MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

i never said i want flash video ads

some livestream have those so they could get money from their videos

just like when you watch videos from youtube, there is commercial before the video itself

the problem is the flash video ads loads but after that, the browser just freezes and it doesnt load the video

Flash is unsupported on Android 4+, so not sure if Moto is going to fix it... Do you use a browser or the native YT app?

BTW, took the plunge on 206, already f'd it up so now am going to do all this...I have to say 206 is better than .7x, so wtf...? :P
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#262 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

will the new cm9 work with this now?

I go with what TSON said and pass for now. One BIG thing I noticed was touchscreen sensitivity wasn't quite right. Sometimes I'd have to tap an icon or widget two or three times to get things to even launch.

#263 raclimja

raclimja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Flash is unsupported on Android 4+, so not sure if Moto is going to fix it... Do you use a browser or the native YT app?

BTW, took the plunge on 206, already f'd it up so now am going to do all this...I have to say 206 is better than .7x, so wtf...? :P

nah, i have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch with the ICS leak FE10 and flash player video on that phone works fine

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

also according to adobe, Flash player 11.1 supports Ice Cream sandwitch

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

i use the stock browser, Opera Mobile Browser, Dolphin Browser HD, Firefox Beta for trying to view the flash videos

and no, the videos that i watch are not available on Youtube

#264 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Unless I'm having some type of tower problem I'm now stuck with 1x Data, after setting CDMA (Auto Prl) with Phone Info...

#265 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

Miss one detail and it's automatically assumed that I didn't read anything. I in fact did take time reading, I just never came across that one little fact for whatever reason. I also hadn't started to flash at that point. I'm not new to flashing either, I flashed my droid 1 all the time. Doesn't make me an expert or developer, I'm just someone who reaps the benefits of the developers. I was just being overly cautious due to what had happened with the 84 update, that's all. Well that's my $0.02.

I got my answer, I flashed my phone and it works perfectly fine. Thanks to all who helped.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

#266 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Just to start, I have read all the posts and have done some pretty extensive searching on the internet to find someone that has the same problem as me, but to no avail.

I am trying to go from .84 to .206 and when I try and use Matt's utility 1.6, I get a lot more errors than I got when it originally saved me from soft brick. It then goes through the normal process after that (android dude looking like applying update). When it goes to boot, it just boots up in what seems to be a fresh install of .84. I have tried to reflash .84 in the stock recovery and it aborted. As it sits, the phone is functional on .84, but I am getting frustrated that I am not able to go to .206...just figure if stuck, I should try and be stuck on the newest leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also tried Matt's 1.51 with the .181 files and it didn't work either.

#267 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

It's probably because you didn't unzip the utility. You need the files folder as well as the executable.

#268 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

It's probably because you didn't unzip the utility. You need the files folder as well as the executable.

I unzipped everything. I have used this computer and this utility successfully before.

#269 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

not for nothing what is so much better with the .206 version compared to the .84 version? any difference. i mean i did a quick glance but i see nothing but complaints with loading on internet and other stuff.

#270 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

At first it was the desire to get to .206, but now it is the fact that I am stuck on .84. Even if .206 is not the official update (when it comes out), I am stuck on .84 and am not able to move up or down as it stands right now.

#271 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

Unless I'm having some type of tower problem I'm now stuck with 1x Data, after setting CDMA (Auto Prl) with Phone Info...

I had the same issue here in San Diego so i switched it to cdma only and it works fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#272 pmbarrontx

pmbarrontx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

I had the same issue here in San Diego so i switched it to cdma only and it works fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Try using the GSM/CDMA auto Prl setting. Im tried the CDMA only setting and only got 1x but the other setting has me on 3G just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#273 ralphie0108

ralphie0108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

I must be a lucky one? I have had no problems on .206 my 4G is actually stronger and more stable than it was on .84
  • robthefive0 likes this

#274 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

I was successful last night in going from .84 to .206. However, getting the update to install took multiple attempts including 2 Fastboots. The second time I had to reboot the phone 4 times to get the update to actually start.

#275 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

anyone notice anything different between the builds? like performance wise....screen response. any apps run better on this build than the .84 leak. it weird my girlfriend has the same phone but hers still has GB on it. and she gets full signal. but as soon as i went to the 84 leak i only get two bars right next to her. makes no sense.

#276 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

anyone notice anything different between the builds? like performance wise....screen response. any apps run better on this build than the .84 leak. it weird my girlfriend has the same phone but hers still has GB on it. and she gets full signal. but as soon as i went to the 84 leak i only get two bars right next to her. makes no sense.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones too. I successfully upgraded from 84 last night to 206 first time through (with root).

I've had no issues so far, here's what improved for me:

My Go Launcher definitely runs a LOT more smoother, no jumps or skips even with live wallpaper and semi-transparent app drawer;
No apparent problems with my 4g so far;
Temple Run is a lot smoother and doesn't appear to lag ever;
Bubbleshoot doesn't appear to randomly shut off my phone after playing for only 10-15 minutes;
All browsers (stock, Dolphin and Chrome) work without a hitch;
Battery life appears the same as before, but I couldn't really say for sure as I'm still on last night's charge and I have been more heavily using it for setting everything up, etc. But so far nothing major.
My phone seems to boot much faster than before (by like a minute or so).
Tethered with my tablet (the tether app seems run a bit quicker as well)
Edit: Doesn't lag whenever I bring it out of stand-by

I'm sure there's more but those are some major things I've seen. This is all so far since last night.

Edit: In regards to the signal, I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with the different radio band that comes with the leak. I'm sure it also depends on what area you're in too. I'm sure an expert will know better than I.

#277 busixb

busixb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

I was one of the idiots who didn't check battery life before the process and somehow couldn't charge my phone to program. Thanks to some people who have figures this out I was able to make on of the motorola programming cables with a soldering iron. In the end I was on. 206 at 330am. Almost did an insurance claim!

#278 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

I was one of the idiots who didn't check battery life before the process and somehow couldn't charge my phone to program. Thanks to some people who have figures this out I was able to make on of the motorola programming cables with a soldering iron. In the end I was on. 206 at 330am. Almost did an insurance claim!

I found out a way to charge without the factory cable a couple of days ago, while fooling around with my bricked RAZR MAXX. I know it's a little late for you now but, as a future reference. As long as your battery has enough charge to at least boot into boot mode, then all you would have to do to get it charging, is plug it to a wall outlet with the cable that came with your phone, then from the boot mode menu select SBF Flash. Your RAZR will then reboot and start the charging process. It worked for mine, and I also saw another users post saying he figured it out too, and it worked for him. If there's a will, there's a way! :-) It's nice to have the factory cable, just to have it but, a lot of people just can't afford to spend the cash nowadays. Especially with a cash strapped economy.
  • busixb likes this
Posted Image

#279 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

downloaded these on to my phone last night. at work now...going to try while im working today :)

#280 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Anyone tried to run DT's script on the .206 leak? Been thinking about it and I don't think it will break anything after looking at the scripting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users