#101 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Nothing I can really add other then I agree with arcanexvi.

#102 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

this is the first time I have heard the apology and I thank you for taking the time to do it. I appreciate that. I also appreciate all the stuff you do for our devices. I think this thread has run its course and should be closed. I actually regret even starting it at all to be honest. I didnt think it would get out of hand like it did and I apologize myself for starting it and for some of the things I said out of anger. I just hope we can all move on and improve from here.

#103 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

I did apologize for the obvious issue. It's all I can offer you other than continuing to search for a fix. I'm not going to sit here and apologize over and over again. Accept it or not it was an error in my judgement to trust feedback other than my own. I'm working on it. It's unfortunate that our testers either had different luck than the primary user base for some reason or something else. Regardless, I trusted their feedback. I'm stuck on .84 myself with the rest of you until we find a way around it so don't think I'm content to just chill and blame the user base. I NEVER came out and said that it's your fault for flashing it but I do expect you to be civil which it has been quite the opposite. I absolutely feel partly responsible because I'm the one that posted it. However, my posting it was based on the input of testers and even users in our forum who tried to post their own threads on how to install it before we approved it. Their own threads stated that it was RSDable. Will I post another leak without personally testing it myself from home rather than trusting others while I was at work and posting it from there? No, probably not. Believe me, I was infuriated as much as many of you were. I've moved on. I'm trying to find a solution. The end. This is the last time that I will respond to flames fired in my direction over this. I've learned my lesson from this which is slightly different than your own. These are the realities of being a crack-flasher. Enjoy your evening. I'm going to get back to working on a solution now.

My posts weren't aimed at you (or flaming anyone - sorry if it came off that way, just wanted to be a peacemaker of sorts). I know you've apologized a million times but there's plenty of people on the droidrzr team that have blamed the users for flashing it, which is the primary focus of that part of my post. I don't mean to fire any more bullets your way, I know you're getting a lot to begin with, & like I said in the post, it's not your fault. Thank you for the apologies though.
  • nailbomb3 likes this

#104 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

this is the first time I have heard the apology and I thank you for taking the time to do it. I appreciate that. I also appreciate all the stuff you do for our devices. I think this thread has run its course and should be closed. I actually regret even starting it at all to be honest. I didnt think it would get out of hand like it did and I apologize myself for starting it and for some of the things I said out of anger. I just hope we can all move on and improve from here.

He did appologize and accept partial blame in an earlier post and no I am not going to search the forums for it. My guess is that people were too upset at the time to acknowledge it. I do not know why you all keep this going like this. Its done and over with and time to move on.

#105 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

....you rang?
  • etrorteepe, The Kid, DarkOverDroid and 2 others like this
Posted Image

#106 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Life is about making choices and using good judgement. If you can't afford to pay for a new phone or be without a working phone for a few days, what the heck are you doing here? It doesn't matter who's at fault, anytime you start screwing with your phone, there's a reasonable possibility you might brick it. So, man up and assume responsibility for your own decisions and actions.

#107 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

I did apologize for the obvious issue. It's all I can offer you other than continuing to search for a fix. I'm not going to sit here and apologize over and over again. Accept it or not it was an error in my judgement to trust feedback other than my own. I'm working on it. It's unfortunate that our testers either had different luck than the primary user base for some reason or something else. Regardless, I trusted their feedback. I'm stuck on .84 myself with the rest of you until we find a way around it so don't think I'm content to just chill and blame the user base. I NEVER came out and said that it's your fault for flashing it but I do expect you to be civil which it has been quite the opposite. I absolutely feel partly responsible because I'm the one that posted it. However, my posting it was based on the input of testers and even users in our forum who tried to post their own threads on how to install it before we approved it. Their own threads stated that it was RSDable. Will I post another leak without personally testing it myself from home rather than trusting others while I was at work and posting it from there? No, probably not. Believe me, I was infuriated as much as many of you were. I've moved on. I'm trying to find a solution. The end. This is the last time that I will respond to flames fired in my direction over this. I've learned my lesson from this which is slightly different than your own. These are the realities of being a crack-flasher. Enjoy your evening. I'm going to get back to working on a solution now.

Thank you sir!

#108 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

Not trying to rekindle a fight, I'm going to lay both grounds out and hopefully we can reach a common ground here.

Let me start by upfront saying I think that the sides that are being played are BOTH wrong. However, I especially do not agree with the positions that the site's staff are taking. I respect every developer here and every cheese-caker (seriously? censored?) and every poster and every thread posted, but this is some bull.

On the part of the staff - you simply cannot say "well, you took that chance when you flashed the leak. this is your fault." It's not just our fault. This is a huge disaster for everyone. It is VERY detrimental not only to the community but to the site's reputation. To make a thread with two statements and then hide behind one of them to save your asses looks really bad in all honesty. The OP clearly said "this IS fastbootable" and it also said "DroidRZR is not responsible for any damage done to your device". I've read too many posts by staff members that do this - you CANNOT hide behind the latter and pretend like the first statement never happened - it's a lie, accidental or not, plastered on a stickied news thread that's been read thousands of times before being edited. It's misleading. Even if you disagree - I think a bit of humoring would go a long way here. A simple statement saying "we apologize for misleading, it was not done purposely, or with foul intentions," would calm the storm a lot. I understand covering for arcane because he's a bud - but it's not even arcane's fault. It is the fault of the people that told him it was fastbootable when it was not and/or the lack of further testing.

And as for the other side of the argument - realize that this is not any one person's fault. It is your fault for jumping into this hastily, it is the testers' faults for not testing RSD more intensively, it is Moto's fault for screwing us over. Don't get mad at arcane - he's just the messenger. Don't get mad at any one person. Realize that the people who "got you into this," that you're pointing fingers at, are the only people who can get you out. Is it really in your best interest to continue pointing fingers days and days after the fact? I understand your pain, I am one of you, but this is ridiculous. We don't need a $#!+storm on top of the mess we're already in. Work with the devs, test things for them, cheer them on, start a pot... Do something beneficial instead of wasting your time and making the chances of getting our phones back on the path lessen. Okay?

Now can we grow up and move on from this, and do something productive?

I think this is the best summation of the whole situation I have seen, especially when it comes to being even and level headed about it. Thank you sir!

In a strange way I have to kind of laugh about what happened to ME because LITERALLY it wasn't 5 minutes after I had it up and running that the very first reports came in that it took us off path. Literally, five minutes. Story of my life LMAO! I was in the chat room and I don't think anyone had even posted to the thread at the point.

I'm the kinda of dude that could get struck by lightning 3x in a year thou so..YMMV xD

Better than having my old lady throw a full beer bottle at my head tonight. Well, ex-old lady now ;) So yeah, I gots 99 problems and my phone ain't one....at least not for the moment.....lol......

#109 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Lmao!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#110 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

I'd like to take a quick second to clear up any confusion or misconception that anyone may have about me. I am not blaming any one single person. That's exactly all I'm trying to say. My point is that EVERYONE is responsible. I never said it's not the flashers fault also. I said the fact that there was no public acknowledgment on the sites behalf owning up to the mistake that they made as a whole is a problem. Not you directly Arcane, but there have been a handful of staff members coming right out and saying the only one person to blame is the end user, and in most cases, that would be true. But in this situation it's not the flashers fault alone because of the misdirection in the OP and the errors that took place leading up to the OP. People don't need a public apology, they need a public acknowledgment that they're not alone in this situation. Not just the handful of people reading this thread, but also the hundreds of people who have bricked and are now searching all over the internet trying to find out how to fix it. And the sad part is when you Google "Droid Razr new ICS leak"Just like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

you end up with a million news articles and blogs giving credit to this forum for it's release and still no warning about the damage it may cause because this main page now shows zero information on the leak or what it could cause. People get no answers. All they find is a bunch of people pointing fingers and not coming together to work it out. I don't know. I understand some people's argument that it's the end users responsibility what happens to their device, and 99% of the time when the end user ends up with a brick it's because they didn't follow the directions in the OP. The issue with this situation is that people did follow the OP's directions, and that's what caused most of the problems. How that still excludes all liability, I still don't understand, and guess I never will.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#111 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

could a MOD please close this thread...thank you
  • The Kid likes this

#112 P3Droid

P3Droid

Android Legend/ Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:P3Droid

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

could a MOD please close this thread...thank you

This thread has another 19 hours until I close it, Its on the clock remember.
  • The Kid likes this

#113 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I read your OP up until the point you said "I assumed..."

didn't have to read anything after that....

Maxx
  • leviwg likes this
maxx

#114 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I personally blame everybody but myself.

/thread

#115 chefed24

chefed24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:@EdSadler
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

/thread

I personally give everyone a pass and blame uberbdon
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#116 odeveca30

odeveca30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:eli_ace

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

All I have to say is that personally my overall experience with this forum and the devs has always been a delightful one. Ive bricked my razr several times mostly because of negligence and the devs, and guides on here have saved my phone on countless ocassions. So I am thankful to all the devs, mods and everyone that contributes to this site in one way or another to make it a pleasant experience for flashers such as myself. Im on .85 right now and I decided to take that leap knowing that at the moment I cant fastboot back to .181. But I have confidence that there will be a way to fastboot and get on the update path again.So thank you all for everything you do. You guys rock, and are awesome and please continue to share your talent and techinal skill with us. I know im grateful and thankful that you have been there when we needed you.

#117 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

I personally give everyone a pass and blame uberbdon
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That works

#118 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

/thread

Of course you do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users