Photo

Can't boot into recovery mode

Best Answer RikRong , 12 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

I finally got it! I did four times in a row and it finally booted into TWRP. Thank you for your help!

Nice!  Let us know how the ROM install works out, and welcome to the forum.  If you want, mark this "resolved."  Since you're the OP, I think you have the option to do it. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cinco312

cinco312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

I have my Fiance's XT907. I rooted and unlocked the bootloader with no problem but when I try to install a ROM or just even boot into recovery, I get the red triangle and android with his stomach open. I tried using ROM Toolbox, ROM Manager, Goo, and every time I try to flash TWRP in ROM Toolbox it gives me an illegal instruction error. I tried flashing it through fastboot and it flashed successfully, but still can't boot into recovery. The red triangle stays on the screen for maybe a minute, then the unlocked bootloader message appears and reboots normally. I don't get it. What do I need to do?

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Don't flash recovery through ROM Toolbox, it usually causes nothing but problems.  After you flash TWRP in fastboot, use the fastboot command to reboot into recovery.  After the first time you flash, it will send you to the triangle, hold vol- and tap vol+ to send you into the recovery menu.

• azsun81 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 cinco312

cinco312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

I reflashed it through fastboot. I don't see a boot into recovery command through fastboot, is "reboot-bootloader" the same thing? If so, I tried that and nothing. I got into the Android system recovery menu, not TWRP, when I try to flash a ROM it aborts the installation. I tried four different ROMS just in case it was a bad download, still a no go.

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

Are you sure that TWRP is successfully flashing?  After fastboot completes installation, type this:  fastboot boot your_recovery_image.img. ("your_recovery_image.img" will be replaced with the TWRP file name you used).  You need to boot into recovery immediately after flashing TWRP, so it can finish its install script.  Otherwise, the stock recovery will override TWRP.

• azsun81 likes this

#5 cinco312

cinco312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Posted Image

This is what I get trying the boot command.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#6 cinco312

cinco312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

I finally got it! I did four times in a row and it finally booted into TWRP. Thank you for your help!

• RikRong likes this

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:49 AM   Best Answer

Nice!  Let us know how the ROM install works out, and welcome to the forum.  If you want, mark this "resolved."  Since you're the OP, I think you have the option to do it. 

• neckchop likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users