BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

This is a port of Chameleon OS from source by me. I take no credit for the ROM other than the porting.

Thank you to my testers! *glares at tucstwo, with a loving grin...*

opheader.gif

opfeatures.gif
Launcher Features

· Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel
· Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
· Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
· Home screen previews, rearrangable homescreens
· Set default screen from previews layout
· Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
· Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
· Gestures: Pinch to show previews, spread to show launcher settings

Theme Manager

· Based on MIUI's theme engine
· Mix and match different themes on the fly
· Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
· Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
· Animated boot animation preview
· Boot animation resolution scaling

Status Bar

· Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
· Extended volume panel in page view toggles
· Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen

Messaging

· Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
· Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis

Security

· Manage installed apps' permissions

...and more!

opscreenshots.gif

opscreens.png

More screenshots available on 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

opdownloads.gif

Also make sure to flash the latest 

--

Check out our homepage at 

and our 

-

| 

| 

Edited by satman80, 04 June 2013 - 02:33 PM.

• neckchop, BionicMan69, zooyork0721 and 2 others like this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Good find Byte, I've never heard of this rom. And you're very welcome for guinea pigging this. I hope you have the GODS blessing to both port and post this :p But either way, I see it like 99.9% of Android is open source, so I would'nt worry.

Either way, anyone looking for a very different experience, give this a shot. It's not a batty as MIUI, but its still very unique. Not your normal take on AOSP. Very interesting. I'm still learning it.

A+

I've kinda found that this rom makes certain apps perform like their Tablet UI, but WITHOUT taking over the entire screen. It's kinda nifty, like the table ui stuff can be swiped in(?) IDK how to even explain it, you just gotta kinda try it out... Either way it's a very, very unique type of ROM. Nice work bye for bringing in something original (Oh wait, I thought DR doesn't do ANYTHING original?...hmm)
  • neckchop, s.dubs, JJT211 and 2 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Umm, Byte, quick question:

While granted, I've never heard of this rom until you dug it up, (nice find, BTW)  But either way, it seems to be VERY unique. I've read in your OP that this is an open source rom, build on AOSP (unlike an MIUI for example), so I won't BS around, I just have one simple question: now that you've ported this rom you are now (by default) the OFFICIAL liaison to "Team Chameleon", so ANY and EVERY decision pertaining to this ROM FROM NOW ON NEEDS to go through you, correct? Anyways, Should I decide to build on this rom, theme it, improve upon it (based on the same repos YOU used), do I now NEED to have YOUR explicit blessing now to post it again? I mean, just saying, now you OWN it, I wouldn't want to step on any toes. Again, not positive on YOUR ROMS policies. Just clearing the air.

• JJT211 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#4 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

While granted, I've never heard of this rom until you dug it up, (nice find, BTW)  But either way, it seems to be VERY unique. I've read in your OP that this is an open source rom, build on AOSP (unlike an MIUI for example), so I won't BS around, I just have one simple question: now that you've ported this rom you are now (by default) the OFFICIAL liaison to "Team Chameleon", so ANY and EVERY decision pertaining to this ROM FROM NOW ON NEEDS to go through you, correct? Anyways, Should I decide to build on this rom, theme it, improve upon it (based on the same repos YOU used), do I now NEED to have YOUR explicit blessing now to post it again? I mean, just saying, now you OWN it, I wouldn't want to step on any toes. Again, not positive on YOUR ROMS policies. Just clearing the air.

No, I'm not. I don't represent Chameleon. You could release any derivative of any ROM, including this one, and release it without my blessing. Credit is in good taste though.

• s.dubs, zooyork0721 and jpk17 like this

#5 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

No, I'm not. I don't represent Chameleon. You could release any derivative of any ROM, including this one, and release it without my blessing. Credit is in good taste though.

That was cute you guys ^-^ <3

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#6 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

That was cute you guys ^-^ <3

lmao I thought so too :p

• MonkeyMouth likes this

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

well, of course, you ported it. Thats a fine contribution to this rom and the android community. But what if I just want to put up a fancy background, maybe a custom launcher...idk, maybe Ill toss in some init.d stuff and who knows..MAYBE, I'll theme the keyboard!!!  :ph34r:

Is that COOL with you, on YOUR new rom? Do you need to run it past the original rom devs...? Well, no, I suppose not as they posted it up as an open source build under the Apache or gnu license. So they won't care. IDK, I suppose maybe you should consult them and then respond to me? Being that it's ALL YOUR CODE. Wow man, I mean, Ive always envied you, Andrew (turn on sarcasm), for a young man your age, you've always surprised me time and time again with your abilities[[honest word here!]]  (turn back on sarcasm), but I know the LIFETIMES of work you've got in this, it must be a MAJOR ball crush for you to allow me to make such a mockery of YOUR rom?! I mean crap, JUST some basic edits? Who am i to take such a dump on your masterpiece?!

• JJT211 and zooyork0721 like this

#8 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

well, of course, you ported it. Thats a fine contribution to this rom and the android community. But what if I just want to put up a fancy background, maybe a custom launcher...idk, maybe Ill toss in some init.d stuff and who knows..MAYBE, I'll theme the keyboard!!!  :ph34r:

Is that COOL with you, on YOUR new rom? Do you need to run it past the original rom devs...? Well, no, I suppose not as they posted it up as an open source build under the Apache or gnu license. So they won't care. IDK, I suppose maybe you should consult them and then respond to me? Being that it's ALL YOUR CODE. Wow man, I mean, Ive always envied you, Andrew (turn on sarcasm), for a young man your age, you've always surprised me time and time again with your abilities[[honest word here!]]  (turn back on sarcasm), but I know the LIFETIMES of work you've got in this, it must be a MAJOR ball crush for you to allow me to make such a mockery of YOUR rom?! I mean crap, JUST some basic edits? Who am i to take such a dump on your masterpiece?!

Well, I guess you could release it like that. No rule or law against it. Don't see the point in that though. People can use their launcher, keyboard theme and wallpaper.

You don't need to run it past anyone.

• JJT211, zooyork0721 and Noigel like this

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

OK FUN's OVER

Lest anyone think I'm this much of a douche, I think you should get to know me a bit more. But these are the kinds of conversations that NEED to STOP in Android ROM threads. Everything you just read from me as 100% satirical. This is not who I am. I was trying to "jokingly" prove a point.

I'm done now, and please, all those interested, I tested this rom for Byte and it's a VERY cool rom. I commend him for getting it bootable on our devices, as hard or easy as it may have been for him. It's pretty nifty. Give it a try, it's indeed VERY unique.

• s.dubs likes this

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well, this definitely looks interesting.  Good work Byte, and quite an interesting read guys.  Thanks for a couple minutes of entertainment.

• tucstwo and zooyork0721 like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Anyone that flashes this ROM is in for a treat. I ran this ROM for a long time on my S3 and it's amazing. It's basically CM but with the MIUI Theme Manager. Very nice smooth ROM and will not disappoint. Great job porting Byte!

#12 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Anyone that flashes this ROM is in for a treat. I ran this ROM for a long time on my S3 and it's amazing. It's basically CM but with the MIUI Theme Manager. Very nice smooth ROM and will not disappoint. Great job porting Byte!

Indeed, so far so good.

#13 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

And since this ROM is built off of the most up to date sources as of now.... it has the latest patches and optimizations/fixes from razrqcom. Might wanna try my kernel on it ;)

• Noigel and jrock like this

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

And since this ROM is built off of the most up to date sources as of now.... it has the latest patches and optimizations/fixes from razrqcom. Might wanna try my kernel on it ;)

Perfect combo!

#15 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Can anybody port Chameleon OS 5 to Razr M XT907? 

• neckchop and jamminjon82 like this

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#16 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Can anybody port Chameleon OS 5 to Razr M XT907? 

Really?  Give it some time.  This just hit the presses last night.  Patience, my friend. 

• neckchop and Noigel like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#17 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Wow! It`s cos 0.7 in download link! 

you are the best! 

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#18 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

Android caused my divorce !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth
  • Current Device(s):M8 ROOTED S-OFF UNLOCKED, XT926 UNLOCKED

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Bada$$ ROM man and I'm still $#!+ting myself laughing over the first couple posts ! 

• tucstwo likes this

Sent from my Chuck Norris Edition M8 

#19 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

So guys I've never actually run this ROM. What do you like about it?

#20 kriskokd

kriskokd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Been running this for about 2 hours and so far so good. Really responsive. Good job

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users