#1 obsidianfirefly

obsidianfirefly

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hey all,

So I just got the S4 coming from a Bionic and it's a HUGE improvement obviously. I haven't had a chance to go through the xda threads yet since there's so much information but I thought I'd ask here since it's seems like a good place to get help.

It seems the S4 vibrates for all notifications or none if you mute it. I was wondering if there's a combination of settings so that it doesn't vibrate for anything except text messages (I'm using handcent, but also tried with stock) while in vibrate mode and will still play notification sound alerts when in sound mode.

Thanks for the help

#2 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Look for Ringo Lite in the Play store.. Does exactly what you want. Only thing is you have to disable the stock sms tone to silent or you will hear two sounds. This app will let you set custom sounds for individual contacts as well. You cannot do this for SMS with a stock phone, you can only set phone call tones differently. This app is also good for people who get texts from a girl and they don't want their phone going off and their sig other hearing it lol.

Posted Image

#3 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

So in your case, just set your stock setting vibration to off, then set Ringo to Vibrate + sound. You will be G2G... I will post a screen shot for you to see..

Posted Image

#4 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Screen shots..

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   99.74KB   23 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   87.61KB   21 downloads
  • Attached File  3.png   79.23KB   21 downloads

Posted Image

#5 obsidianfirefly

obsidianfirefly

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I finally had time to root and so I just loaded liquidsmooth and that dealt with it but now I had time to mess with touchwiz roms and this problem is relevant again. So this Ringo app, is it only for texts and phone calls or does it support other apps too(like Google voice)? And am I correct in thinking that this will only work if I have it in silent mode?

What I'm looking for is a way to be able to be in 1) silent mode - where nothing vibrates nor makes noise, 2) vibrate mode - basically have texts, Google voice, and maybe other apps vibrate, and 3) sound mode - notifications for everything makes a sound

Thanks so much for the quick reply earlier and any other info you may have

#6 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

The basic does ringtone and SMS. I think the pro does more. This app will do all 3 that you want, but I am not sure if it will do google apps. You can read on the pro version and find out.

Posted Image

#7 obsidianfirefly

obsidianfirefly

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

I see, thanks for all the help though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users