#1 azaghal

azaghal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

I own a Droid RAZR (model XT912) on Verizon Wireless in the US, and I recently tried manually upgrading to Jelly Bean (4.1.2). I had an old version of Android on my phone at the time (I rooted my phone about a year-and-a-half ago, and had not attempted a manual install since then). I followed the instructions for using the "DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)" on the thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and the page

. I ran the "LinuxMacUtility.sh" from Linux Mint 14 (invoking "sh LinuxMacUtility.sh" as suggested on one page gave an error about a parenthesis, so I simply invoked "./LinuxMacUtility.sh"). Initially I selected option 2 (upgrade and keep data), but after following the script's instructions, when the phone finally rebooted there were graphical problems on the lower part of the screen that made it unusable (I believe it may be the same problem described

). I also got a message saying something to the effect of "process.android.media has stopped" that kept popping up.

Thinking it may have been a problem with data left over from my previous install, I reinvoked the script again using option 1 (to wipe my data), with similar results (although the "process.android.media" message did not show up again). I also tried rooting the phone, which I believe executed successfully, but this did not solve the graphical problems either. After seeing the aforementioned thread with a similar problem to mine, I followed the instructions

and used rsd lite in Windows 7 to flash 4.1.2, but I did not enjoy the success of the author of that thread, and still have the same graphical issues as before. I also did a hard reset and wiped my phone to a factory reset, with no change in behavior.

Does anyone have a suggestions for how I might proceed?

Thanks.

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Even tho you have ran both methods of recovery, you may still have some "leftovers" hanging out.... maybe try removing SD card and formatting internal then run RSD , or Matt's utility again....

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 azaghal

azaghal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I went to system settings > device > storage and erased the internal storage and the SD card. After a reboot, everything looked the same, and so I ran Matt's utility again, but the results are identical. I didn't physically remove the SD card this time, but I tried that before with no success. I have taken some pictures of what the screen artifacts look like, in case that might give anyone an idea. I've shared the album

. I also did a "wipe data/factory reset" from Android system recovery and I didn't notice it having any effect.

#4 evilgold

evilgold

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'm having the same exact problem. I wipped the phone before upgrading from 2.3 to 4.2 using the AIO script with option 1, and now I get graphical errors as if the GPU isn't working properly. It will display effects slowly, screen lags and the bottom part is constantly showing flashes of artifacts, but i can still touch though to whatever is on the screen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jelly bean, graphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users