• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I flashed my leak from Arcanexi post not SPC hicks so this is not intended for him but directly at Arcan's thread. My phone is also hard bricked with no way of bringing it back. I tried all sorts of things including working directly with the mods on chat. I just need to vent.

I wouldnt of been so careless and gung ho in flashing the leak(.84) if I knew it was not RSD flashable. That is the only reason I did flash it. Because I assumed I could flash back safely. I was running my regular setup which was working wonderfully. I just wanted to see if the new leak was good or not. Again assuming I could just go back to my other setup if I wanted to. I can understand if the leak was posted saying they werent sure if RSD would work or not. but it was stated that it DID WORK. very bad form. Arcan needs to own up to this issue and accept responsibility. As a senior member who is well respected at bringing well tested stuff, I trusted his work from his previous releases. I for one will not trust another again. This issue is going to severely discredit all the good work done by this website and other people here. I used to love coming here, and after this whole issue I get upset now each time I log on and see others in the same position as me. So many people got jacked over and all the Mods can say is well its the users fault since they flashed and they need to know what they are doing before they do it. I think thats BS....who finds out if something is safe to use for the masses? If someone like P3 says its safe, wouldnt others assume its safe? If a dev like Kejar says it works wouldnt you believe that? So, if someone like Arcan says its safe why would anyone question that? So, most would flash away trusting his word. While I still hold myself accountable because I am the one who flashed it, there is at least some percentage of the liability on the OP shoulders and all the others involved. Dont says its safe if your not 100% sure its safe..period..and if you say its safe and it really isnt then you have to accept some of the blame. I dont care if I get flammed or whatever for this post because I doubt I will ever come back to this site again. I am done here.

#2 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I bricked my device too. If you don't want to risk damaging your device, you probably shouldn't play with it like that. Stop blaming other people for your actions. Don't really want to start a flame war, but as someone who has a completely useless device right now, I can say I don't' blame moto, or this site. It is totally my fault for hacking my own device and downloading an unofficial build that is not released by the manufacturer. While whoever anyone is made at might have made a mistake, we as flashers need to take responsibility for our own actions. There is a risk of bricking our devices doing anything to it.
  • pdumont1 and HunterH116 like this

#3 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

He says he is holding himself responsible. He just is upset the dev or whatever said it was safe and wasn't. He's not suing anyone but is be mad if some one put a rom and said it was safe and bricked my phone too.

sent from my rooted ICS running RAZR with bootstrap alongside with beats audio hack and a battery mod. have a nice day you iPhone hating friends. :)
  • pcriz likes this
a what? an android? whats that?

#4 HunterH116

HunterH116

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Very true. Hacking your phone is like performing surgery if your not a doctor. It will have risks, and they can be HUGE sometimes. Never flash something as soon as it comes out or leaks, because this can happen. FutureBear is being mature about what happened. So please, be understanding that you are the risk, not them.

#5 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Have you guys tried using this method?

If you have a bricked device, then it might be worth the shot!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#6 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm not sure how to respond to this because while I agree 90% with what you say, what we do with our phones is *at our own risk*. I don't know much about Arcane but I have seen him appologize and take responsibility for this so to say he hasn't is wrong. I myself didn't brick my phone but find myself off the path with no idea if I will ever get back but I don't blame anyone but myself. I know the risks involved and I know that mistakes are made. I myself learned the lesson long ago that regardless of what a coworker tells you, always check the work yourself before putting your name to it. All that matters to me is that he learned this lesson also :)

#7 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

I flashed my leak from Arcanexi post not SPC hicks so this is not intended for him but directly at Arcan's thread. My phone is also hard bricked with no way of bringing it back. I tried all sorts of things including working directly with the mods on chat. I just need to vent.

I wouldnt of been so careless and gung ho in flashing the leak(.84) if I knew it was not RSD flashable. That is the only reason I did flash it. Because I assumed I could flash back safely. I was running my regular setup which was working wonderfully. I just wanted to see if the new leak was good or not. Again assuming I could just go back to my other setup if I wanted to. I can understand if the leak was posted saying they werent sure if RSD would work or not. but it was stated that it DID WORK. very bad form. Arcan needs to own up to this issue and accept responsibility. As a senior member who is well respected at bringing well tested stuff, I trusted his work from his previous releases. I for one will not trust another again. This issue is going to severely discredit all the good work done by this website and other people here. I used to love coming here, and after this whole issue I get upset now each time I log on and see others in the same position as me. So many people got jacked over and all the Mods can say is well its the users fault since they flashed and they need to know what they are doing before they do it. I think thats BS....who finds out if something is safe to use for the masses? If someone like P3 says its safe, wouldnt others assume its safe? If a dev like Kejar says it works wouldnt you believe that? So, if someone like Arcan says its safe why would anyone question that? So, most would flash away trusting his word. While I still hold myself accountable because I am the one who flashed it, there is at least some percentage of the liability on the OP shoulders and all the others involved. Dont says its safe if your not 100% sure its safe..period..and if you say its safe and it really isnt then you have to accept some of the blame. I dont care if I get flammed or whatever for this post because I doubt I will ever come back to this site again. I am done here.

The context don't matter. YOU AS A MEMBER except all responsibility, for anything that you do to your phone. Regardless of what the OP says. If you are looking for a loop hole or someone to blame your barking up the wrong tree.
Intact arcanexvi was at work and I tested the leak and two others did too. This is all symantecs, own up to your actions.
  • Thach, captmilk, PillClinton and 2 others like this

#8 P3Droid

P3Droid

Android Legend/ Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:P3Droid

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

to the OP and anyone else who shares his sentiments.

The leak works perfectly fine, if you flash it then you have a device running 6.14.84/5 and only your own actions (attempting to flash backwards) have caused the situation you find yourself in. There is nothing that is foolproof, if there was then oems would never release updates for their devices.

I think you should look around and find a way to fix your device and then come back and teach the community. No one like to be without their phone, and especially one that you think is bricked. The good news is that you are not bricked, you are just temporarily unable to use your device. I've actually bricked 4 phones and nothing could recover them. So cheer up, you will be able to use your razr eventually, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • captmilk and PillClinton like this

#9 Jdotcarter

Jdotcarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I kind of agree with the OP too... even though I didn't flash the leak I definitely would have eventually. This community is a pretty good one. All the dev had to say was... Beware, might night be fastbootable....

All the talk by mods and others have been about not releasing files that may harm the device permanently and I'm pretty sure the original thread mentioned it was fast boot able.

My only question to everyone with bricks is.....

why did you already try to flash back without a days usage of the new leak???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Here is my take on the situation, and I'm sure it will make some ppl mad.

I accept that it is my fault for flashing the leak. I know the risk. With that being said I do not see anyone stepping foreword and admitting that this was not properly tested before it was slapped up on a site so someone could say they done it first. It is not a one sided coin. Yes you are responsible for what you do to your phone. Yes the information was incorrect. But to hate on those that chose there actions on false information is pure retarded. Besides if you do not expect the ones just after credit or bragging rights or whatever the hell reason for a misinformed post, then leave those alone that feel like they got screwed over and now have to buy a new phone.

Based on this information one should not believe anything any dev says PERIOD.

I feel sorry for those that are bricked. I hope that a fix can be found , but then again you better not trust them.

Now everyone can come in and say what they will about me. I really don't care. You have your opinion and i have mine.

I would not have flashed 84 if I would have known i would be stuck. I did however stop there and not try to flash back, so my phone still works.

If it's not broke try harder.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#11 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Anytime you flash you are risking a brick. If bricking your device is enough for you to blame this site then you should probably move on and most people here will not care if you do. I was lucky enough not to flash this leak, but you better believe if arcane or another well know releases a leak I'll be flashing away because i realize that as soon as i do it's now all on me. They didn't make me flash anything. My Android addiction did...

#12 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

lol @ android addiction

#13 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

See exactly what im talking about. I didn't brick my phone. I wasn't stupid enough to try and upgrade just to downgrade. Im not mad that my phone is f%$ked. I am simply saying everyone seems to think those that do get mad because someone lied to them then they are all wrong.

As far as taking full responsibility as a member I DO. Always have. Been doing this kind of stuff longer than most of you (no not just hacking droid) Hell I've been a tech geek for 18 yrs now.

But I guess the real moral here is even though you are told to read everything carefully, DON'T trust what those that claim they know what they are doing.

Sound about right?

I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#14 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Besides it is a rant. Doesn't matter it is what it is. Lots of ppl out major bucks for a replacement. I'm sure a bunch of warranty, and insurance claims will be in there. But hey what do i know.

#15 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Your phones aren't even bricked... The same people who you think caused this are the ones working really hard to get your phones working again.

• PillClinton likes this

#16 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thank you P3 for saying the right words.

Onto the next point. Everyone who messes with their phone is ultimately responsible for what happens. But, with that being said, I would also like to publicly come out and say that's it's bullshit that the higher ups said that this leaks was tested tested tested and then everyone bricked AND no one will take responsibility. The issues isn't that people bricked their own phones, the issue is that commoners (such as myself) look up to and trust the Devs and management of this forum and for those trusted individuals to come out and vouch for a specific flash and then cause a forum wide meltdown and REFUSE to take ANY responsibility is without a doubt the most irresponsibility taking place on this forum, beyond crack flashing. Yeah I said it. It's about owning up to screwing up and not about finger pointing or lack there of. I personally am not bricked but I feel for those who are because they foolishly trusted those who call themselves leaders but then claim 0 liability when the shit hits the fan. That's what being a leader is all about. A leader takes responsibility for his troops. When there's a scandal at a large company, the CEO gets shit canned. When there's a failure in a military drill, the commanding officer gets reprimanded, even if he wasn't even there! That's what being a leader is all about, taking responsibility for your subordinates actions when your directions are what caused the problem to begin with, otherwise, why have admin, testers, Devs and mods? Why bother if these people are so quick to point he finger and run for the door when their accountability has been jeopardized? I'm done, take this as you will. But if you can't lead..then DONT.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#17 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Your phones aren't even bricked... The same people who you think caused this are the ones working really hard to get your phones working again.

+10 on that!
I've been flashing roms since the first windows mobile phones and the best rule of thumb is:
1) Wait a couple days for all issues to be ironed out.
2) For the unexperienced, wait a week.
3) For the whiners that like to blame other people for their own mistakes and lack of experience! Do us all a favor and get an iphone and a pink hello kitty case to match!

• GeXX and crowbar3m like this

#18 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

The thing is, folks with bricks don't think these people caused this...they did cause this. Laymen trusted these people and they got burned because of negligence and nothing else. Those people should be trying to fix this because they caused it. If they had never posted this perfect leak, no one would be in this boat. They would have never "flashed this leak at their own risk" if the files were never released by the higher ups to begin with. This isn't a who came first the chicken or the egg thing...the chicken came first and it crapped out a rotten egg.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#19 rickyheferle

rickyheferle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Google+:rickyheferle

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm also bricked tried fastbooting. Step 6 fail and brick. Filed a clam with asuron and I'm getting a new razr.

#20 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

I have a better solution.. Lets just piss them off enough so that nothing else *EVER* gets posted. That will solve everyones problems :)

Worked with DrjBliss - Have fun getting root from him again. Maybe it will work here too.

I'm not even going to look at these threads anymore because it's rediculous.

Fact is, you have a $700 device in your hand. If you don't want to ruin it, then stick with stock. Mistakes happen and when they do this is the result. It's time to move on to bigger and better things :)
  • eckdawg5 and pdumont1 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users