228 replies to this topic

#101 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Rooted (backed up root with root keeper) and unlocked HD non-maxx here. Just flashed update with zero error messages. All went exactly as supposed to. Now on 9.18.79 and new baseband. Restored root.

I have read that some didn't change base bands and some got an error message during update. I have no idea what the difference is but I just wanted to post that my phone updated without issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#102 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

didnt read ll the posts yet to see if it was already posted. Matt has it on batakang:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Different than what I was looking for and what Hash posted.  That's the physical locations of each partition which is also good, but, I needed to know what they actually do.  But thanks!

• tucstwo likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#103 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Well,

for you crack flashers that are on the MR4 ( 9.16.9 ) NON OTA

It looks like you will want to flash the 9.20.1 update - Blur_Version.9.16.9.XT926.Verizon.en.US

For those who are on the MR2 ( 9.16.6 ) OTA (which is most people)

you want the 9.18.79 update - Blur_Version.9.16.6.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Because there are two builds in use, they had to create two separate updates in order for an OTA to push/install correctly.  STILL the big unknown is WHY they still don't align the build after the update........ Area 51......

• SamuriHL and KaChow like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#104 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Rooted (backed up root with root keeper) and unlocked HD non-maxx here. Just flashed update with zero error messages. All went exactly as supposed to. Now on 9.18.79 and new baseband. Restored root.

I have read that some didn't change base bands and some got an error message during update. I have no idea what the difference is but I just wanted to post that my phone updated without issue.

Because they're trying to flash it with TWRP or CWM and not stock recovery...

#105 geekabilly

geekabilly

Razr Geezr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Twitter:winhayes
  • Google+:Winthrop Hayes
  • LocationNew England
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2nd Gen. PE

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

got through the update OK after restoring stock recovery, but I did also need to follow hash's advice to: 

"You will want to restore the /system/etc/install-

.sh file prior to flashing because recoveries like TWRP rename it.  If you don't fix this you'll end up aborting after the system files patch with this in /cache/recovery/last_log:"

Now, have new baseband, version (9.18.79), and AP Fastboot date.

Problem is: i'm not able to flash TWRP -- getting this:

C:\android\recoveries>fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.6.0.0-recovery-vanquish.img
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
sending 'recovery' (7732 KB)...
OKAY [  0.600s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  3.242s]
finished. total time: 3.846s
C:\android\recoveries>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.008s
C:\android\recoveries>adb wait-for-device reboot recovery

I know hash mentioned something about "I normally only get that when I use the stock Google SDK fastboot."

Any idea how to get through it?  I can't edit the /system/etc/install-

.sh without root.

#106 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

You can't reboot the system after flashing TWRP.  You simply have to unplug from usb, shut it off, and boot into recovery.

• geekabilly and hollovoid7 like this

#107 geekabilly

geekabilly

Razr Geezr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Bingo -- thank you, sir --

• SamuriHL likes this

#108 hollovoid7

hollovoid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

LOL.  When you say failed at the end, I'm guessing you got the same error that a lot of us unlocked users got which is an assertion failed on motorola.backup_bl_xxx() (I forget what the xxx is off the top of my head but it's earlier on in this thread).  If that's the case you're good to go.

Yup thats what I mean. All good now.

You can't reboot the system after flashing TWRP.  You simply have to unplug from usb, shut it off, and boot into recovery.

And yeah, that was driving me nuts too with the rebooting into stock recovery, figured it out after a minute, lol.

• SamuriHL likes this

#109 geekabilly

geekabilly

Razr Geezr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

You :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Done -- yer up, trik.

#110 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Done -- yer up, trik.

I've been on it since yesterday. Kinda boring stock :)

#111 geekabilly

geekabilly

Razr Geezr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I've been on it since yesterday. Kinda boring stock :)

True - but I live in a fringe area & seeing much stronger signals - will be flashing something else tomorrow

#112 hollovoid7

hollovoid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Its only been a day, but I drove around listening to music most of the day, and the phone didn't reboot once. I havent gone that long without a reboot since the phone had ICS. I could get maybe half hour of music play per reboot, but the phone would be pretty stable if I just did calling n texting. I think they may have actually fixed the reboots *fingers crossed*

#113 Tucknology

Tucknology

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm taking the plunge. I have stock system, rooted and unlocked. Protected root with Voodoo (but didn't temp unroot). Then took the OTA. 

I haven't had too many problems before the update. No reboots or crashes. Sometimes there were some glitches, but nothing systematically reproducible. I think I had a weaker cellular signal than I used to get with my Bionic, but that's hard to know. I'll report back on whether the update effects anything.

#114 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

got through the update OK after restoring stock recovery, but I did also need to follow hash's advice to: 

"You will want to restore the /system/etc/install-

.sh file prior to flashing because recoveries like TWRP rename it.  If you don't fix this you'll end up aborting after the system files patch with this in /cache/recovery/last_log:"

Now, have new baseband, version (9.18.79), and AP Fastboot date.

Problem is: i'm not able to flash TWRP -- getting this:

C:\android\recoveries>fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.6.0.0-recovery-vanquish.img
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
sending 'recovery' (7732 KB)...
OKAY [  0.600s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  3.242s]
finished. total time: 3.846s
C:\android\recoveries>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.008s
C:\android\recoveries>adb wait-for-device reboot recovery

I know hash mentioned something about "I normally only get that when I use the stock Google SDK fastboot."

Any idea how to get through it?  I can't edit the /system/etc/install-

.sh without root.

(WITH

ALREADY on your SD card) Once youre done doing your OTA update in moto recovery. Reboot your phone, bypass all the set-up junk. Just turn on USB Debugging in Developer Options. Then you can power your phone off. Then, power it up with the intent of going into your bootloader selection menu (Power, Vol -, Vol +). Then select AP Fastboot.

Then, with phone plugged into your computer and

, you enter the command in a CMD line:

Or WHATEVER your recovery is called. Easier thing to do is to type the "fastboot flash recovery " then DRAG the twrp image into the command window. Press enter. It will now flash TWRP (only temp though!)

Next, hold power to turn your phone off (or Power, Vol -) AS SOON AS THE SCREEN FLASHES, Press and Hold Power, Vol -, Vol +. (IF you miss it, and your phone boots you will need to repeat the previous steps, because TWRP or CWM will no be over-written again. If successful, you will be BACK at the Bootloader selection menu. This time, highlight Recovery, and get yourself loaded into TWRP.

In TWRP, select install and flash the SupserSu.zip that I told you to put on your card earlier. Then reboot your system. 

To make things easier for you,

to now ultimately REMOVE the files that keep erasing your recovery AND flash the recovery of your choosing finally. You will now be both rooted AND with your recovery installed. 

Good Luck, PM me for help!

• geekabilly likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#115 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Because they're trying to flash it with TWRP or CWM and not stock recovery...

No. I have been reading that many users have gotten some kind of failed message in stock recovery. Even you mentioned it earlier and thought it may have been connected to unlocked boot loader.

#116 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

No. I have been reading that many users have gotten some kind of failed message in stock recovery. Even you mentioned it earlier and thought it may have been connected to unlocked boot loader.

Except the error I got didn't affect the flashing of the update.

#117 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Except the error I got didn't affect the flashing of the update.

I know. I should have been more clear when I mentioned that in my first post. I have read a lot of users say they got that error but the update worked. But for some reason, I flashed the update and dud not get that error. I am curious why since I am unlocked too.

#118 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

I know. I should have been more clear when I mentioned that in my first post. I have read a lot of users say they got that error but the update worked. But for some reason, I flashed the update and dud not get that error. I am curious why since I am unlocked too.

That I can't tell you.  Are you on a dev phone or an unlocked retail phone?

#119 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

That I can't tell you. Are you on a dev phone or an unlocked retail phone?

Unlocked retail. I figured it is something we don't have an answer to yet but I was expecting to get the error and when I didn't I just wondered what was different. So I just posted my results for informational purposes.

#120 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Unlocked retail. I figured it is something we don't have an answer to yet but I was expecting to get the error and when I didn't I just wondered what was different. So I just posted my results for informational purposes.

All data points are definitely welcome.  I honestly have no idea what's different.  I'm also not too concerned.  I'm sure an FXZ will be released in the next week or two for it and at that point it should be academic to flash it for those that have had issues with the update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users