Photo

Droid RAZR MAXX making calls where I can't hear anything!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skersh

skersh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I am a newbie to this site and have a Droid RAZR MAXX (not rooted) that has a unique problem that rears its ugly head about once a week...and sometimes, more frequently than that.

By the way, I'm on my second DR MAXX phone as I returned the first one to Verizon for this same issue.

Here's what happens.

I will press a contact's button and press the # to make a call.

The phone acts like it is in the process of making a call, but I can't hear it ring...and it just sits there.

Meanwhile, the phone actually does make the call and my contact is talking to me....but I can't hear them.

The only way to "fix" this? Reboot the phone.

Is this anybody else having this issue with the DR MAXX? If so, have you been able to fix it? How?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

In my experience with the same thing.... I have found that it is one of a couple things.... either you have an app that is not playing nice or it is a intermediate network issue..... :)

If is a network issue, not much can be done about it.....

You could try using matts utility and restore stock and see if it helps

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

tapadriving ...... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

I am a newbie to this site and have a Droid RAZR MAXX (not rooted) that has a unique problem that rears its ugly head about once a week...and sometimes, more frequently than that.

By the way, I'm on my second DR MAXX phone as I returned the first one to Verizon for this same issue.

Here's what happens.

I will press a contact's button and press the # to make a call.

The phone acts like it is in the process of making a call, but I can't hear it ring...and it just sits there.

Meanwhile, the phone actually does make the call and my contact is talking to me....but I can't hear them.

The only way to "fix" this? Reboot the phone.

Is this anybody else having this issue with the DR MAXX? If so, have you been able to fix it? How?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Are you by chance rooted and running an old CyanogenMod based ROM? This issue use to happen on these ROMs when bluetooth was turned on, even if bluetooth wasn't connected to anything. I would say make sure your bluetooth is turned off, then try your call again.

#4 skersh

skersh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

No, I did try to root my phone thinking that perhaps, that would fix the problem....but it didn't. So, after I got the replacement phone from Verizon, I didn't root the phone. By the way, I was rooted using "RazrBlade" before.

#5 NCMike

NCMike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

I had the same problem with my razr maxx. There can be a hickup with the headphone jack causing the external speaker not to work. There is an app called soundabout. Download it from the playstore. It works great. Fixes the problem and takes the volume levels back to their normal levels. Once downloaded , go into "Wired headset Behavior" and uncheck wired headset detection. If you want to use the headphone jacks, just go back to the soundabout menu and "wired headset behavior and recheck wired headset detection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users