wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have .206 version, but would like to get back on stock .181 is there a way to do that?
Thanks

If you have .206 (ICS) installed on your Razr you cannot return to stock .181 (GingerBread) if you try you could SoftBrick !! You are stuck there like the rest of us on .206 !

#42 XCellFoneSalesRep

XCellFoneSalesRep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/XCellFoneRep
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/XgDaW
  • LocationThe Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

It could be a "findstr" error for not having

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

in your Windows machine's PATH.

Thanks, but can i do to fix this?

*edit*

Cancel That. It was because i was running the batch from an external harddrive. Thanks for your help!

#43 fastenup2211

fastenup2211

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

can get the utility to run all the way stop at preinstall phone is brick can anyone help

#44 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

can get the utility to run all the way stop at preinstall phone is brick can anyone help

Your computer needs more RAM. Shut down all other programs...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#45 Flameroid

Flameroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just for confirmation, does this root .181?

#46 jasmaze19990

jasmaze19990

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

I am completely new to this root stuff. I have never flashed or anything. I am currently on 6.12.181. My question is since iv never changed anything besides downloading apps, do i still have to revert back to stock .181 before rooting?

#47 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

No, you ARE on stock .181. You can use the root option right now.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#48 jasmaze19990

jasmaze19990

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

Ok thanks. Thats what i thought just making complete sure.
One more question though.
Should i install voodoo and bootstrap before OR after i load the ICS leak?

#49 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Voodoo before, protect root and then temp unroot. Then use the stock moto recovery to install .206 if that is your intention. Then use Voodoo to restore. You shouldn't need bootstrap or safestrap until you want to try a custom ROM.

#50 jasmaze19990

jasmaze19990

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

Thanks got it root is good and now running ICS .79 thanks to everybody for the awesome utility

#51 seanren78

seanren78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:seanren78
  • Google+:seanren78
  • LocationCO/CA

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hello.... I am not a noob at this point, but I apparently have lost my intelligence level of being great to being stupid. I have run ADB and followed instructions on multiple devices and have found successful root. This one-click-root is killing me. For some reason when I am running this utility I get hung up *daemon started successfully*. I have searched multiple forums and can not seem to find a story other then success! great work by Matt on this endeavor. Soooo apparently I have a huge user error. I have updated driver's from (utility kit/Motorola/Combo Installer) x64bit... Have tried all and failed. Debugging-Check...Charge Only-Check... Reboot Win7 x64bit-Check. I am running 6.12.181 which came with my refurbed device. Any Help appreciated....Send a PM if need be. Help is appreciated... I have passed my knowledge before and am new to a device... I appreciate the forums input.
Former Admin for Bbhydrids.net ... Creator/Owner/Hybrid Designer for Driphter.com ... Looking to Learn the Android World. Not Perfrect, but who Is. Still God's Gift to Women.

#52 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hello.... I am not a noob at this point, but I apparently have lost my intelligence level of being great to being stupid. I have run ADB and followed instructions on multiple devices and have found successful root. This one-click-root is killing me. For some reason when I am running this utility I get hung up *daemon started successfully*. I have searched multiple forums and can not seem to find a story other then success! great work by Matt on this endeavor. Soooo apparently I have a huge user error. I have updated driver's from (utility kit/Motorola/Combo Installer) x64bit... Have tried all and failed. Debugging-Check...Charge Only-Check... Reboot Win7 x64bit-Check. I am running 6.12.181 which came with my refurbed device. Any Help appreciated....Send a PM if need be. Help is appreciated... I have passed my knowledge before and am new to a device... I appreciate the forums input.

I had issues with rooting when I didn't extract the file, I just tried to open it with winrar. Everything looked good, but it wouldn't root it and it hung up...

#53 fastenup2211

fastenup2211

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

I had issues with rooting when I didn't extract the file, I just tried to open it with winrar. Everything looked good, but it wouldn't root it and it hung up... you dont have to root to get ics up and running if you are useing a custom rom yuo will need root

#54 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

You have to be rooted to install a leak.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#55 seanren78

seanren78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCO/CA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I had issues with rooting when I didn't extract the file, I just tried to open it with winrar. Everything looked good, but it wouldn't root it and it hung up...

Yes you must be rooted to download a leak... #agreed. I also need root to play with 47.99% of my apps. Gonna 1-click root #faileffort again :) If not this time then ADB I go. Hope there is a hepful tool online. I designed blackberry hybrids.... not android ROMS...#respect to Matt *bow* ... hashtag#highfasion
Former Admin for Bbhydrids.net ... Creator/Owner/Hybrid Designer for Driphter.com ... Looking to Learn the Android World. Not Perfrect, but who Is. Still God's Gift to Women.

#56 seanren78

seanren78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCO/CA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Gotzzz root. An Update to you that make me feelz good.

#57 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

This goes for just custom roms, if that's what you mean.

#58 doogie

doogie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:doogiepile
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Just sayin' Thanks, Matt your utility continues to make the heavy lifting super simple - this is why I love DR - stuff that Just Works, no BS.............

(well, maybe some BS, but it's well organized.)

#59 dscblu

dscblu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

Has anyone successfully overclocked the .84 leak?

#60 royboy14

royboy14

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

I have been trying to load this file for the last two days but i keep geting an error message (The system cannot find the path specified )
My phone is rooted, i have even troed to restore back to original with no success. It's as if the utility does not see my phone.
Any advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users