#761 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

well i dont understand bcause i have done it to the stock roms but the aokp dont have the same line to hack i guess i need to search for it in a different place...have u done it with this rom?

nah, i just use foxfi

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#762 pattersonx

pattersonx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

nah, i just use foxfi

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

it wont work for me o this rom either idk whats up with it. Oh well im on the jb bw aokp in slot 1

#763 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

BW FTW!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#764 foxracing3

foxracing3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

i clearly state in the OP you need to use Safestrap v2 for ICS. if you follow the directions from the OP and use the proper setup, there should be no reason everything wont be working correctly. :ph34r:

I know, likely a stupid question, but will Safestrap v3.05 work ok?

#765 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I know, likely a stupid question, but will Safestrap v3.05 work ok?

yes it should work with that recovery. just post back if it does/doesn't. thx.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2™

Posted Image

#766 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hey man blue tooth still not work?
Posted Image

#767 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hey man blue tooth still not work?

that's kernel related, so its safe to assume the same as listed in the OP :ph34r:

Posted Image

#768 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationElmhurst, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Id love to be able to root my phone but id hate to screw it up. I dont know if I downloaded everything I need to install Black Widow. I dont know where to get safe strap from, being that the link is broken. Would someone be able to help me step by step?

#769 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Id love to be able to root my phone but id hate to screw it up. I dont know if I downloaded everything I need to install Black Widow. I dont know where to get safe strap from, being that the link is broken. Would someone be able to help me step by step?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#770 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

hey! so rooting your phone won't mess it up, it only enables the ability to modify system files. aside from being rooted, all you need is to install safe strap recovery, and then enable safe system! once safe system has been enabled within safestrap recovery, you will wipe what is listed in the OP and then flash the ROM zip. keep in mind, these are my older builds... they still work great, but not the newest of my work. If you want JB based ROMs, feel free to check out my CNA ROM as IMO its the best of my builds available for JB. I also have my wwidow ICS ROM if you want/need everything working in a ICS based ROM. but as always, just read the OP, I take a lot of time in creating a good OP to keep $#!+ as easy as possible. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, myself our another member will be glad to assist you! :ph34r:

• jbartolovich likes this

Posted Image

#771 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

To add to andlaw's post.... In case you are unsure with rooting.... Matts utility offers the easiest and most reliable rooting process ;)

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#772 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

im not sure what all the abreviations mean =-\ .. where do i download safestrap? every place i seem to find is a broken link or unavailable. Also, the newest ROMs would be great, i just dont know where to download everything. Can someone inbox me the links to download with all of the utilites, ROMs and whatever else I may need to do this?

#773 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

im not sure what all the abreviations mean =-\ .. where do i download safestrap? every place i seem to find is a broken link or unavailable. Also, the newest ROMs would be great, i just dont know where to download everything. Can someone inbox me the links to download with all of the utilites, ROMs and whatever else I may need to do this?

Safestrap:

like i said, once you read that OP and manage to get the safestrap recovery installed, you will need to reboot into recovery, and then set up a ROM slot, after you setup a ROM slot, you will then need to wipe everything (as listed in the OP) ((( once you have activated that ROM slot and not still on the stock rom slot))), and then you can flash the ROM zip, but i can not stress enough the importance of reading the OP!!! everything you will need can be found in there, and safestrap thread will have enough information in there to help you get it running. also a great idea while messing with the phones is to have the utility made by mattlgroff on hand in case anything ever goes wrong, but with safestrap you really wont have to worry about a thing once its installed, which it can be found

Posted Image

#774 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Started using this ROM yesterday and ALL my apps have been working great so far....

Outside of my Radio problem and constantly losing 4G... but that is not ROM related... it even did it on my Droid 4, and now Razr no matter if I used stock ROM, or Modded ROMs.... Verizon has been LESS than helpful in this matter, and I live in a strong 4G area where other branded phones seem to work great and stay on 4g 95% of the time.

#775 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

that's kernel related, so its safe to assume the same as listed in the OP :ph34r:

My BT is working fine... have tested it with 2 different Plantronic's ear pieces, and my Pioneer AVID 940BT head unit in my car, and Pioneer 5200BT in my truck, all work 100% fine.

#776 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

well i dont understand bcause i have done it to the stock roms but the aokp dont have the same line to hack i guess i need to search for it in a different place...have u done it with this rom?

I am just using this app works great, Wifi Tether for Root Users, by Muller, Lemons, and Buxton

#777 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

what does OP stand for?

#778 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

what does OP stand for?

OP stands for "original post" or "original poster" :)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

jhf.png

#779 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Thanks! I have a few things downloaded.. I found Bootstrap, now I have to look at the orders to do everything in.

#780 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks! I have a few things downloaded.. I found Bootstrap, now I have to look at the orders to do everything in.

You will be better off with safestrap as opposed to bootstrap (most if not all of our ICS roms are not compatible with bootstrap) ..... as far as what order to do things in.... well that depends on where your phone is now.... and where you want it to be.... basically what you are trying to accomplish :)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

jhf.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.0.4, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak, custom rom, Black Widow ICS, 211-215 compatible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users