thank good looking install on stock work great

#982 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

What happens if you are on the .84 leak and just want to reinstall again to get rid of root access? My phone keeps going into Fastboot mode every time I plug it in to charge with the power off. This happened when I rooted. Now my phone will only charge if the power is on.
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#983 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

What happens if you are on the .84 leak and just want to reinstall again to get rid of root access? My phone keeps going into Fastboot mode every time I plug it in to charge with the power off. This happened when I rooted. Now my phone will only charge if the power is on.

Root alone would not likely cause your issue. Did you make any system modifications? Are you using a standard Moto charging cable? (The one that cane in the box)

[ Courtesy of Hotel California ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#984 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

No mods made. Standard cable. I'm not sure what's happening. Would there be a problem with reinstalling .84? Or do you know of a way to get rid of this issue? I don't know what else to do. Lol. Totally clueless. (Me.... I mean..... I'm clueless. :-)
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#985 talkdj

talkdj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

Well first I have to say a BIG thank you to everyone on this forum. After two days of messing around with this and some big time grief from the wife ("How long are you going to be on the computer"?) I finally got ICS 206 on the Maxx. Though my friends tell me I don't know how to be brief, here's what I did to achieve ICS.

Make sure you have a completely stock rooted Razr. I used Matt's Utility 1.6 to go back to 181 stock. Then rooted, added ES File Explorer, Voodo OTA (I tried everything before I did this to get it to work and it kept failing). Also, make sure you have not installed bootstrap, safestrap, or CWM through ROM Mgr. If you have any of these installed, you will not be able to upgrade (It took me two days of playing to figure that out). Again, use Matt's Utility 1.6 to get back to stock, then use it to root. Then follow the directions in the OP.

Since I don't have a PC but just a Mac, I had all kinds of issues with Windows 7 and Paralells getting the phone to be discovered. That's another story which I won't bore you with but now when I put the phone on the computer in Windows it is found and everything works great. There's something to be said about Windows XP Pro, it just works.

Well now that I'm off the beaten path of OTA updates, I have some time to get this up and running. Again, thanks for everything. The Razr Maxx is just so much better than the G-Nex. I really love this phone.
  • opieum likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users