresh rom again with none of my apps installed and see if that can narrow down the culprit.

Thank you,

Random_Khaos

Download the App called Quick Boot...This will give you 4 Options one is Hot Boot...It Refreshes your System Apps and might Reactivate your UI System getting everything Re-Synced again...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hello fellows,

Thank you,

Random_Khaos

Since you're running RageHD, you probably should have posted this in my thread, it would have gotten answered faster.

That being said, it seems like something might have happened with your flash, this is the first i'm hearing of microphone issues. Also, the ROM has been updated to v1.2 so maybe you should try out the update?

#4 Random_Khaos

Random_Khaos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I reflashed stock 4.1.2 and i am still encountering microphone failure.  I am assuming i ruined the phone somehow and am out a few hundred dollars.  Thanks for trying to help though.

(bummer)

#5 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have already had my phone replaced for this issue I'm not on a unlocked bootloader it just went bad

replaced it under warranty I am rooted though new phone is fine

I wondered how many have had this it was a real problem on the Droid 4 had 5 of them for this issue

that's why I went to the razr HD

Do it now you may not be able to later

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr hd, microphone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users