31 replies to this topic

#21 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Can Safestrap be used to install this kernel?

#22 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Twitter:toph4er
  • Current Device(s):Droid X

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Can Safestrap be used to install this kernel?

No. Now install a real recovery or otherwise don't bother flashing anything. Safestrap has not been supported for nearly six months now.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

#23 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Based on some of the screenshots above the answer is yes.

I'm curious what screenshots you are referring to? Aviator and "stock" roms can be flashed via twrp or cwm...not seeing anything to indicate safestrap myself.

#24 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

You have to be unlocked to flash kernel. If you unlocked, no need to be using safestrap

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#25 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm curious what screenshots you are referring to? Aviator and "stock" roms can be flashed via twrp or cwm...not seeing anything to indicate safestrap myself.

I apologize Chahta, I thought since I saw Aviator that was an SS ROM. 

My bad!

#26 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I apologize Chahta, I thought since I saw Aviator that was an SS ROM.

My bad!

Lol I'm not offended...I just know I tend to make assumptions. The last thing I want is for people to get bad advice...and regardless of if it flashes in safestrap or not (which again, it doesn't) the fact remains that safestrap has long ago been abandoned.

• cmh714 likes this

#27 sdeznutz

sdeznutz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:sdeznutz
  • Locationso cal
  • Current Device(s):droid 3 ,raxr maxx HD 32gig

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

1 What version of safestrap  do I need for my rooted xt926m with "locked" bootloader . I intended to keep stock rom because iam flashed to page plus and have super SU vs superuser which I am very impressed with and back to 9.18 instead of being rsd,d back to 9.16

2. I tried 3.05 that worked on the droid 4 but it gave me a long warning message so I did not install / approve it

3. I found it last night but can not today where some one posted the version I need {and that works to do a functional original save and restore} and it was 3.12

4I have only found it other places as a zip file which I cant load into my phone /don't know how .. All other previous versions I just received the icon and had to just move from files to phone and click nstall

then go to apps and install 1 more time then reboot and do my save .

so please help if you can . This is a brand new phone ,and new to me my last was a droid 3 and I ran safestrap until I saw how much better d3 boot launcher worked and every time to restore old /original versions

Thanks sorry still a rookie !

#28 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

1 What version of safestrap do I need for my rooted xt926m with "locked" bootloader . I intended to keep stock rom because iam flashed to page plus and have super SU vs superuser which I am very impressed with and back to 9.18 instead of being rsd,d back to 9.16
2. I tried 3.05 that worked on the droid 4 but it gave me a long warning message so I did not install / approve it
3. I found it last night but can not today where some one posted the version I need {and that works to do a functional original save and restore} and it was 3.12
4I have only found it other places as a zip file which I cant load into my phone /don't know how .. All other previous versions I just received the icon and had to just move from files to phone and click nstall
then go to apps and install 1 more time then reboot and do my save .
so please help if you can . This is a brand new phone ,and new to me my last was a droid 3 and I ran safestrap until I saw how much better d3 boot launcher worked and every time to restore old /original versions

Thanks sorry still a rookie !

None, this thread is only two pages to read and will give you your answer.

#29 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

So what are your best CPU settings for battery and performance?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#30 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've been using the Wheatly governor and Row scheduler with pretty good luck. Smarta$$V2 and Noop supposed be another good combo to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#31 jlang11

jlang11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationFL
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hi! DIdnt see this in either (here or XDA) article, does it wipe the phone when installing this? Will I need to reinstall everything or wiill I still be "intact"?

#32 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi! DIdnt see this in either (here or XDA) article, does it wipe the phone when installing this? Will I need to reinstall everything or wiill I still be "intact"?

Wiping the phone is up to you and what options you choose in recovery.  With that being said, you can flash a kernel without wiping anything.  However, I always wipe cache/dalvik whenever I flash anything. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users