#21 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm also bricked tried fastbooting. Step 6 fail and brick. Filed a clam with asuron and I'm getting a new razr.

Good for you Insurance Jobber, get your $6.99 worth. Lol. And the flaming begins . . . . . . . . . NOW

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#22 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have a better solution.. Lets just piss them off enough so that nothing else *EVER* gets posted. That will solve everyones problems

Worked with DrjBliss - Have fun getting root from him again. Maybe it will work here too.

I'm not even going to look at these threads anymore because it's rediculous.

Fact is, you have a $700 device in your hand. If you don't want to ruin it, then stick with stock. Mistakes happen and when they do this is the result. It's time to move on to bigger and better things

Right like the droid razr fighter f22 raptor super maxx that comes out next week and will be replaced with a jelly bean version 6 weeks later

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#23 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Laymen= Unexperienced= wait a week. It's not difficult.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#24 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sure they will get pissed off. Sure they may stop for some time, but just like a crackflasher they will never stop. It's not in there nature.

And even if they did stop the world will still go round. They may have a skill others don't, nut they are not gods.

If it's not broke try harder.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#25 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Laymen= Unexperienced= wait a week. It's not difficult.

If you're not a developer, you're a layman. If you think using ADB makes you a pro then you are in for a rude awakening if you haven't been already.

#26 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Sure they will get pissed off. Sure they may stop for some time, but just like a crackflasher they will never stop. It's not in there nature.

And even if they did stop the world will still go round. They may have a skill others don't, nut they are not gods.

Let them quit, another forum will pop up with 5 new Devs who can do the same thing. If anyone thinks that there's only 4 or 5 people in the world who know how to do this stuff, they are quite sheltered.

• dbroad2007 likes this

#27 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I`m not upset at anyone. I`m stuck on .84, but not bricked. The guys here have owned up to it and are working on it. What I do see from users here is: When people come to this site and they see a leak posted, The very first thing they look for are the words usually in Big Bold Red say "THIS IS RSD FASTBOOTABLE" which the original thread did say. When a leak thread has those words posted on it, it gives the user a sense of it being "Semi-Safe" Meaning that if they do mess something up, They can go back, which is not the case with this. The only thing I can`t figure out is, How all of the testers Razrs, 5 all together, I think, we`re able to go back, but everyone else`s can`t. Just wondering.
Posted Image

#28 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

I`m not upset at anyone. I`m stuck on .84, but not bricked. The guys here have owned up to it and are working on it. What I do see from users here is: When people come to this site and they see a leak posted, The very first thing they look for are the words usually in Big Bold Red say "THIS IS RSD FASTBOOTABLE" which the original thread did say. When a leak thread has those words posted on it, it gives the user a sense of it being "Semi-Safe" Meaning that if they do mess something up, They can go back, which is not the case with this. The only thing I can`t figure out is, How all of the testers Razrs, 5 all together, I think, we`re able to go back, but everyone else`s can`t. Just wondering.

Because, as per the thread, we the 200 users who tried this are all flukes, anomolies, and the (5ish) testers had 0 issues. Doesn't that make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy?

#29 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

What really makes it bad IMO is the last two days the front page still shows arcanexvi's post about the new leak. Sure the files have berm pulled, but it seems that a new topic warning people not to update and if you have don't do anything to it including rsd or fastboot back.

I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#30 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Because, as per the thread, we the 200 users who tried this are all flukes, anomolies, and the (5ish) testers had 0 issues. Doesn't that make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy?

It`s simply not possible.
Posted Image

#31 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

What really makes it bad IMO is the last two days the front page still shows arcanexvi's post about the new leak. Sure the files have berm pulled, but it seems that a new topic warning people not to update and if you have don't do anything to it including rsd or fastboot back.

The main page should be avoiding the update like the plague and pointing people to the 3 or 4 threads showing people how to fix this mess, or at least trying. But how would that look to the news outlets, blogs and such that have credited Droidrzr for the leaks release already? This problem extends WAY beyond this forum. Google "ICS Razr" and all you'll find is news and blog posts crediting Droidrzr for releasing the latest and greatest and very few of these articles show the ugly truth behind this release. But publicity is apparently more important. And everyone back backup this forum all they want but until the main page reflects just he bad the actual situation I, it's hard to think otherwise. As per the leaks original thread, this forum has already lost a financial supporter because the forum executives haven't changed the main page/leak thread to pointing people to help ratter than to he to install the leak.

• DarkOverDroid likes this

#32 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yea, I think the thread should be pulled, and a new thread put up displaying info on what to do if this has happened to you.
Posted Image

#33 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well the warnings are out there. And if people are dumb enough to locate the leak and load it (ignoring repeated warnings), then it's their fault if they break it.

The thing about leaks is that their discovery and use is usually pretty lightning fast - The files are pulled for a reason - it's not safe to use. Leaks usually happen so quickly that reliance on old methods to "Back out" of a leak is usually the common thing. This particular leak undermined that completely. Seeing as it's so new (AND unofficial), finding a fix for it will take time.

I'd rather have the information that a leak is out there, but is unsafe rather than not know about the leak at all.

Point is - if you're stupid enough to locate the leak and do it yourself knowing there's no way back out yet - You should count yourself lucky if you come out with desired results. But the warnings clearly state that it's a huge possibility that won't happen.

Secondly - News and Information is what this site is about (not JUST a list of software for you to install / crackflash). And the fact that there's a new and dangerous leak out there IS NEWS and IS INFORMATION, therefore being relevant and not necessary to pull the thread.

#34 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I think its time to stop placing blame and start supporting the way to fix it.. hey Arcane had testers.. Testers did say that everything worked yay.. however even some testers (to my knowledge) get bricked and then looked to place blame.. ITS NO ONES FAULT. i hear some people have been able to flash back.. most however arent.. this doesnt mean it wasnt possible it means something was different for the few.. so stop pointing fingers stop blaming stop saying it doesnt work.
As i currently see things the leaks work .. yay however you can go backwards from them.. as soon as people started seeing these posts saying my device bricked on rsd or the utility, people should have started asking questions not just to eachother but to the staff and other devs
but instead against better judgement and research most of them say let me try.. and brick.. then get mad here.. I know that we have Arcane, Matt, p3, and a few others on this site working on it. DHacker DroidTh3ory Hashcode and many others on other sites.. WE ARE ALL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS SO WE CAN HELP YOU GUYS.. now enough of this blame game and start looking towards an answer. and support these guys that put other projects aside to help you guys get your devices back in working order..
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#35 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

We've had the leak for over 24 hours. We don't post them until we've tested that they're stable and can be RSD'd etc. That's why. We were aware of the files and were testing them when you posted your thread. It wasn't anything against you.

This comes from arcane's front page post. It is about 5 pages in. Looks like someone beat them to posting it, bir didn't get any credit due to they already had the post not visible AND they dont release until it is tested.

#36 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

suck it up chia. $#!+ happens. Arc screwed up, but you play with fire with every leak and lousy rom that some "hack" cooks up in his parent's basement. 1st rule of modding your phone that you rely on and especially if you can't easily replace it: Do not flash anything on the first day. Ever.

Why that thread still even exists though is beyond me. At least edit the OP in that thread to state DANGER DANGER RUN AWAY.

#37 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'm on 6.14.75 and I'm glad I can fastboot back to .173 and already had to cause of losing root. That being said, I was a bit tempted to flash the latest leak but talked myself out of it and glad I did. Sucks that the OP along with others that hard bricked their razrs however they did assume all responsibilities for their actions/lack of fully reading/comprehending instructions. Especially for those with very little to no experience regarding rooting and flashing ROM's, don't do it till you fully understand how missing 1 crucial step will brick your phone. I'm not calling myself a seasoned rooter and such, but I do read, reread, and reread more along with asking tons of questions before moving forward. And also use a bit of common sense, if someone posts anything about doing something to your phone see at least if he/she has posted stuff in the past about ROM flashing, etc more than a handful of times. Better yet stick with the seasoned devs that have been doing these things for a long time.

Sent from my Rooted Sith powered ICS RAZR

#38 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Good news though, like P3 said YOU ARE NOT BRICKED, it can be fixed. It will just take some time.

#39 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

It will take me a week or two, but once I get my phone in, I will devote my OG RAZR to testing things EXACTLY like this...
I'm confident a resolution will be reached, but people - as with the last leak - you should really exercise restraint in installing leaks. As you all can plainly see, sometimes the results are unpredictable.

#40 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Good news though, like P3 said YOU ARE NOT BRICKED, it can be fixed .

I agree - people need to read through the post and understand that continuing and ignoring the warning kinda puts them on their own... -_- I heeded the warnings. My phone works - what a concept!

The only other option is NOT being the first with the latest and greatest moves... The site could always pull a Verizon and Moto and take almost 7 months to get user's software after it's tested and approved with an escape route and stuff like that. I just don't see that working out for DR.

People need to wise up and understand that when the post states WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE THIS MAY DO TO YOUR PHONE or THERE ARE NO FB FILES FOR THIS LEAK, Those are LITERAL red-flags, and also make the user choosing to install the software after that the person responsible for damage to their phone. You "bricked" your phone? It comes with the territory... That's why the files were pulled. It's not safe for the general public. But crackflashers are getting more and more desperate and finding files elsewhere and then blaming this site when things don't go as expected. OR not using common sense and letting people who know what they're doing test and give their stamp of approval before making the choice to install it yourself.

I could have sworn this went without saying, but people are really starting to get aggravated by things that could be avoided if you READ and COMPREHEND the entire post... Not just the fuel for your crackflasghing needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users