Photo

Soak OTA's 9.18.79/9.20.1 Directly Correlated to "MR2/MR4" or 9.16.6 - 9.16.9 [Discussion/Brain-Storming]

The Solution?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Pearlmikejam

Pearlmikejam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

I wouldn't say that I am surprised they knew I was Rooted. Take a look for yourself>

enter ##PROGRAM hit call>
at the Enter SPC password >
scroll down to 15 "Device Rooting" >Rooted
No surprise here

Surprised it doesn"t say "Unlocked"

So what do you think sends them this information? I went into the Privacy menus and changed the privacy profile to "None". Does that have anything to do with it?

Edit: If I use Matt's tool to flash back to stock, unrooted 4.1.2, will this flag be reset?  I plan to do it later this week, but am just curious what to expect.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

#122 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

I updated to the latest soak OTA update and navigation was removed. From what I see on the fast boot screen is that my device still has an unlocked boot loader. Also I still have root. All also believe that you can downgrade from it if you made a backup of your firmware with TWRP (what I don't know is if the back up stays on the device up removing and installing TWRP) I used OTA root keeper to keep root though it says that the update failed, the firmware shows that of the new OTA. Also I want navigation bsxk

#123 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Um, the OTA update had nothing to do with navigation.  That was the Maps 7.0.2 update that did that.

• neckchop likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#124 Pearlmikejam

Pearlmikejam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

So what do you think sends them this information? I went into the Privacy menus and changed the privacy profile to "None". Does that have anything to do with it?

Edit: If I use Matt's tool to flash back to stock, unrooted 4.1.2, will this flag be reset?  I plan to do it later this week, but am just curious what to expect.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I will answer my own question for anyone interested...

Using Matt's tool to flash back does not remove the Rooted flag, even if the phone is not rooted.  I did not root, just flashed back, and the program menu still says it is.

#125 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

That's expected.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users