7 replies to this topic

#1 FrankrBionic

FrankrBionic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Nexus

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

ok so ive had my bionic for a while now. and ive noticed after a while my roms bog down and get slow. so i went back to stock it was lightning fast compared to cm10.1 but after a while it got slow. like unusable slow. i went back to cm10.1 without wiping or anything. just back to my old rom slot. and it was as fast as stock was when i first started using it? anyone know why? will there be a new version of safestrap to fix this? what can i expect

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

ok so ive had my bionic for a while now. and ive noticed after a while my roms bog down and get slow. so i went back to stock it was lightning fast compared to cm10.1 but after a while it got slow. like unusable slow. i went back to cm10.1 without wiping or anything. just back to my old rom slot. and it was as fast as stock was when i first started using it? anyone know why? will there be a new version of safestrap to fix this? what can i expect

The problem isn't safestrap. The problem is how many processes are running on your phone and what those processes are. When you first boot, there are only a few processes going on, after using your phone for a while, processes start to add up and your phone will begin to slow down. There's really nothing you can do to fix it other than use less apps and have less stuff running at the same time, or upgrade your phone.

#3 FrankrBionic

FrankrBionic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

No. I have both stock and cm10.1 running without anything installed. All I have dine to both is flashed gapps and all I do is go to the browser and look around. And its still slow

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk HD

#4 FrankrBionic

FrankrBionic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

And I was told by someone who replayed to a comment I put on blurry rom that its a problem with safe strap I think his name was Bama or something

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

And I was told by someone who replayed to a comment I put on blurry rom that its a problem with safe strap I think his name was Bama or something

Well then this is probably a question you should bring up to Hashcode0f since he made Safestrap. I can say with 80% certainty that it's not safestrap causing the issue.

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

You can also try this ... autokiller memory optimizer ...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Set to aggressive (or above) it should speed you up quite a bit........

.... telekinectically tapped ....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#7 FrankrBionic

FrankrBionic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

ill give it a try. and another thing. i never had any of these issues on ics when  i was using safestrap 3.05

#8 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

fwiw : i run project lense recovery for this exact reason (though i have no proof of safestrap causing the issues).

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

it's actually CWM bootstrap for RAZR so be VERY careful. i can confirm that most mods install successfully, but you have to be extra vigilant- never blind flash always view the updater script to make sure it is not doing something heinous (AC!D sound is one

#not responsible for damages etc though i have modded some portions to get around some minor headaches. feel free to PM for those, can't post for liability and all lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users