Photo

Problem Updating To .181

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Okay man I ain't trying to argue with you I'm just saying if he is having problems with the .181 update he will still have the same problems with ICS and most likely will not be solved unless he wipes. Especially since he is going from GB to ICS. It's really just good etiquette to wipe. Sure some people have no problems but most people do. Same is true for changing roms.

+1, never hurts to wipe. Always a good precautionary measure especially when going from GB to ICS.

#22 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Titanium is a great app, but batch anything other than backup can bring major errors. I would backup in clockwork. Clear cache and backup. This will take a complete pic of your system and data, so when you restore its exactly as it was

I'll remember to do the clockwork backup too, thanks. As for batch, I did do a batch backup in Titanium selecting all apps and system data, then uninstalled the various individual bloatware apps one by one in Titanium (not batch). Now trying to restore them, I'm doing it the same way, one by one and not batch. So that should be the safest way to do it.

#23 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I'll remember to do the clockwork backup too, thanks. As for batch, I did do a batch backup in Titanium selecting all apps and system data, then uninstalled the various individual bloatware apps one by one in Titanium (not batch). Now trying to restore them, I'm doing it the same way, one by one and not batch. So that should be the safest way to do it.

another option would be to freeze the bloat instead of uninstalling

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#24 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

And nobody actually thought to ask if he had ran Safestrap? Just a thought, since you have to import a stock 'preinstall' folder to your phone if you did to be able to take an OTA.

And also, you do not have to RSD or Fastboot to get all of the bloat back. TiBu sucks, period. I know for a FACT there is a thread on here with a .zip file flashable through Bootstrap that will re-bloat your phone.

#25 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

And nobody actually thought to ask if he had ran Safestrap? Just a thought, since you have to import a stock 'preinstall' folder to your phone if you did to be able to take an OTA.

And also, you do not have to RSD or Fastboot to get all of the bloat back. TiBu sucks, period. I know for a FACT there is a thread on here with a .zip file flashable through Bootstrap that will re-bloat your phone.

No nobody thought to ask that since he said all he was running was rooted .173

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#26 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks, I'll search for it now.

#27 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

No nobody thought to ask that since he said all he was running was rooted .173

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

And maybe he installed Safe strap at once and was playing around?

I'm just tired of people saying RSD or Fast boot for every problem they have.

#28 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

And maybe he installed Safe strap at once and was playing around?

I'm just tired of people saying RSD or Fast boot for every problem they have.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. He didn't say he installed it so people go off what they know.

No one is saying he needs to RSD or fastboot for an issue. He wants to go from Gingerbread to ICS. Therefore, he needs to fastboot back to 100% complete stock in order to do it.

#29 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

The only thing I did since I got the phone was root it, then got the OTA update to .173 which unrooted it. Had to go thru the old method of using Razr Utility 1.2 and restore it to stock .748, then root and install rootkeeper and then accept the .173 update OTA and restore root.

Then I reinstalled TiBu and did a full backup of all apps & data, then uninstalled bloat apps thru TiBu. Nothing since, no ICS or any other updates/changes. So its stock rooted .173 with bloat removed and that's it.

#30 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Just discovered an interesting little easter egg of sorts. During the update, as soon as you see the alien screen with the yellow progress bar, press both volume buttons simultaneously. That will bring up the text display of what is going on during the upgrade (as I saw by default on the Charge). Now I know what it doesn't like!

When it gets to Verifying current system, it fails on one of the live wallpapers I uninstalled. Specifically /system/app/ForestWallpaper.apk" followed by what looks like two checksum values which don't match and I assume that's what its cranky about.

Anyone able to make a backup of this .apk for me from their .173 rom?

#31 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

Nice find! Sorry im off on 181 and. 84 already

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#32 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

I became annoyed, trying to install the .79 ICS build.

I fixed the XML in the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for RSD v5.6, flashed my phone with it, and installed .79 without a hitch.

That link is a fixed Fastboot file for RSD 5.6+. Md5sum: 04429d14989d4b2fc0767f522d5edd16

I'm not responsible for anything you do with that file: I will neither share in the glory of your successes, nor chuckle at your failures.

The only claim I make about that file: "My expectations were met."

(A new disclaimer was desperately needed)
If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users