#781 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

stupid tapa talk not letting me follow my damn post, and never wants to post my $#!+, fix this damn stuff already, its happened to all of my ROM threads....... wonder why Admins/mods!

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#782 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks! I have a few things downloaded.. I found Bootstrap, now I have to look at the orders to do everything in.

I've already given you links to everything needed, and now your talking about bootstrap.... which isn't and hasn't been supported on our ROMs since ICS, so if you want help, take the advice that was given, and get safestrap 3.05 and enable a ROM slot to flash in. :ph34r:

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2™

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#783 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationElmhurst, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

I meant safestrap. IDK why I put bootstrap... must have Pirates of the Caribbean on the mind, good ol bootstrap bill. In response to johnthehillbilly, my phone is just a normal stock razr maxx. Nothing rooted, still tryin to learn my way around it before I go playing. Curious to see some of these new ROMs. Before I found this site I had only heard of Black Widow ROM.

#784 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

what does "Your phone will brick" mean? And I see that you want 80% battery life when flashing, are these flashes not possible when plugged into a computer or wall outlet?

#785 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I meant safestrap. ...Before I found this site I had only heard of Black Widow ROM.

:ph34r: BW FTW!!!!! !!

what does "Your phone will brick" mean? And I see that you want 80% battery life when flashing, are these flashes not possible when plugged into a computer or wall outlet?

We as developers create an OP to describe our ROMs/Themes, and with the information about what we are releasing. It usually has a set of installation instructions, maybe some screenshots, and always thanks and credits! If you find yourself looking at a thread, and its something your thinking you want to install on your device.. you have to ask yourself a few questions first! (1). Is this ROM/Theme for the same system version/ROM (2). am i using the correct recovery (which you dont really have to worry about anymore since all we use is Safestrap now days), and (3). Is your device charged (this helps if things were to go wrong, but with safestrap its pretty much Fail proof so you have nothing to worry about, but back in the old days when bootstrap was around and if you flashed a bad file.. and it wouldnt boot, and you couldnt get back in recovery... your device was as we call it., "bricked!" but like i just said, with safestrap you have nothing to worry about once the recovery has been enabled since it partitions off the sdcard into "ROM slots" so you can install multiple ROMs, with the ability to switch between different ROMs at the press of a button, and it takes about 2 seconds to switch..... which is EPIC!!! (thanks again Hashcode))

and to add into that, and to answer your question. If your phone is in the "bricked" state, your wall/usb charger will not charge your device if it is dies and has no system to boot into.... that is where TBH (team black hat) comes in, they make a usb adapter to plug your usb charging cord into, and then you plug their usb stick (a mod to charge your device) in. **so., Install Safestrap, select ROM slot-1, choose your partition size, and then after it sets up.. wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, wipe system, and then go back, and select Install, and then install whatever ROM your wanting to run.. and Gapps if they are required. cant stress enough, on how important it is to Read the OP when it comes to wanting to flash something.* :lol: :ph34r:
  • snives and TysonHere like this

Posted Image

#786 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

After flashing ROMs for so long, its easy to take for granted how intimidating it can be when you are trying to learn from the beginning. Thank you, and law, for taking the time to post such a friendly and helpful comment. Its posts like this that keep me coming back to this site, to this awesome community.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#787 gobblinfool

gobblinfool

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

thanks, the info is much appreciated. im just a little edgy when it comes to trying new things like this lol. I like to know ins and outs that way if I have to troubleshoot something I at least know where to start..

#788 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Nicely put. I still today am somewhat timid at doing certain things on my phone if I have not seen it or cant find a reference on Google. I started flashing ROMs only about 2 years ago when I first got into the Android OS with my Droid X. :) But as Law put it... using SafeStrap is pretty much foolproof.

After flashing ROMs for so long, its easy to take for granted how intimidating it can be when you are trying to learn from the beginning. Thank you, and law, for taking the time to post such a friendly and helpful comment. Its posts like this that keep me coming back to this site, to this awesome community.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#789 SincerelyTony

SincerelyTony

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

So I just recently flashed my RAZR to cricket, and I was really liking this ROM before the carrier swap. But what i am wondering is, will flashing this ROM, or any ROM, affect my carrier flash?
My flasher said that it should be safe as long as it doesn't put a new radio, and something about nv items.

#790 Wes53177

Wes53177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Google+:wes53177@gmail.com

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I think most roms have some radio tweaks???

#791 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

So I just recently flashed my RAZR to cricket, and I was really liking this ROM before the carrier swap. But what i am wondering is, will flashing this ROM, or any ROM, affect my carrier flash?
My flasher said that it should be safe as long as it doesn't put a new radio, and something about nv items.

when we use safe strap recovery, we have the stock ROM slot, and then other ROM slots you can flash custom ROMs in. with the stock ROM slot being unable to flash files in.. because it keeps the stock system in a safe zone, and then gives us the ability to partition out the sdcard, so what I'm trying to say is, we still use the stock ROMs kernel to power out custom ROMs... since the big red locked down our boot loaders. so technically, you should be fine since the stock system is never touched, all we are is using the kernel from that system since we cant use a custom kernel with our custom roms. (thanks Verizon!)

Posted Image

#792 SincerelyTony

SincerelyTony

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Exactly what i was thinking! My flasher said that even with locked bootloaders that it was still possible to change the radios. I then began to doubt what little knowledge i had about Android.. But thank you for your response andlaw, I had used google looking for help before asking for the longest time now. I'll be flashing your AOKP rom again soon! :D

#793 blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I flashed this rom this morning and all seemed to be going well, but when i received a call i could not answer. I got a message that said androidphone has stopped. Any suggestions?

#794 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I flashed this rom this morning and all seemed to be going well, but when i received a call i could not answer. I got a message that said androidphone has stopped. Any suggestions?

did you wipe what was listed in the OP? and did you avoid restoring app+data through TiBu? everything worked correctly last I knew (accept what's listed in the OP) :ph34r:

Posted Image

#795 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

just wanted to say Merry Xmas to all the BW followers~ Aloha! and Mele Kaleke Maka..

• jbartolovich likes this

Posted Image

#796 Daveronline

Daveronline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+:daveronline
  • LocationATTICA, ATTICA, ATTICA NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hello all I've been running this rom fora couple months now and I love it. Just recently when I go to use my phone it take a few second for anything to appear on the screen. Does anyone have any Ideas?

Also can someone point me to Matt's Utility 1.82 as I would like to get the updated version and can't seem to find the download.

Thankyou

#797 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hello all I've been running this rom fora couple months now and I love it. Just recently when I go to use my phone it take a few second for anything to appear on the screen. Does anyone have any Ideas?

Also can someone point me to Matt's Utility 1.82 as I would like to get the updated version and can't seem to find the download.

Thankyou

Here is the 1.82 utility for windoze

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[Windows]-For-Verizon-Droid-Razr-And-Droid-Razr-Maxx-Only .... towards the end of the thread is the most recent update (updated su binaries and superuser.apk) .....

With your ROM running slow .... try deleting old SMS and MMS ..... then try clearing browser history, cache, cookies, etc .... and boot into safe strap and wope cache and dalvik cache..... should help...

sent from my JB RAZR ... tapadriving

• Daveronline likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#798 Daveronline

Daveronline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+:daveronline
  • LocationATTICA, ATTICA, ATTICA NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks

#799 BDillaha12

BDillaha12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

any way to request a CNA version of this rom?

#800 patchac

patchac

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid rzr

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

This ROM was my favorite, then it started to force close everything so i just reflashed and it works like a charm again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.0.4, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak, custom rom, Black Widow ICS, 211-215 compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users