#41 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

OK this is what everyone wants to here. Uhhemm I was in charge of testing NOT Arcanexvi. I tested all my two devices and was OK.
Then we seen another members post and they had success too. That's when we made the thread ,already made, viable.

So hear it is ITS ALL MY FAULT MINE ALL MIME I BRICKED ALL OF YOUR PHONES AND LIED JUST TO BE COOL CAUSE I OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A LIFE. I DID IT TO RUIN YOUR WEEKEND, I DID IT TO RUIN YOUR ALARM CLOCK I DID IT TO CAUSE THERMONUCLEAR WAR WITH CHINA.

If I missed how else I DirtyDroidX did this to you. Please feel free too let me no so I can add it in.

A bunch of kids around here!

And if you think if we put up the thread and said YOU CAN NOT FASTBOOT BACK in big RED letters,that no one would flash it, your seriously living on another planet.

A person from Timbuktu could of posted something and bricked everyone's phones. This is the chance we take.

Good news though, like P3 said YOU ARE NOT BRICKED, it can be fixed .

So carry on children and continue to bash me, the staff and the DEV'S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You forgot you brought on the staff. and sorry if you were the only one to test.... i hate weekends... and trying to play catch up lol.. but even still. DDX you did us a favor by trying and its awesome you got back safely :D hopefully we can find out exactly why it worked for you and replicate this to get others back safely :D
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#42 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

You forgot you brought on the staff. and sorry if you were the only one to test.... i hate weekends... and trying to play catch up lol.. but even still. DDX you did us a favor by trying and its awesome you got back safely :D hopefully we can find out exactly why it worked for you and replicate this to get others back safely :D

Agreed. And if there's something I can do to help, I'm always here to lend a hand. ^_^

#43 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

OK this is what everyone wants to here. Uhhemm I was in charge of testing NOT Arcanexvi. I tested all my two devices and was OK.
Then we seen another members post and they had success too. That's when we made the thread ,already made, viable.

So hear it is ITS ALL MY FAULT MINE ALL MIME I BRICKED ALL OF YOUR PHONES AND LIED JUST TO BE COOL CAUSE I OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A LIFE. I DID IT TO RUIN YOUR WEEKEND, I DID IT TO RUIN YOUR ALARM CLOCK I DID IT TO CAUSE THERMONUCLEAR WAR WITH CHINA.

If I missed how else I DirtyDroidX did this to you. Please feel free too let me no so I can add it in.

A bunch of kids around here!

And if you think if we put up the thread and said YOU CAN NOT FASTBOOT BACK in big RED letters,that no one would flash it, your seriously living on another planet.

A person from Timbuktu could of posted something and bricked everyone's phones. This is the chance we take.

Good news though, like P3 said YOU ARE NOT BRICKED, it can be fixed .

So carry on children and continue to bash me, the staff and the DEV'S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I know that they will flash it anyway. Thay is why I said CHANGE THE FRONT PAGE! People are still filtering in trying to get the leak. If it isn't staring them in the face then they are less likely to go looking for it.

Take a moment and try to remember when you was a noob. You can't honestly tell me you seen a rom post and said well they say it's ok, but I don't believe they know what they are doind.
And if that is the kind of faith the devs are looking for hey I'm down with that

If it's not broke try harder.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#44 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

We post in giant red letters at the top of every release (ESPECIALLY LEAKS) the risks associated with flashing anything not signed by Motorola. If anyone decides to take their phones software into their own hands they need to be responsible for the potential consequences.

This leak should not have been released, granted. But that does not change the fact that (for some reason that completely baffles me) people ignore the giant, in-your-face warnings in every thread and then blame the people that spend the time trying to make your Android experience better.

And now I'm sure a bunch of people are going to lie, cheat, and steal their way into a new phone via warranty. Driving phone prices up that much more, and ensuring that bootloaders are never unlocked in the future.

/endrant

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

:-D :-D

#45 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm not going to blame anyone else but myself for flashing this update, i'm not bricked (i didn't try to roll back) and i'm going to keep it that way. I am a bit pissed that i'm stuck on this and I'm praying like hell that the release ICS update has the same CDT. That being said, not sure based on my understanding of how this works, how anyone reverted back unless they had a Razr with an unlocked bootloader. I'm not sure if it actually was tested, but that's a moot point at this time because there are thousands of phones on this update no doubt. If it worked for anyone it should work for EVERYONE unless they had already messed something else up. I think that is the source of a lot of people's anger over this, but I am sure that a fix will be found in time.

BTW: Server time is off by about 15 minutes :P

#46 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

We post in giant red letters at the top of every release (ESPECIALLY LEAKS) the risks associated with flashing anything not signed by Motorola. If anyone decides to take their phones software into their own hands they need to be responsible for the potential consequences.

This leak should not have been released, granted. But that does not change the fact that (for some reason that completely baffles me) people ignore the giant, in-your-face warnings in every thread and then blame the people that spend the time trying to make your Android experience better.

And now I'm sure a bunch of people are going to lie, cheat, and steal their way into a new phone via warranty. Driving phone prices up that much more, and ensuring that bootloaders are never unlocked in the future.

/endrant

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Oh dont forget the gigantic red text saying it was RSD/FSB flashable as well. You cant take the part you like from the leak post and dismiss the rest. Like I said I accept the responsibility because I flashed it. You mods need to accept your part in this whole mess as well. Saying the testers and Arcane had nothing to do with any of this is ridiculous. Plus to top it off on chat he stated very clearly that he didnt want to invest the time to fix the issue because he didnt feel like taking the time to fix it. I believe his quote was something like he didnt wanna invest the 5 hours of his time to look into it. Unbelievable! I think most will just warranty replace there devices and get new one and move on from this.

#47 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Oh dont forget the gigantic red text saying it was RSD/FSB flashable as well. You cant take the part you like from the leak post and dismiss the rest. Like I said I accept the responsibility because I flashed it. You mods need to accept your part in this whole mess as well. Saying the testers and Arcane had nothing to do with any of this is ridiculous. Plus to top it off on chat he stated very clearly that he didnt want to invest the time to fix the issue because he didnt feel like taking the time to fix it. I believe his quote was something like he didnt wanna invest the 5 hours of his time to look into it. Unbelievable! I think most will just warranty replace there devices and get new one and move on from this.

I would hope that he didn`t say something like that in chat. If that`s the truth (I`m not saying it is) Then I think I`ll be leaving and I sure others would feel the same.
Posted Image

#48 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

So he was wrong, that doesn't change the fact that it is YOUR responsibility to know what you are doing to your phone and take responsibility for the consequences. What make you think that Arcane even could fix it? Do you know exactly how near impossible that would be?

If you choose to LIE to Motorola about what happened to your device that makes you a thief, plain and simple. People lying to get new phones is the sole reason bootloaders are locked and phones are so expensive.

We have had this argument many time internally regarding what exactly our jobs are here as staff. There are many of us that feel it is our job to not have things posted here that could cause harm, and those who feel it is our job to make everything available and jut make sure people know of the risks.

The phone WAS tested on multiple devices and the RSD issue was not seen in those devices. My best guess would be that you had something other than stock, but I have not even looked at the leak so I have no idea.

The point is, it is up to every individual person to research, understand, and take ownership of any changes they may make to their device. Like we post in EVERY SINGLE RELEASE, it is not our responsibility if you brick your phone. It is yours, and it certainly isn't the warranty department from Verizon's responsibility.

#49 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Even though it is my opinion that this leak should not have been released until it had been played with for at least a week, I still stand behind Arcane. He spend hours upon hours of his time working to make your Android experience better than the near-garbage Moto offers to you.

The past X times he released/modded/tested something that you spent countless hours enjoying, did you thank him with a thread like this? Be honest, did you even think about all the time that he puts in to stuff like this?

If it wasn't for people like Arcane, this community would be just like the Apple community. Think about that.

I am not going to post about this anymore, my opinion has been heard and anything more is going to get misconstrued as aggressive, etc. I hope everyone gets their phones back in order.
  • milkshed27 likes this

#50 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

And guess what, anyone who "dodged the bullet on this one and will have to pay more money for phones in the future because of insurance/warrantee claims" has no one else but the management, leaders and testers who claimed, in "big red bold font" that his leak was indeed "RSD/Fastbootable"

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#51 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I was on pure .181. Bone stock. You had to be to load it. I also disagree on the whole insurance/Phone prices/Locked bootloader argument. I`ve been in the community since the beginning of Android. The flashing community only counts as a small percentage of the whole Android community. Meaning, there are a whole bunch of people out there who couldn`t care less about what we do, they just want a nice phone, and they out number us. So I take offense to us being the cause of high prices. That`s simply not the case.
Posted Image

#52 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Even though it is my opinion that this leak should not have been released until it had been played with for at least a week, I still stand behind Arcane. He spend hours upon hours of his time working to make your Android experience better than the near-garbage Moto offers to you.

The past X times he released/modded/tested something that you spent countless hours enjoying, did you thank him with a thread like this? Be honest, did you even think about all the time that he puts in to stuff like this?

If it wasn't for people like Arcane, this community would be just like the Apple community. Think about that.

At least those people have phones and not paper weights. Wake up man. It's everyone's fault for TRUSTING this release and it was not their negligence for having bricks...it was the OP. And still to this moment, that thread exists, on the front page. C'mon man, seriously? Still with pulling the disclaimer card?

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#53 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

So he was wrong, that doesn't change the fact that it is YOUR responsibility to know what you are doing to your phone and take responsibility for the consequences. What make you think that Arcane even could fix it? Do you know exactly how near impossible that would be?

If you choose to LIE to Motorola about what happened to your device that makes you a thief, plain and simple. People lying to get new phones is the sole reason bootloaders are locked and phones are so expensive.

We have had this argument many time internally regarding what exactly our jobs are here as staff. There are many of us that feel it is our job to not have things posted here that could cause harm, and those who feel it is our job to make everything available and jut make sure people know of the risks.

The point is, it is up to every individual person to research, understand, and take ownership of any changes they may make to their device. Like we post in EVERY SINGLE RELEASE, it is not our responsibility if you brick your phone. It is yours, and it certainly isn't the warranty department from Verizon's responsibility.

So here lies the problem. We research it based on what was posted. It clearly stated that we could rsd back.

So this tells us that even if we put our good faith in the devs they still really don't know jack $#!+! At least that is what the lame rear end research it, but if we say it's ok and it f%$ks up your phone it is all on you.

It's not like anyone is saying it is all on the devs. What the really want is to hear that when a mistake is made like this that they are not the only ones that are at fault.

Don't forget most of these ppl depend on that phone that is now bricked. They don't have the pleasure of getting donations so they can buy a phone just to screw up and try to fix.

I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#54 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

The OP was re written to say it is not able to be RSD flashed anymore and the files were pulled. Not sure when that happen but thankfully they have been. I have thanked Arcan and others like him many times. I also support this website and many others in the past that I felt furthered development of these devices. I understand he spends many hours developing and testing these things. I do understand that without him and others like him our devices would have little support and development. What I dont understand is the lack of an apology from his standpoint and the others involved in testing and posting that this was indeed able to be flashed back RSD or FSB style. I also dont understand why someone else that is in my opinion not to blame for this is now talking about quitting and selling his device. Someone that is very helpful to this site and many others here. SPC Hicks please dont leave. Your support is a needed resource to others. This is a bad deal for some of us, but it will get fixed eventually I hope. Maybe after the official ICS releases can the correct files be obtained to fix this mess. Then again maybe it will never get fixed. Who knows. If nothing else maybe people might take better care not to flash things right away or do more testing prior to posting. If I didnt brick like many others did, then others wouldnt of known. Future flashers got warned by my mistake. So, in every release someone has to bite the bullet and try it or no one would know if it was safe to use. I think I am done posting about this as well.

#55 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

The OP was re written to say it is not able to be RSD flashed anymore and the files were pulled. Not sure when that happen but thankfully they have been. I have thanked Arcan and others like him many times. I also support this website and many others in the past that I felt furthered development of these devices. I understand he spends many hours developing and testing these things. I do understand that without him and others like him our devices would have little support and development. What I dont understand is the lack of an apology from his standpoint and the others involved in testing and posting that this was indeed able to be flashed back RSD or FSB style. I also dont understand why someone else that is in my opinion not to blame for this is now talking about quitting and selling his device. Someone that is very helpful to this site and many others here. SPC Hicks please dont leave. Your support is a needed resource to others. This is a bad deal for some of us, but it will get fixed eventually I hope. Maybe after the official ICS releases can the correct files be obtained to fix this mess. Then again maybe it will never get fixed. Who knows. If nothing else maybe people might take better care not to flash things right away or do more testing prior to posting. If I didnt brick like many others did, then others wouldnt of known. Future flashers got warned by my mistake. So, in every release someone has to bite the bullet and try it or no one would know if it was safe to use. I think I am done posting about this as well.

I agree with you. I also try to support the devs, donate to those I use there stuff. I don't want any of them to quit either, but at the same time they should take a step back and remember what it is like to be looking to the devs for guidance, and support.

I wish I could say I was done with this discussion, but as long as it seems that the top level of players think they can do no wrong then I will probably complain.

Hope this doesn't offend the devs, but if it does then maybe you need to take a moment and ask yourself why you got offended.

#56 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Okay guys I think we all need to step back and take a look at this from both sides.

The Dev's almost ALWAYS post disclaimers about how they are not responsible. By downloading the files they post and following the instructions WE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE FLASHED THIS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR PHONES. It is not their responsibility to do ANYTHING ABOUT OUR BRICKED PHONES.

I know this does suck but honestly guys, do you think they just post the warnings for $#!+s and giggles? BUT this does not mean that they should not help us and give support as this is what this site is about, isn't it?

However, I do believe that the mods should atleast remove all posts about the new ics release and take down all instructions on how to install them, as people can still access the files from other sources/sites.

With all legality aside, I still can't believe that little to no Moderators have apologized. I mean really? Even if you think it wasn't your fault you guys are the people held responsible for this site and should be working 24/7 on how to bring back the honor and fix all of these people's phones. What's a company with no happy customers? A $#!+hole, which is what this site has become.

Moderators, this is YOUR SITE, FIX IT!

end rant.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#57 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

The only thing I can`t figure out is, How all of the testers Razrs, 5 all together, I think, we`re able to go back, but everyone else`s can`t. Just wondering.

Puzzling since everyone started off stock .181 rooted yeah. xD Well, maybe not "everyone" but if they didn't I'm not sure how they got it to install in the first place. I know I was bone stock, all bloatware, no bootstrap/safestrap, rooted .181.

One poster on Rootz claimed to be able to revert but since that post they haven't responded to repeated queries as to just exactly what they did.

Some good points made on both sides here. I don't agree with the 'this is WHY we have locked bootloaders' assertion. Having a locked BL only makes things more dangerous. JMHO. Especially when they get tweaked to prevent reversion. Look at the DX and D2G recently. Allthou interestingly enough someone figured out how to downgrade the D2G. There is a post on Rootz about that. Might be worth taking a look at that.

Peace...

ETA: There has to be someone here, or someone who knows someone with contacts at Moto that can reach out unoffically to help get this situation 'unassed'

#58 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

What I dont understand is the lack of an apology from his standpoint and the others involved in testing and posting that this was indeed able to be flashed back RSD or FSB style.

Everyone involved has apologized and admitted to mistakes. What do you want? A personal apology?

My only issue is worth the one person who claims that fastboot worked fine on the 4 or 5 devices he tested. Somehow her just happened to have the only 5 devices that this worked on.....Lucky guy. Despite his insistence that he did test it, it is far more likely that he jumped the gun and did not test it and it's not about to admit it now.

Oh well, we are all adults and regardless what happened, if we root and modify our phone, we are responsible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#59 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

[/font][/color]

Puzzling since everyone started off stock .181 rooted yeah. xD Well, maybe not "everyone" but if they didn't I'm not sure how they got it to install in the first place.

One posted on Rootz claimed to be able to revert but since that post they haven't responded to repeated queries as to just exactly what they did.

Some good points made on both sides here.

Peace...

ETA: There has to be someone here, or someone who knows someone with contacts at Moto that can reach out unoffically to help get this situation 'unassed'

Honestly, not sure if anyone at Moto can help. Wouldn't be surprised if Motorola is deliberately building the ota so that the phone can not be fastbooted back.

• nailbomb3 likes this

#60 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Honestly, not sure if anyone at Moto can help. Wouldn't be surprised if Motorola is deliberately building the ota so that the phone can not be fastbooted back.

Probably. I don't care about reverting back thou. Just the upgrade path. Hopefully it will get sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users