Memorial Day Weekend

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

20120531-bbqday1.jpg

I know this is pretty morbid but I just wanted to remind people of what Memorial Day is all about. Most people seem to forget why we remember this day and just want to have their cookout and drink beer. Those of us who have served or know someone who served will never forget.

A couple years ago, my unit deployed. We lost 19 people during that deployment and that was only my first. It has gotten to the point where I've lost so many friends that I can't even remember their names.

So please take a minute out of your weekend, and remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

"Do not thank me for my service, because my service is not complete. Thank those whose service is fullfilled and have made the ultimate sacrifice, and above all, never forget."

-BDH

• droidian1441, gbrooke, neckchop and 12 others like this

#2 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

1 up.
I was just complaining about the memorial day party/cookout/sales commercials today. Though i don't always agree with the causes, i respect the men and women willing to fight for their beliefs. I wish people weren't always looking to party because of a holiday, but realized why the holiday existed more.

typed on a Bionic running Eclipse 1.3 on ICS build 232.
  • neckchop, tucstwo and jl90 like this

#3 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Google+:martha holcomb
  • Locationnortheast mississippi
  • Current Device(s):moto xpe 2015

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

i have 2 uncles and 2 brother-in laws that are retired air force. the first 6 years of my married life was that of an air force wife. My father was a member of the 294th joint assault signal company in WWII. you won't hear much about them on the military channel or history channel, but they were some of the first to go ashore at omaha beach, normandy.  they had to go in first with their radios and radio back to the ships to let them know the locations of the german entrinchments so the ships would know where to aim their cannons to provide cover for the rest of the soldiers coming ashore. most of them didn't make it.

it is with my utmost gratitude that i tip my hat and offer a handshake to all of our veterans.  

• neckchop and jl90 like this

#4 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

I agree. These men and woman over the years that have lost their lives defending our country deserve to be remembered tomorrow. I also may not agree with especially the reasons they are required to fight now a days I still tip my hat off to them for if it wasn't for them things would be a lot different over here and we may not have the freedoms that we enjoy in our day to day lives. One being having this site and being able to share our opinions on all different things not just about our smartphones.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE SERVED AND ALL THAT ARE SERVING IN THE ARMED FORCES!!!!!!

Mark A. Herman

• neckchop, mamawm and jl90 like this

#5 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Puts it all in perspective. Thank you bdh for reminding us what this holiday is about. I have never served but have family who have done so and thankfully they all came home safe. Thank you to the men, women and families who have given so much!!!!

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

23.52KB   21 downloads

Navy Brat, here to represent. Please try to remember, 3:00pm Local time (Tomorrow 5/27), a moment of silence for the fallen Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines of our great US Military whom without, we WOULD NOT have a Memorial Day at ALL!

• neckchop, usmcamgrimm, johnthehillbilly and 2 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thank you to all of my brothers and sisters who have or are serving. In my time in the Corps, I had the opportunity to serve my great country overseas 3 times, and like BDH, lost too many friends and fellow Marines. Take a moment out of your day to pay tribute to them, and honor the deeds of these men and women.

Tapatalking from the pits of hell with my Slaytanic Rage machine!
  • King Howie and mamawm like this

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#8 corona63976

corona63976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Google+:samuel63976@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus7,Motorola Droid Turbo

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thats a fact BDH to the men and women that have gave their lives for our freedom..Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
~Corona63976~

#9 corona63976

corona63976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Google+:samuel63976@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus7,Motorola Droid Turbo

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

I know this is pretty morbid but I just wanted to remind people of what Memorial Day is all about. Most people seem to forget why we remember this day and just want to have their cookout and drink beer. Those of us who have served or know someone who served will never forget.

A couple years ago, my unit deployed. We lost 19 people during that deployment and that was only my first. It has gotten to the point where I've lost so many friends that I can't even remember their names.

So please take a minute out of your weekend, and remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

"Do not thank me for my service, because my service is not complete. Thank those whose service is fullfilled and have made the ultimate sacrifice, and above all, never forget."
-BDH

Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
~Corona63976~

#10 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

I know you very humbly said "don't thank me for my service...."
Sorry.... but being a veteran myself, I DO thank you :) :) and I will always always always be thankful and grateful for all our men and women who are currently serving and who have served......:)

As well as solemnly remembering and honoring our brothers and sisters who have paid the ultimate price for my freedom.....

So to ALL those who are serving or who have served...... THANK YOU and I love you <3 for all you have done!!!

tapadriving.....hillbilly style
  • usmcamgrimm and bdazzg1 like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users