• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#41 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Let's move on.... peacefully! And if you all haven't seen it. For the moto logo to black screen... there is a possible fix! Confirmed by 2 so far... I'll be attempting tonight. It at least gets you back to booting .84

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have read that and it is good news. Thanks to those who are figuring this out.

If it's not broke try harder.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#42 eatmylag

eatmylag

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sad fact of life: the dissatisfied will always be the most vocal. Sucks that it takes something like this thread for people's appreciation to be visible over the sea of complaints, but here it is. Don't let the trolls get you down.

#43 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

People that bricked deserve to be mad, but at their self. Everybody on here was warned about pulling stuff from that app which we don't speak of, and MANY people know how many phones it has messed up like this.

So in my eyes, if they still decided to move ahead, they are the ones to blame. Everybody wants the newest stuff, but nobody made any of these people flash the leak.

#44 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

@ spc_hicks09 when the waters calm down and you are ready plz do me a favor and hit me up via PM. Few things I'd like to share with you but not public tho. I fully understand how and why you feel as you do. However with that said it is my HONEST opinion the best thing to do is NOT quit and throw the towel in. So plz take some time and reconsider this before making a final decision. There really is NO need for you to go, we want you here. Secondly stuff like this happens and for the haters so be it there will always be haters and there is nothing you can do about it. Brush is off and don't worry about it. Just go with the flow and move on. Past is the past and you can never change that so there is no pointing being worked up over it at this point.

#45 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

I beg to differ. I can't seem to find anywhere in either post any specific step to revert to .173. If the instructions were followed they would have had a functional build of ICS on their device, correct? So why revert, just to see if could be done?
How do you explain all the others who continued to flash this even after the issue was reported AND the posts were edited with new warnings? Whose instructions were they following then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It depends on when you read the thread about the leak. Now (3 days later) it says its not fastbootable but the original OP clearly stated in bright red that this was safe, tested and was RSD/Fastbootable. The 100s of people who believe that it was throughly tested all ended up with bricks (for the most part). So basically what I'm saying is, don't comment if you dont know the whole story.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#46 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Who cares, it's over, drop it, and move on. Try to help become part of the solution, that is what this place is all about.
Sitting there crowing about he said/ she said can only make you look like a fool.
  • Aixelsyd likes this

#47 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

tucstwo - People like you make people like me want to stop creating/sharing anything for this phone with this site. You should be the one to quit while you are ahead.

Any person flashing anything on their own phone should understand there is ALWAYS a risk. No matter who says there is not. If you are unwilling to accept the negative possible consequence of that risk then leave it stock. Period.
If someone puts something up that unintentionally bricks your phone, so be it. No one is perfect. All of us Devs/Mods/Admins here are doing this stuff on our own time, for free as a hobby. That is something everyone needs to understand. I personally have not made/collected one dollar for any of my work. I don't want it, nor would I expect it.

So the next time someone feels like ragging on those of us who are giving you this stuff FOR FREE, out of the goodness of our hearts, just accept it and shut your yap.

You're missing the point. No one (most) people understand that no one forced them to do anything and that it's the end user who takes ultimate responsibility for what happens to their devices. With that being said, the reason so many people are pissed off is because they were misled. And not because of a mistake, but because of gross negligence. And then to make matters worse, those certain few people did a complete 180 and went with the "well it's your fault for flashing it and I tested it 5 times, the fluke must be all you 250 people with bricks and not me" It's arrogance like that which has caused the uproar. If you (not you personally) want to be a leader and have people look up to you then you too need to hold responsibility when something goes wrong. When I was an officer in the Marines, I had plenty of situations where my troops would do some dumb ass shit and get themselves in trouble. Sure, I'd make them run in the rain at 5 am for an extra half hour but guess who actually got their ass really handed to them? ME! Do you want to know why? Because those were my men and I am ultimately responsible for their actions when it is me giving the orders (or lack there of). If you want to pose yourself as an administrator, leader, moderator then you need to understand that there are people who trust and look up to you. When they make statements like "this and that is safe, myself and other leader tested it" and then their people get screwed up phones. In the real world, outside the internet, those people would most likely be the first to be asked to step down. Just like in big business, when a group of middle management get caught embezzling money and blowing it on hookers and blow, who do you think is the FIRST person to get shit canned? The CEO. Do you know why that is? Because he's their leader. Think about all of this.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#48 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

You are 100% in the right tucstwo. This has been handled poorly and admins/mods should act as such. After an argument with another mod, prior to this event, I stopped posting here, out of disgust. I came back only for downloads, but I'm done here now. Mods and admins are only looking for recognition, instead of caring about the users.

The members here are great, but its too bad they just got $#!+ on by the same people they respected.

#49 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Google+:bwatkins232@gmail.com
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

You're missing the point. No one (most) people understand that no one forced them to do anything and that it's the end user who takes ultimate responsibility for what happens to their devices. With that being said, the reason so many people are pissed off is because they were misled. And not because of a mistake, but because of gross negligence. And then to make matters worse, those certain few people did a complete 180 and went with the "well it's your fault for flashing it and I tested it 5 times, the fluke must be all you 250 people with bricks and not me" It's arrogance like that which has caused the uproar. If you (not you personally) want to be a leader and have people look up to you then you too need to hold responsibility when something goes wrong. When I was an officer in the Marines, I had plenty of situations where my troops would do some dumb rear end $#!+ and get themselves in trouble. Sure, I'd make them run in the rain at 5 am for an extra half hour but guess who actually got their rear end really handed to them? ME! Do you want to know why? Because those were my men and I am ultimately responsible for their actions when it is me giving the orders (or lack there of). If you want to pose yourself as an administrator, leader, moderator then you need to understand that there are people who trust and look up to you. When they make statements like "this and that is safe, myself and other leader tested it" and then their people get screwed up phones. In the real world, outside the internet, those people would most likely be the first to be asked to step down. Just like in big business, when a group of middle management get caught embezzling money and blowing it on hookers and blow, who do you think is the FIRST person to get $#!+ canned? The CEO. Do you know why that is? Because he's their leader. Think about all of this.

Brother I understand you trying to compare this community to the military and if something bad happens they are to blame well you are wrong nobody ordered anybody to put this stuff on the phone and anybody with common sense knows that it is usually better to wait and see if there are any problems, and to be honest when I seen the op on the new leak I was out eating and when I got home a few short hours later is when I seen people were having problems well in every op I have ever seen there is always a warning regardless who or how many times something has been tested yet we still choose to use it does that make it the persons fault if something goes wrong NO you chose to do it now suck it up. If you told your guys to clear a house and something bad happens is that your fault NO it is just the nature of the beast so suck it up and embrace the suck

#50 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Just like in big business, when a group of middle management get caught embezzling money and blowing it on hookers and blow, who do you think is the FIRST person to get $#!+ canned? The CEO. Do you know why that is? Because he's their leader. Think about all of this.

Why do so many people compare flashing a leaked rom on a phone to running a business? And the CEO getting canned when somebody in middle management embezzled money? Really? Doesn't the embezzler have to take any responsibility? If I steal computer equipment from my office and sell it on ebay, why would my boss get fired? he didn't do it, I did. Same goes for your example of the Marines - being an officer in the miltary is a little different than installing a rom on a phone.
This thing of being misled and lied too blah blah...........let it go already. I left work Friday, ran home and installed the new leak, and then Saturday read about all the RSD issues, so I'm stuck on .84. Am I pissed at the devs or mods? nope. I'm not expecting any explanation of apology. I'm just going to suck it up and wait for a solution.......

#51 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Why do so many people compare flashing a leaked rom on a phone to running a business? And the CEO getting canned when somebody in middle management embezzled money? Really? Doesn't the embezzler have to take any responsibility? If I steal computer equipment from my office and sell it on ebay, why would my boss get fired? he didn't do it, I did. Same goes for your example of the Marines - being an officer in the miltary is a little different than installing a rom on a phone.
This thing of being misled and lied too blah blah...........let it go already. I left work Friday, ran home and installed the new leak, and then Saturday read about all the RSD issues, so I'm stuck on .84. Am I pissed at the devs or mods? nope. I'm not expecting any explanation of apology. I'm just going to suck it up and wait for a solution.......

Right but what does that say to the 100s of people with paper weights? How old are you? Do you watch the news or anything? You've never heard of CEO's being let go because bad things happening that he had no control over? Did the CEO of BP oil set a fire on the Horizon oil rig? Was it his fault there was a huge oil spill? Was he even in the country when it happened? Where is he now? I dont know if you follow football but what about Sean Peyton from the New Orleans Saints? Many people believe he was completely unaware that his defensive coordinator was paying players to hurt guys on the other team. Guess what, he's gonna spend next season at home, unpaid. Why? Because he is the leader and ultimately responsible for what goes on in his organization.

It has nothing to do with flashing phones, it has to do with members of this board feeling burned by the admins who should be accountable for what goes on on this forum.

#52 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Come on now folks enough of this already its not what this thread was started about. There was an issue and yes maybe things were not handled as they should have been from the get go. However things happen and it is what it is at this point. Fuming over it for days on end will NOT get us anywhere or get us any closer to a fix for the problem. And to compare this situation to business or military stuff is a little bit over the top imho. It is not anything like that what so ever. People need to keep in mind this is NOT a day job for anyone. We all do this stuff on the side as a hobby, and yeah something was posted during the day when ppl were on the go that obviously shouldn't been. But to sit here and try to make it seem like anyone purposely did this or tried to mislead people is out right HOGWASH. I know for certain this was test by a fellow memebers on the site WITHOUT issue fastbooting back to the older build. However many others as we can see have had an issue. Point being it is what it is and we ALL take risks when messing with ANYTHING that is no official. And even then its not perfect. As I commented in the leaked thread the other day that so many over look is OFFICIAL builds that were pushed OTA by VZW/Moto that actually bricked devices. That in of itself goes to show for ALL the testing in the world does NOT mean there will not be issues for some group of ppl.

#53 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I want to take this time to tell everyone I'm sorry for everything that happened with this new leak. I could have swore that in my original OP that I only said fastboot "should" be possible.

I guess I was wrong. So let me just personally say that I am sorry if I caused damage to your phone. As some of you from the chat room know, I am leaving these forums to make sure this doesn't happen again. I will also be selling my RAZR (not bricked) and will have no reason to even be on these forums anymore. To those I talked to on a regular basis, I hope we can stay in touch. To everyone that sent me emails about how much you hate me and hope bad things happen to me, again I am sorry.

If I had the money to buy you guys a new phone I would.

Anyway, I hope everything gets fixed for you guys. I personally want to apologize to 2 main people:

Arcanexvi and DirtyDroidX. I'm sorry and didn't intend for any of this to happen.

Bro I'm not mad at you or hate you. You don't have to apologize to me. If you want to apologize to the community that's fine. This is the nature of hacking and this will not be the last time something like this happens, lol believe me. Don't let this get you down. Everything will be alright soon.

Ppl choose what they want to do and know what there doing. Bottom line.
  • ralphie0108 and Razrburn like this

#54 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Bro I'm not mad at you or hate you. You don't have to apologize to me. If you want to apologize to the community that's fine. This is the nature of hacking and this will not be the last time something like this happens, lol believe me. Don't let this get you down. Everything will be alright soon.

Ppl choose what they want to do and know what there doing. Bottom line.

This. I'm new here so I'm probably the last voice of reason...but its done and over with. No one really is at fault. If the instructions worked for 1000 phones, theres going to be one that doesn't work.

Its time now for everyone to focus there time and effort to be part of the solution, and leave the finger pointing at the door. Learn from what has happened and move on. I hope no one leaves over this. I put more trust here, than some company that's only after the bottom dollar.

Just my $.02

• ralphie0108 likes this

#55 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

I, myself have always had a backup phone just in case something like this happens. It's my fault, it'll be fixed soon enough. Just gonna rock .84 until I get a heads up on a fix or figure it out myself. :) Rule of thumb as a crackflasher, always have a backup! Everything will be alright SPC, stay an chill brother.
  • Aixelsyd likes this
Posted Image

#56 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Did the CEO of BP oil set a fire on the Horizon oil rig? Was it his fault there was a huge oil spill? Was he even in the country when it happened? Where is he now? You also realize he voluntarily stepped down so he didn't have to deal with the media day in and day out. With him stepping down he also was compensated $17 million in a severance package. So to answer your question "Where is he now?" he's probably retired, on a warm island, enjoying his millions he made. I dont know if you follow football but what about Sean Peyton from the New Orleans Saints? You're naive if you don't think he knew about it. Guess what, he's gonna spend next season at home, unpaid Actually he is forfeiting $5.8mill of his $7.1 mill salary (he's suspended for 10 of the 12 months his salary includes) so he's also getting paid to sit on his rear end for a year. Because he is the leader and ultimately responsible for what goes on in his organization. So should Mike Tomlin have deserved to get fined for James Harrison's countless "illegal" hits? How about Obama? Should he step down because some soldiers took pictures of themselves with blown up Afghanis?

It has nothing to do with flashing phones, it has to do with members of this board feeling burned by the admins who should be accountable for what goes on on this forum. Yeah I'm pretty sure there won't be any accountability taken considering 1) they sneak into Moto's servers to get this and 2) aren't receiving compensation for it. I completely understand where you're coming from BUT what are you gaining from crying like a little beotch? You didn't pay for this leak, the devs aren't getting paid to give it to you (donations don't count), so suck it up, try the unbrick method, and get over it.

• joeyx2 likes this

#57 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hope you don't leave for good hicks...don't let them get to you.

#58 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Everyone is under a factory warranty. So, there is no need to self destruct.

Actually when you play this game you void your warranty. I know the community doesn't like warranty fraud so be careful with that...

#59 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think everyone has got their two cents in, so if this thread can't stay civil it will be locked.

As far as the warranty goes, you absolutely void your warranty the second you root your phone let alone flash unsigned software. Making a claim against your warranty is thievery as you will have to lie to actually get a new phone. But this topic has been beat to death so I'll leave it at that.

Hicks you've seen what the majority of the site thinks, and I hope you keep that in mind.
  • eckdawg5 likes this

:-D :-D

#60 littlewing745

littlewing745

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

I haven't commented much on this forum, but I've had just about all I can take.

This issue with soft-bricked or hard-bricked devices is certainly unfortunate, and I think we can at least all agree on that common point. Where we seem to have various levels of discord is on whom to place blame. Well, as someone who has been a follower, a leader and everything in between, it's very simple: personal responsibility.

There were issues that the devs or admins didn't know about when they posted this method. There were people who didn't fully read the threads and know what they were getting into. That means all of us - from the top down and back again - are to blame. Not one person with a bricked phone can say they are not at fault, nor can any dev who posted the files. Agreed?

I am not a dev. I do not know what it takes to develop a ROM or even a theme. My skill set is in an entirely different field for which, frankly, many people rely on *my* expertise. I can tell you a few things based on that:

1) Sometimes people don't do enough research before making an important decision.

2) Sometimes people don't do enough research before inviting *others* to make an important decision.

3) Sometimes everyone does their research and things still don't turn out as planned. This is defined as "life." It happens everyday.

I am disappointed that the .84 and .85 files have turned out this way. I am disappointed that so many dedicated users of this forum feel abandoned or at a loss (financially or, I suppose, emotionally). I am disappointed that our devs made the mistake of posting that information before it was fully vetted.

Still, I can't ignore that many of these devs have bricked *multiple* personal devices to create incredible ROMs, themes, etc. for our enjoyment and shared it with us. In most cases not to gain financially, but just to share their talents with those who can't do it themselves. How many of you have cared about that? They know what can go wrong and, frankly, now so do you. Start living up to - excuse my language - the one goddamn thing that is posted everywhere throughout these threads: participate at your own risk. If the risk (a bricked phone) doesn't outweigh the reward for you, then you should find a safer game to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users