THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Is there anything for the Razr Maxx similar to siri?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#2 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Speaktoit assistant or stock Google voice search

#3 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationFort Drum, NY

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

Speaktoit assistant or stock Google voice search

Wow, thanks for the quick, response. I'm not able to find it in Play store! Found it!

#4 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Iris

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

There's actually a ton of these apps.

Speaktoit can also be downloaded from www.speaktoit.com the actual app name in the Play Store is "Assistant."

Then there are apps like the following:

Vlingo
Voice Actions
Evi
Iris

There are more but I can't remember all the names. Vlingo, Assistant and Voice Actions are very good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I like this one.

• MasterGadgets likes this

#7 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Cant forget Eva :)

#8 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationFort Drum, NY

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for all the apps... Problem is, ive been messing around with Siri and it flat just kicks booty! Android really needs to step it up in that area. Voice control is the future! Hand free to the next level!

#9 croid

croid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

i use dragon search it doesnt have voice but it does alot and doesnt drain the battery but i guess that doesnt matter on the maxx lol

#10 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Assistant is nice. Vlingo has a kickass feature that lets it run in the background (sort of). If these apps started running up in the notification bar in the foreground, it would open up a lot of cool possibilities. ATM they only really work when you manually prompt them to listen, which sort of defeats teh purpose.

#11 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationFort Drum, NY

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I dont like all the back and forward, just do it dangitt!

#12 Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Twitter:@pprice88
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for all the apps... Problem is, ive been messing around with Siri and it flat just kicks booty! Android really needs to step it up in that area. Voice control is the future! Hand free to the next level!

I just watched a video a couple of days ago of Iris beating Siri in a test using both common and uncommon requests.
Also, Siri is not nearly as good as what the advertisement says. My roommate has an iPhone 4S, and he quit using Siri after a couple of weeks because he found it quicker to do a manual search in most instances due to Siri's unreliability.

Also, check this link. This is just an example, not the only instance. Apple's consumers are fighting back due to what is basically false advertising claims about Siri.

#13 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

I've bought about 6 of them so far but they fall just a little short of my expectations.

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Assistant is nice. Vlingo has a kickass feature that lets it run in the background (sort of). If these apps started running up in the notification bar in the foreground, it would open up a lot of cool possibilities. ATM they only really work when you manually prompt them to listen, which sort of defeats teh purpose.

Vlingo is voice activated now once you have the app running. It kind of looks like the car dock app. Just say "hey Vlingo" and it activates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#15 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Eva is the same only it let's you configure. Right now she says "Yes, Steven?" when she hears me say "Bottom beotch!" Yeah, my wife loves that.
  • karlo2012 likes this

#16 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

I hope Google updates the voice search app to project majel soon. It sounds amazing!!!!

Sent from my Kaplac-Revived RAZR!!!!
Posted Image

#17 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Sad thing about Siri, is that it WAS amazing. Woz said that the original versions (pre-release) worked incredibly well, but by the time it left engineerings complete control (a.k.a. marketing, sales, executive management got involved) they made it stupid. Too bad Apple ended up a company headed by the wrong Steve for so long :(

I'm looking forward to checking out Project Majel as well. Most companies claiming they are going to make a system that understands natural speaking I would be hesitant to trust, but Google has pulled off many amazing feats before.

#18 Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Eva is the same only it let's you configure. Right now she says "Yes, Steven?" when she hears me say "Bottom beotch!" Yeah, my wife loves that.

That's hilarious. I like your style.

Sad thing about Siri, is that it WAS amazing. Woz said that the original versions (pre-release) worked incredibly well, but by the time it left engineerings complete control (a.k.a. marketing, sales, executive management got involved) they made it stupid. Too bad Apple ended up a company headed by the wrong Steve for so long :(

I'm looking forward to checking out Project Majel as well. Most companies claiming they are going to make a system that understands natural speaking I would be hesitant to trust, but Google has pulled off many amazing feats before.

I'm from Georgia (lived there 23 years before moving to TX this year), so I have a pretty thick southern accent. While Google's voice recognition technology still has a long way to go, I find it much more adapted to understand natural speaking than anything else. All others (including Siri) fail to recognize many common words when I say them "normally," so I'm forced to repeat myself two or three different times using abnormal (for me) pronunciations. Google usually gets it right on the first try. Google (and all others) have the hardest time with names. My last girlfriend is from Louisiana, so her last name contained silent letters typical in French words. It's the same now with my current girlfriend. What's kind of funny is that I can use the mispronunciation of the name (which is what I usually call her as a nickname), and Google will recognize it, but it doesn't recognize the proper pronunciation.

#19 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

That's hilarious. I like your style.

I'm from Georgia (lived there 23 years before moving to TX this year), so I have a pretty thick southern accent. While Google's voice recognition technology still has a long way to go, I find it much more adapted to understand natural speaking than anything else. All others (including Siri) fail to recognize many common words when I say them "normally," so I'm forced to repeat myself two or three different times using abnormal (for me) pronunciations. Google usually gets it right on the first try. Google (and all others) have the hardest time with names. My last girlfriend is from Louisiana, so her last name contained silent letters typical in French words. It's the same now with my current girlfriend. What's kind of funny is that I can use the mispronunciation of the name (which is what I usually call her as a nickname), and Google will recognize it, but it doesn't recognize the proper pronunciation.

I lived in SA TX many years...Live in Ga now..Warner Robins...And I know the whole LA Cajun name thing too...lol However I have an accent its very mild as most here ask me where I'm from since its so different..Anyway.. I've tried many of the assistant apps and I'm still not very impressed. Its like a google voice search that's animated and only certain apps do a decent enough job IMO to keep one...lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#20 Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Yeah Google Maps is really the only thing I use voice recognition for anymore because I am usually already driving when I remember I need directions. For the most part, I can swype something just as quickly as I can say it.
  • pdumont1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users