• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

Exactly what are the goals/objectives of the donations option on this site? How is the money to be used? Why are donations sought above and beyond revenue from advertising.

Before I donate, I want to understand exactly how my donation will be used and why it is needed.

Thanks

#2 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:39 AM

The Money is used to get Razrs in the hands of Devs so they can work on Custom Mods. Believe it or not the revenue from advertising isn't as much as you think and staff doesn't get paid.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

The Money is used to get Razrs in the hands of Devs so they can work on Custom Mods. Believe it or not the revenue from advertising isn't as much as you think and staff doesn't get paid.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks for the response..and the link.

#4 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

No problem. I see you donated. PM me your custom title choice and oil I'll change it. Thanks for the donation.

#5 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hopefully we'll see the donated developer phone go to a ROM developer, rather than a themer. And preferably a solid dev who is not busy 24/7 humping their Nexus. :rolleyes:

I've donated twice for the purpose of getting a phone into a ROMers hands, but just to hedge my bets, I'm gonna check out the Nexus tomorrow since (UNfortunately) that is where so much attention has gone.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#6 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hopefully we'll see the donated developer phone go to a ROM developer, rather than a themer. And preferably a solid dev who is not busy 24/7 humping their Nexus.

I've donated twice for the purpose of getting a phone into a ROMers hands, but just to hedge my bets, I'm gonna check out the Nexus tomorrow since (UNfortunately) that is where so much attention has gone.

+1 I'm not going to upgrade my third line to Nexlame. I'm waiting for Razr Maxx, so I really do hope it goes to a Rom developer also and not a themer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#7 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

Speaking of the Razr Maxx, let's hope its doesn't differ too much from the Razr for ROM development purposes, so the dev groundwork done now will benefit the Razr Maxx as well. One of my options is to return my Razr under the extended worry-free return period, stumble along on my Droid X 'til the Maxx comes out, then use apply my upgrade for the Maxx. Just $12 more to reach that donation goal, then see what happens next.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#8 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

I'm reading that a dev has been awarded a phone that was paid for with donations from members.

On 11/16 Jolly wrote

When we have enough donations to purchase a device names of the Devs will be listed and the forum members will vote on which Dev will win the Device.

I donated because of the above statement. Did I have the option of voting? If so, I missed it.

#9 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

That is for the next one. In the beginning we where going to do that but are made a change in house. There was a thread to explain that but got lost when we overhauled the site. So from now on we will be deciding as a whole. Not to mention from the beginning there was only like 10 ppl when we decided lol. Hope this clears things up a little bit

#10 dustincook87

dustincook87

Dedicated Supporter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Is there a way to donate to help a particular dev? specifically Droid th3ory?

#11 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

He does not except donations, at the moment. He does this for fun. U can ask him.

• dustincook87 likes this

#12 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Wow!!! I just noticed this post...Actually wouldn't be a bad idea to have a dedicated thread that in detail, describes the actual work involved as well as time it takes to build a custom ROM as well as actual work it takes and monies to run a site. I know from experience that if you don't get enough people clicking on ads they are about useless..lol Donations are a must!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users