• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

hey all, i'm getting ready to buy a case for my Maxx (again) and wanted opinions.  i had the Trident Kraken and wasn't impressed because it's always doing what it's name implies...Cracking.  sure, the phone was alright, but the case cracked and busted around it just while going in and out of my pocket and, yes, the occasional drop but never a far drop, not to mention the clear, non-replaceable screen protector got scratched up horribly and looked awful to the point i busted it out.  and the clip that comes with it is a joke.  

i went with a cheap, hard plastic cover for a while, and while it was really nice having a nice, thin phone for a while and having a more stylish cover, it wasn't good for it.  now i have a NEW Razr Maxx (insurance) and i don't wanna have it looking like crap...so what cases do y'all recommend?  i'd like a more stylish case, if that's possible.  that's one area where i guess my wife's iFail has the clear advantage...she can get any kind of case she wants.  if i could find one in a different color other than black, or possibly one in camo, i'd be happy.  i've been looking at the Otter Box Defender (had it on other phones) and i know it's pretty tough, but i only see it in black.  also wanted to know what was considered the "best" before i "pull the trigger". 

thanks y'all!!

#2 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Seidio always has good cases, but for me, I recently went naked with my Maxx. I got the belt clip for a Bonic and the Maxx fits naked in it like a dream. I prefer naked phones over a bulky case. Dangerous, but looks so much better.

• Maxximized likes this
Posted Image

#3 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

i always go with otterbox cases for all my phones

• Maxximized and richardjrdeal like this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#4 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thanks y'all! Think I'm gonna go with the Otter Box again. My buddy told me about a new one called the "Armor" series that's suppose to be waterproof to a certain depth, dustproof, crushproof up to like 1,600 lbs and all that...said its about $100 though...any one heard of that one?

Sent from the nut house...

#5 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

ive heard of the armor series but i havent seen them for the maxx. Ive only seen them for the s3 and a couple of icraps

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#6 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

ive heard of the armor series but i havent seen them for the maxx. Ive only seen them for the s3 and a couple of icraps

Yes, looking myself it appears my friend was mistaken, they don't have the Armor case for the Razr. Guess its gonna be the defender...just wish i could get it in another color than black...plain black is just kinda boring. Oh well

#7 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

look on ebay. Thats where i always get mine they are cheeper and usually have more of a variety. 

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#8 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I've been looking on Amazon...but on the Otter Box, don't they only make black? If so, how would there be more variety on Ebay? Just curious.

#9 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm not really sure but I know for the HD and Max HD they have a few different ones that are not on the otter box site.and most come in otter box packaging but you don't get the official otter box warranty. But they don't really honor their own warranty in my experiences that's why I started go to eBay.
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#10 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Ah i see...i ended up pulling the trigger on a black defender case, should be here Tuesday...not all stoked, its just a plain Jane case...i guess it'll protect it but I'm dreading the bulk i hadn't missed.

#11 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

after a couple days i dont even notice the size. I just think my phone is tiny and fragile when its off lol

• Kyle06 likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#12 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yea i get use to the bulk...just don't like it.

#13 azle

azle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

I have been using the PT Platnum touch, sleek and nice with good coverage. It has that soft ruber velvet typ feeling cover pretty nice also comes with a belt clip easy in and out very secure. Best Buy 30ish

Azle

#14 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

I'll have to look into that azle. I ended up getting the Otter Box Defender and overall, its a pretty good case even if it is boring and plain. Guess the case isn't suppose to "entertain me", its suppose to protect the phone that does...and it does do that.

Sent from your mom's bed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users