Photo

How should I upgrade to JB?

Best Answer tucstwo , 01 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

I would use this utility that matt created. Flash the JB firmware (with or without data wipe), then run the root tool, then install safe strap, rinse repeat.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 genebopp

genebopp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

It looks like I am a little late to upgrading my Maxx.  Most of the upgrade info is a couple of months old.  I have read most of it, but dont really see a clear answer so I hope one of the experts can point me at the latest way of thinking.

I have a razr maxx that is rooted ICS. I want to have rooted JB. The JB OTA update fails.  I dont know why.  I might have deleted a bloatware or two. I dont really have any issues.

I was thinking my step 1 was to find Matts 1.8 utility, but it is not on his site anymore.  Can I just use the 1.9 and JB upgrade thread info?  Can I use rootkeeper, do a FDR and accept the OTA and then restore root with rootkeeper?  

thanks

Gene

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:19 AM   Best Answer

I would use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

that matt created. Flash the JB firmware (with or without data wipe), then run the root tool, then install safe strap, rinse repeat.

• genebopp likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 genebopp

genebopp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thanks.  That was unbelievably easy.  

Gene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users