8 replies to this topic

#1 pmbasehore

pmbasehore

geek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Google+:gplus.to/pmbasehore
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M running PACman 4.3, ASUS TF101 running KatKiss 4.2.2

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

The Droid Razr M supposedly has 8GB of internal storage. Of course, when you actually view the used storage in Settings, you get a number closer to 3.8GB.

My first thought was to just use my handy-dandy ROM Toolbox and send some apps to my 16GB SD Card. Unfortunately, that option was not available. Just as a sanity check, I installed App2SD and it confirmed that that functionality was unavailable on my device.

First, why? Secondly, would installing a 3rd party ROM help (I am, obviously, rooted and unlocked with TWRP installed). If so, which is the best for use as a daily driver?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Droid Razr M, running OSE 4.4

Transformer TF101, running KatKiss 4.3

#2 pbanj

pbanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

you should check out an app called link2sd, you have to partition you sd card but it works great.

#3 pmbasehore

pmbasehore

geek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Google+:gplus.to/pmbasehore
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M running PACman 4.3, ASUS TF101 running KatKiss 4.2.2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Would a ROM help with this? I believe it did on my old Droid X, but I can't recall anymore.

Droid Razr M, running OSE 4.4

Transformer TF101, running KatKiss 4.3

#4 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

i have not found a ROM that enables this, as the lack of moving apps to external drive is more of a JB feature.  however, installing a lean/clean ROM, you will save space.  also, setting your pics/vids to save to your external drive helps as well.  otherwise, I can't imagine how many apps you'll need to exceed the space.  i've got 100+ apps, and still have more than 1 GB of space available.

• pmbasehore likes this

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#5 Deacon

Deacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

there are apps that enable this, one is directory bind, and link2sd, look them up.

#6 Deacon

Deacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

also the new root explorer supports folder linking.

#7 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I found this a while back and works like a charm... its so far best way to save space in the internal sd-card and easiest to use... you could find it

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#8 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

I have found a solution, developed by others, that works great on stock based roms.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I would like to use it for CM based roms but I don't know how.

#9 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

If what's taking up space is games GL to SD app works great. Its in Google play. Pics and movies can be manually moved to SD card with a root file manager and still work as the would normally. Titainium backup can be moved also. After moving titanium over open titainium and open menu. Go to preferences then backup location. Do a scan and the moved file will be located. Choose new location for backup and titainium will all get saved to external SD card. Suppose there's better ways but seeing I have 3.6gig internal free now and 14 on my 32 gig card mostly games I'm happy with how it all worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users