Photo

How Do You Sync With Your Outlook Calendar?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 D_K

D_K

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Like most people with a non-company Android phone, I have been struggling with this for a couple of years now. So I want to know, for those of you that sync your work's Outlook calendar to your Google calendar, how do you do it? The following have been my experiences so far:
  • Google Calendar Sync - Complete hit or miss. Some events it will sync, some it will completely ignore.
  • Forward and auto add - Gmail seems to be able to grab invites forwarded from a redirect without a problem. But when I'm the meeting organizer I really don't like adding my personal Gmail account to the list of invitees.
  • gSyncit - Fairly good software package, but not always reliable. However, the developer has been a jerk in my emails with him. So I don't want to give him any more money.
  • Sync2 - Also a good software package, but won't sync old reoccurring events. But $40 for a license?!?! Are they nuts?!?!?
I'm really hoping that someone has found a good way to sync these calendars that works consistently but doesn't cost an insane amount. :wacko:

#2 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Adding my corporate account to the stock email client has worked for me on every android phone I've had. I just designate the default server as "outlook.mail.xxxxx." It populates into the corporate account settings every thing just seems to work. But I don't consider myself to be a power Outlook user either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 D_K

D_K

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

That is one option. I am just hesitant to hook directly into the Exchange box. My IT has a policy that roughly translates to "Go right ahead, but if we fire you, we wipe your phone!" :blink:

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

That is one option. I am just hesitant to hook directly into the Exchange box. My IT has a policy that roughly translates to "Go right ahead, but if we fire you, we wipe your phone!" :blink:

Don't get fired... It's a great option in many regards.

#5 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'm actually curious about this. I don't use outlook, but my father does, heavily for his business (he has something like 2500 contacts in his phone). I've looked at gsyncit somewhat, anyone know how well it works?

#6 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Google calendar sync works fine. If there are items it isn't syncing, check the error log. The problem is likely that you have local contacts in your outlook account that also exist on the exchange server. You need to delete the local versions in your outlook account in that case.

#7 D_K

D_K

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

I struggled with Google calendar sync for months. There was never anything that showed up in the logs. And despite my best attempts to find a pattern in what it wouldn't sync, I never could. The internet is full of people with similar complaints.

#8 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I myself have used CompanionLink for the last two years. It costed $39 or something like that. It syncs my Exchange Outlook contacts, tasks, notes, calendar to my Gmail account. This is a bidirectional sync. Any change from either source is updated to the other. It has not failed once. Then of course my iPhones and Droid phones all sync to my Gmail. The only thing is I have to leave my Outlook PC in the office on all the time.

#9 D_K

D_K

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Don't get fired... It's a great option in many regards.

Well I went with this advice and linked my phone directly to the company's Exchange box... which was almost too easy with the Razr. I have to say that no software program I've used comes close to this level of stupid simple integration. And having my tasks on the phone now is pretty sweet!! B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users