29 replies to this topic

#1 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Since this little corner is so quiet as most of the Dev seems to be elsewhere,what ROMs are you running or have run and why?
I have tried Hyperdrive, CM10 and Liquid. I'm presently bouncing between a deodexed TW base and Liquid. Not a big TW fan but since certain features haven't been fixed on source ROMs yet,mainly microphone over headphones,I find myself needing to have to run TW.
Liquid is pretty smooth , but since Halo was included..I'm not enjoying it as much..feel that it is an unessesary addition. Maybe back on GB it would have been useful...just not now.

• T3T3droid and jl90 like this

#2 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

i am and have been running rage rom. i find that stock based roms offer superior reliability and i have kinda gotten over my earlier crackflasher tendencies haha! this is a great idea for a thread though man liking this immediately! ;) first? edit first!! :D

#3 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Beanstowns JellyBeans rom with faux kernel.

#4 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

jayrod!! An enthusiast... PAC is not like before... Very Stable, much improved over the last couple months.. thanks @sudru_petru(spyder, umts_spyder, tf300t) for his updates and of course all involved... "list toooo long" :wacko: I guess what i would really like to do is flash/trick my device into thinking it's not what it is so i could play more with other builds, ROMS, kernels, scripts, apps etc.. I have ran many 4.1.2/4.2.2 ROMS yet iam stuck on this one, i guess "we found each other" after all i have played with and still (not to often) when something new, compatible, crosses my path the CraCkFLaShEr rears its head... And Still, PAC-man is for me!!! ***So how about we figure out how to trick our devices***

XT912 CDMA PAC-manV05 JBX-KERNEL 6/24/13 nightly

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Now that myself and zooyork0721 both have an S4, you can expect development to pick up. I'm getting ready to work on porting and zoo is getting ready to start on Slim Rom.

#6 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

I've been running Rage & Eclipse2; w/more of a tendency towrds the latter, simply b/c BDH said there would be no more updates- yes, b/c it is as solid as he can make it, but it IS quite stable.

I like the dark of Eclipse2 & I'm an old fan of nitro's work.
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#7 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

I like customization but to be honest.. the majority of the ROMs out are overkill. I'm not saying a damned thing negative towards the Devs..they are making things that people want.. But seriously how many options do you need to be able to change the color of a status bar or do you really need halo for notifications when the notification system works just fine? I am simple. 4 way power and a customizable lock screen..maybe a couple of things like swiping between qs and notification screen,customize the qs toggles.. and I'm fine. Some optimization for battery/speed...because those are things that I use but lack the ability to create. I can change the visual stuff myself.. so yeah..basic Source with a few tweaks is all I want.

Sent from my Platyraptor extreme ultra maxxxx 4gLTE/GSM/ABC/123 Nick Knack Pattywack Ermegherd GED, MD,RNA,DNA,YMCA Edition S4! Via the 4th dimension....NOW RUNNING STOCK GOOGLE..

• jpcalhoun likes this

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I've been running Rage & Eclipse2; w/more of a tendency towrds the latter, simply b/c BDH said there would be no more updates- yes, b/c it is as solid as he can make it, but it IS quite stable.

I like the dark of Eclipse2 & I'm an old fan of nitro's work.

This is in the S4 section bud lol :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#9 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Ok, ooops! time to open mouth & change feet;

fwiw, I was reading fm Tapatalk & therefore less conscious of which forum; I guess I'llhave to look out bett'r fm now on! lol

Sent from XT912 using Tapatalk 4 beta

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#10 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

I am running cm11.2 on my samsung s5 android version 4.3.1 with inverted gapps. custom paint(Chip Foose), 24" wheels, carbon fiber hood and a custom retractable awning for tailgating!! :p

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

#11 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

JellyBeans B4 currently

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Stock deodexed, with Didact's Multi-Mod and Ktoonz's kernel

#13 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

I was running the multi mod..but It made my themed status bar disappear :( And yes..all of my edits were done using the apks from the mutimod :D That is why I don't want all the multiple ROM control visual tweaks..I know I'm a whiney broken record who needs to learn how to do stuff himself! :lol: Sent from my Platyraptor extreme ultra maxxxx 4gLTE/GSM/ABC/123 Nick Knack Pattywack Ermegherd GED, MD,RNA,DNA,YMCA Edition S4! Via the 4th dimension....NOW RUNNING STOCK GOOGLE..

#14 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

This thread has somewhat died but guess what..it's my thread and I can resurrect it! A lot of ROMs have been released since this thread was started. In this time,I was running Hyperdrive RLS3 (plain TW is not my cup of tea)  Liquid AOSP ..but IMHO,2.8 was the last stable version and even then,it had a few issues.(but I really did like how the notification screens operated)  Tried Rootbox..way too much going on for me. Tried CM10..a few things I have become accustomed to were missing and I have no idea how to include them myself. I have been running Eclipse TW/AOSP 1.6 since it was released as a beta.Have 2 partial themes done for it.. Absolutely my favorite so far...but there are a few things that bug me..nothing major,just annoying (like the warning on headset insertion..and how the headphone volume reverts on disconnecting). Just recently I grabbed Hyperdrive RLS9. Still TW but the ROM has come a long way. Not completely sold on running it though. I did set it up and made a backup though..but Eclipse is just that good. I'm not 100% sure what Eclipse 2.0 has to offer that the 1.6 beta is missing ,so if anyone running 2.0 can chime in..that would be great.

#15 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm running the Google rom.  :p  Ain't nothing like a stock "rom" built by Google.  :D

Non potest esse nisi unus

#16 Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto

Decoding Your Secrets

• 1,086 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist Developer, A700, Nook Color

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Stock ROM, Philz Touch recovery.  I haven't had the time to play around yet but I planned to check out Eclipse first.

#17 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

bonestock 1.1.4 ,just amazing

#18 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Been on Eclipse 2.0. Love the ROM but some of the tw features I love have been removed. Still trying to set it up exactly how I want it. Pretty sweet though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

#19 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Can you do me a favor? Can you screenshot a few things? I'm really trying to see if 2.0 is actually much different from the 1.6 beta. Also,what was removed that you use? I have had luck with re-adding a few TW things

#20 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Decided to load up 2.0. Pretty much the same as 1.6 beta except he cleaned it up some,organized a few things and now it's a full AOSP Phone/contacts instead of a AOSP themed TW set..and a couple of bug fixes. Guess I will be on 2.0 myself! Eclipse has been my favorite on here so far It's still TW which is nice for stability but done in a way that is not strictly AOSP. I like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users