RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

no charging icon is what i meant 

Let it sit on the charger for a few hours.  ADB might be failing because you have no charge.  Also, you won't be able fastboot if you're not charged.  I would also look at getting the factory cable/adapter from TeamBlackHat.  I ordered one and it got to me in about 3 days.  If we can't get past this, you might need that adapter on hand.

shop.teamblackhat.info/

• neckchop likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#22 jason303

jason303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationdenver co
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

it automatically came back on after being plugged into my laptop, same screen, and when i know try adb reboot bootloader it says cannot find device

#23 jason303

jason303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationdenver co

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

just seen your post, yea i done 4 the night, but i will be back manana and see what happens after letting it charge all day, thx again i mean that

#24 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

No problem, there are a lot of good people on this forum, someone should be able to figure it out.

#25 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Jason, I'm not into adb at all, but 'not seeing device' msg can point to a windows driver issue.

Are you sure you have the right drivers for the right device & since you have the xt912 AND the M, perhaps you put drivers for both on the same computer- just a stab in the dark on my part, but maybehaving drivers fm two similar devices can confuse Windows…

Of course, the power issue is very real, & you need enuf juice to Fastboot , and as someone said in a recent post, you need enuf power for adb to do it's magic on your device…

Good luck!
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#26 jason303

jason303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationdenver co

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

ok now after plugged in all night, i tried the adb approach again, and it still says it cant find device.  last night it was finding it, so i dont know what changed.

#27 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Are you using a motorola cable?  Are your drivers up-to-date?  Is ADB set-up correctly? 

I was having issues with ADB and I used this tut to get it working correctly:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#28 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Here's what worked for me when things go bad. When in boot loop I hold volume+ and vol- at the same time then press and hold power and it force shuts down. Wait a few seconds and repete the process till it completely goes into the boot list menu. Not sure what its called then scroll down to recovery and hit volume+ to select. From there I get twrp and breath a sigh of relief. You should be able to put your SD card in your computer and copy and past a backup if you have them there also just make sure its in the correct folder. If using twrp it needs to be in twrp folder so it shows in twrp restore. Or just copy and past a zip to flash to get up and running. These have worked for me so worth a try.

#29 jason303

jason303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationdenver co

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

i will try that, have not messed with it in a while cause of work and the level of frustration it has caused me... i am thinking Cap'n slow may be right and i need that cable... unless i take it apart and "jump start" the battery...?

#30 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

There is a vidio on YouTube showing how to take the m apart and it looks quite easy but you would need a lithium bat charger like something used for rc's to safely charge the bat. Would be best just to get the cable.

#31 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Lithium batteries aren't really the type if battery you want to experiment with and mix chargers that aren't meant for them. They can be pretty volatile. A quick YouTube search can show you all kinds of nasty and rough consequences...

A few bucks and couple days wait for a charger is a much better alternative. Just my .02

#32 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

Ion bats like ones in a phone are very safe. Its the polymer based lithium bats that can go boom.

#33 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Safer, and there are built in safety devices on the li-ion batteries. But over heating and/or short circuiting can cause serious issues, and even combustion. I'm not trying to be negative, or imply that you would be unsafe, but with the high traffic we get here I think it's best to discourage most folks from learning about batteries the hard way, or at least make them aware. Used properly, batteries can be harmless. But tampering can be extremely dangerous to the unaware.

I'll stop preaching now :-)

• brandon71 likes this

#34 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Ion bats like ones in a phone are very safe. Its the polymer based lithium bats that can go boom.

I use LiPO in my RC cars, and they are always balance charged. 

• neckchop likes this

#35 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

I use LiPO in my RC cars, and they are always balance charged.

Me to. I've been having issues lately with bats overheating. Blew one up in my scte . Can't seem to figure it out because the ESC and motor run nice and cool. But it was scary trying to get the bat out so my truck wouldn't burn to a crisp.

#36 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

Can't say I've ever had the battery get that hot.  

#37 jason303

jason303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationdenver co

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Well I did it! I am not encouraging the process, as I was sweating whether or not I had my + and - wires to the right spot. The disassembly was easy enough, but there are not normal type battery terminals to splice to. So my problem from the beginning was rooted in my batteries'charge( or lack there of). Still, is it normal for the blue "you have an unlocked boot loader" warning to be first thing to show every time? I used Matt's utility and did option 1 and 2, I still have root, but no superuser. Can't flash a recovery... not even sure what or where I am at, only know its back on and working... ish
  • RikRong likes this

#38 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

I would go to Google play and get a su app and see if I could get that straightened out first. A good file manager can be used to locate cwm to check its still installed and quick boot app can be used to get into recovery easily so you can start getting everything back in order. Best advice I got to give on this.

#39 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Dumb Q did you enable usb debugging?

#40 jason303

jason303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationdenver co

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

ok i am rooted, unlocked, and have removed the unlocked bootloader message.  One thing i have been curious about but bigger problems took precedence is, i cant turn phone off.  I hit power off option and it just reboots the phone.... been happening from first time rooting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users