808 replies to this topic

#81 westnewton

westnewton

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm pretty sure going from gummy to .181, and then the ics leak did a few factory reset as well as doing it before enabling safe system.

Oh..... all of the data wipes and system formats should have been done after enabling safe system. I did that out of order.... still should have not have brought back all my settings from the previous version of safe strap though

?

#82 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure going from gummy to .181, and then the ics leak did a few factory reset as well as doing it before enabling safe system.

you didn't follow the directions very well then. your not supposed to wipe anything until After you enable safe system, Now you have no system to go back to after you disable safe system, you will need to fastboot.... :ph34r:

but until then, reboot back into recovery, wipe what i listed in OP, and then install the ROM.

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#83 westnewton

westnewton

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

you didn't follow the directions very well then. your not supposed to wipe anything until After you enable safe system, Now you have no system to go back to after you disable safe system, you will need to fastboot.... :ph34r:

but until then, reboot back into recovery, wipe what i listed in OP, and then install the ROM.

I'm going to leave it as is for a bit. I have the ics leak and BW ICS rom over it successfully. Until something stops working, I'm considering myself dumb-lucky :)

#84 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

CM9 and NO. I did switch around my homescreen and I noticed a Check mark instead of a battery!

Check mark means you are charged. Not sure why your phone acting up. Are you running a theme? I could put phone apk in drop box for you if you need it

vtc.png

#85 westnewton

westnewton

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

BTW.... thank you very much for your work and to your contributers!!

#86 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Check mark means you are charged. Not sure why your phone acting up. Are you running a theme? I could put phone apk in drop box for you if you need it

My phone hasn't been on the charger all day! No themes! Just gonna wipe, front to back and flash AOSP!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#87 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Negative! You will have boot loops for breakfast. gotta use the safestrap found in OP for now ;)

I flashed using ICS Bootstrap with no issues.
  • andlaw likes this

JXGM6Ej.png

#88 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

cool. still no reason for others to chance bricking and having to fastboot tho. You just happened to get lucky :D
  • lownslow200sx likes this

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#89 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Couple things I noticed is, some of the secondary menu's are black on black. The screen brightness seems to be very dark, even with settings set to auto. All in all, very nice ROM, snappy, Razr sharp like my MAXX!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#90 Spirotot

Spirotot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:Spirotot

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh, just out of curiousity how de-blurred is this? I use smart actions (which I think I can just dl from play store) and webtop fairly frequently. Is it possible to get webtop running on this (if it's been removed)? Thanks!

Wondering this, as well.

#91 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Wondering this, as well.

Smart Actions are Not compatible with the ROM. sorry. .. you can use juice defender to manage data on/off tho.

Posted Image

#92 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Aokp on the leak is sweet. Was on cm9 and this is way better. The keyboards secondary keys don't show up as they are black as mentioned earlier. But u can't beat the customization tho. Can't wait for u guys to perfect the minor kinks and 4g and this will be top dog for razr roms

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#93 con5tant

con5tant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

does Bluetooth not work? i can't seem to be able to enable it

also, is anyone else having glitchy issues when you scroll through stuff? the screen seems to stutter a bit

#94 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Smart Actions are Not compatible with the ROM. sorry. .. you can use juice defender to manage data on/off tho.

Meh...oh well. Only used it for a couple dock scenarios, think locale can handle that (bought it years ago). I'm guessing no webtop either? How long does is take to switch back and forth btwn safe and unsafe? Would it be feasible that whenever I want to use webtop I just switch over? Sorry, this will be my first run with SS, used bootstrap for everything prior.

I didn't have time to get everything installed last night, but threw everything on my SD so I can do it at work, but now I'm being paranoid I wound up with the .203 zip or something. Waiting until my gf wakes up and can look at the tabs I have open and see if I was on the right thread haha.

#95 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

I did the same thing knowing the risk just for the heck of it as I'm no fan of SafeStrap. All is well on my end also running BW using Bootstrap

#96 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Couple things I noticed is, some of the secondary menu's are black on black. The screen brightness seems to be very dark, even with settings set to auto. All in all, very nice ROM, snappy, Razr sharp like my MAXX!

screen darkness is a known issue. Dhacker has the same thing on his CM9 build and knows about it. Best bet is turn Auto brightness off and just set it to you liking. As a suggestion once you have it set it you want to dim it down just a tad bit when needed to a look in the Play store for Screen Filter. You can set the % of brightness you want it to for when you active the app when it is needed.

#97 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

I did the same thing knowing the risk just for the heck of it as I'm no fan of SafeStrap. All is well on my end also running BW using Bootstrap

And how did you go about doing it? I would like to try

vtc.png

#98 dirtmaster88

dirtmaster88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

Nearly everything on this ROM is sweet. However, after initially getting data (using the toggle) and moving into an area with little to no signal, I cannot regain (data turns grey) without rebooting. Is this a known issue? I tried both Black Widow CM9 and regular CM9 and run into the same issue. I have RSD'ed all the way back (both .744 and .173) and work my way back up (to .181 and then .79), but the problem still persists. I have wiped everything MULTIPLE times, so I don't think that's the issue. Once again, thanks!

I have the exact same issues as well. I've been trying to look for a solution but haven't been able to find one yet. I'm anxiously waiting for some input or comments on the issue!

#99 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

Meh...oh well. Only used it for a couple dock scenarios, think locale can handle that (bought it years ago). I'm guessing no webtop either? How long does is take to switch back and forth btwn safe and unsafe? Would it be feasible that whenever I want to use webtop I just switch over? Sorry, this will be my first run with SS, used bootstrap for everything prior.

I didn't have time to get everything installed last night, but threw everything on my SD so I can do it at work, but now I'm being paranoid I wound up with the .203 zip or something. Waiting until my gf wakes up and can look at the tabs I have open and see if I was on the right thread haha.

You have no worries really with ss. Takes about 3 to 5 to switch back and forth. There is no 203 zip that safe strap can boot to my knowledge and if there is just switch back to unsafe system. It is a dual boot so your stock sht never gets touched flash away just remember to wipe

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#100 skiwong20

skiwong20

Developer

• Developer
  • 172 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

nice job Andlaw. i like that you are keeping this going for all the droidrzr.com people. :)
Lets the sun and the moon collide! eclipserom.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.0.4, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak, custom rom, Black Widow ICS, 211-215 compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users