Photo

cant unlock dna thru moonshine

Best Answer Memnoch73 , 27 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

You can load TWRP through gooManager app HERE. Install app then open and it will ask you if you want to install recovery

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Google+:wacocapretto@gmail.com
  • Locationpalm desert california
  • Current Device(s):razr razr hd droid dna

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

So basically moonshine is the only option if you take the ota to get s-off. so i have all the drivers installed and and start moonshine and it all goes good until it says rebooting into bootloader <again> waiting for fastboot <9/60> then instead of going to the next step it makes dashes (-) that fill up the comand promt and my phone is in the fastboot menu. I let it do that for about An hour  and I've tried multiple times. Any ideas ?

Additional info running windows 7 phones on 4.1.1 with the 2.06.605.1 710 RD update, usbdebug is on fastboot is off. Phone is fully charged. Using factory cable on a usb 2.0 port and htcsync is uninstalled.

those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Posted Image

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hmm... Hang loose man. I unlocked with the original S-off but there are a couple guys here that have used moonshine. One thing I remember seeing is to have uninstalled HTCsync prior to running. Also make sure you are using the USB cord that came with your phone and maybe try a different usb port.

• wacocapretto likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hmm... Hang loose man. I unlocked with the original S-off but there are a couple guys here that have used moonshine. One thing I remember seeing is to have uninstalled HTCsync prior to running. Also make sure you are using the USB cord that came with your phone and maybe try a different usb port.

I appreciate it also forgot to mention using brand new HTC cable it came with and usb 2.0 not 3.0b(known to cause issuesapparently) and htcsync is uninstalled

Posted Image

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

I used the Linux method, so I'm not sure what's up. I know beaups response on this has been to FDR and try again.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 mikeramos90

mikeramos90

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Where i ran into issues was that i didn't have the correct drivers installed. i did a google search and found them and then it worked great.

• livinginkaos likes this

#6 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

try doing a factory restore, then hook your phone back up to the computer. moonshine failed on me 5 times until i did this, then it worked on the first try.

edit: just saw that you got it, glad to hear it! :) . i will leave mine up just to share what worked for me, and i used ubuntu

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#7 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

try doing a factory restore, then hook your phone back up to the computer. moonshine failed on me 5 times until i did this, then it worked on the first try.

edit: just saw that you got it, glad to hear it! :) . i will leave mine up just to share what worked for me, and i used ubuntu

:o You have a DNA??

Where's our Rom Sir?? **Taps foot** .....jk  :)

• mrlolli likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#8 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

:o You have a DNA??

Where's our Rom Sir?? **Taps foot** .....jk  :)

LMAO :lol:lol:lol: !!! i dont have one, a friend of mine does. playing with his dna, though, just reinforced the fact that i really want one...the phone is sweet!

• Memnoch73, rlewis312010, livinginkaos and 1 other like this

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#9 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Got s-off finally and unlocked but I tried flashing twrp thru cmd and now when I try to enter recovery it hangs at entering recovery and have to hold the power.
Forgot to mention I used revone to achieve s-off
Posted Image

#10 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:14 PM   Best Answer

You can load TWRP through gooManager app

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Install app then open and it will ask you if you want to install recovery

• livinginkaos and Sabres032 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#11 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

You can load TWRP through gooManager app

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Install app then open and it will ask you if you want to install recovery

Thanks got it to work but went with cwm in the end

• Memnoch73 likes this
Posted Image

#12 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Glad to hear you were able to achieve s-off on your DNA. Not sure what your issue was. Were you using the Linux way or the Windows way? I was able to s-off the linux was without any issues. Since you are s-off do a search on xda for ViperDNA ROM, you will not be disappointed. The customization of this ROM is unbelievable.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#13 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Glad to hear you were able to achieve s-off on your DNA. Not sure what your issue was. Were you using the Linux way or the Windows way? I was able to s-off the linux was without any issues. Since you are s-off do a search on xda for ViperDNA ROM, you will not be disappointed. The customization of this ROM is unbelievable.

I used windows and just pushed all of it manually thru command prompt. I'm running a sense 5 rom now but will definitely check out Viper and give it a go thanks.
Posted Image

#14 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

I used windows and just pushed all of it manually thru command prompt. I'm running a sense 5 rom now but will definitely check out Viper and give it a go thanks.

Hey, s-off is s-off no matter how you achieved it. I've been looking at a couple other ROMs for my phone but have been hesitant because viper has been such a beast.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#15 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hey, s-off is s-off no matter how you achieved it. I've been looking at a couple other ROMs for my phone but have been hesitant because viper has been such a beast.

checked out viper and coming from a sense 5 rom i wasn't to impressed. i never liked the look of sense until sense 5 and im one of the few who enjoy blinkfeed. it seems crazy but im getting triple the battery life i was getting on  my og razr running stable cm10.1. 

Posted Image

#16 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

checked out viper and coming from a sense 5 rom i wasn't to impressed. i never liked the look of sense until sense 5 and im one of the few who enjoy blinkfeed. it seems crazy but im getting triple the battery life i was getting on my og razr running stable cm10.1.

NOS7 is a sence 5 based ROM and might be worth a look at. I ran it for a week but went back to viper because I didn't like blinkfeed. If there was a way to disable it I might try it again.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#17 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

NOS7 is a sence 5 based ROM and might be worth a look at. I ran it for a week but went back to viper because I didn't like blinkfeed. If there was a way to disable it I might try it again.

Just load up any custom launcher.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users