• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#321 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

As it says in the OP, the fastboot to .181 will have errors, and it will fail! Guaranteed! Its after that point that you go back to fastboot mode and flash the new boot.img. Then there's a chance that once you load recovery (which WILL take a while, and you will probably get an Android with a spinny box and then when thats done, reboot yet again and once again choose recovery) that flashing the update will fail. Try what Matt says, about wiping data/cache and trying again. If it absolutely doesn't work at that point (which it shouldn't, except for user error) I would start over with another .181 fastboot attempt and go thru the steps again. Good luck, please read the OP, please read a lot of the other posts in this thread so that you have some idea of what works or doesn't and what errors/fails you should expect.

#322 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hey guys he has a gsm poland...used wrong stuff altogether he is in chat or was. I tryed to help but im limited to cdma knowledge. If you could help them i pointed them to gsm utility but he my need back link...
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#323 stiwrx

stiwrx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

follow it exactly it do work..and if you are the 1% this is the place to get assistance.... Batman! Lol

I guess i am that 1% lol i ran it 6 times.

#324 jtsativa420

jtsativa420

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

As it says in the OP, the fastboot to .181 will have errors, and it will fail! Guaranteed! Its after that point that you go back to fastboot mode and flash the new boot.img. Then there's a chance that once you load recovery (which WILL take a while, and you will probably get an Android with a spinny box and then when thats done, reboot yet again and once again choose recovery) that flashing the update will fail. Try what Matt says, about wiping data/cache and trying again. If it absolutely doesn't work at that point (which it shouldn't, except for user error) I would start over with another .181 fastboot attempt and go thru the steps again. Good luck, please read the OP, please read a lot of the other posts in this thread so that you have some idea of what works or doesn't and what errors/fails you should expect.

If you get that message, wipe data, do the update again. If THAT fails, reboot. wipe cache, then install it again. That worked for me.

I had the same problem and after many update attempts i then tired wiping as Matt suggested. I then started all over to again receive the same error message. The key for me was, instead off continuing to power off and try again, i reboot after the error message and let it attempt to. Like Tson said it wont but then when i attempted to reenter the moto recovery i noticed the android had changed from the razr to the galaxy and all went well and rather quickly from there. It looks like this but has a red triangle above it. If you aren't seeing this that is probably the issue.

Posted Image

#325 kerm660r

kerm660r

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

Thank you VERY much for the responses. I do in fact see the incapacitiated android with the red exlamation point above his body when I enter recovery. I will keep going through the cycle and keep my fingers crossed.

** Update: I have run through this cycle several more times. Still receiving the Status 7 error. I will go back and start from the beginning again.

#326 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

I hate that there are others that are having the same issues that I am having, but I am glad to see that I am not crazy. For a while, I thought it was only me getting the errors over and over again in recovery. I'm relatively certain that most people realize that the OP says we will get multiple errors, but what is occurring is not the same as when I originally soft bricked my phone. When that happened, I was just going to go back from the slightly buggy to GB and impatiently wait for the ICS update. As with everyone else that tried, I got stuck in a boot loop and it wasn't until Kboss figured out how to recover from soft brick that I was saved. Currently, when I flash with the utility, I don't go into a boot loop. It almost seems like I am not fully flashing the 181 files that originally gave a soft brick. If given the chance, the phone just reboots into .84 and sits there fat dumb and happy like I did nothing other than a factory restore. That's where my confusion is. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I wipe cache or factory reset in recovery when trying to flash 206. I continue to get the same status 7 with a cannot mount error. I've tried 1.51 utility, 1.51 with 181 files, 1.6, 1.6 with the downloaded 181 files (in case something was corrupt), downloaded 1.6 at least 3 times that I can think of and also a couple times with 1.51 and the 181 files. I have not it boot up, I have let it totally boot. If the best that someone can come up with is just keep trying, I will do that, but if there is anything that someone can think of other than what I have listed, I would be highly appreciative.

#327 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

And you are certain ur drivers are installed and the fast boot is really workn aside from the noted errors ct bin ect.?

#328 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

And you are certain ur drivers are installed and the fast boot is really workn aside from the noted errors ct bin ect.?

The drivers are working, but as for the fastboot, other than it going through the whole process noted on post #292 (pg 15), I'm not sure how I would know if it is working or not. Is that proof it is functioning properly?

#329 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

So after you fastboot 181 file you are going straight back closeing 1.51 and opening patch utility and then flashing 206 boot img right?

#330 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

So after you fastboot 181 file you are going straight back closeing 1.51 and opening patch utility and then flashing 206 boot img right?

ur not going to full boot phone just cycle back into ap

#331 smdinsf

smdinsf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Yeah I got unboot-able phone right now happened when I was flashing a Gummy nightly over the last nightly and man let me tell ya I've never wanted to hear that irritating Ni an Cat music so bad. So After 16 hours of trying a bunch of stuff that hasn't made it any better I thought I'd put it down let us both get charged before it gets broke.

Thank you Matt It's a great utility that you have assembled and I've been quite pleased with your advances to the changing landscape that is Android via Googarola and customer unfriendly Verizon. I should have known better especially after they screwed my DroidX with "update" that removed root and made it impossible to go backwards to regain it. Sounds like it's happening all over again with RAZR.....

So here's what mine does. I've used RSD with files that have worked. Option 1 in Matt's killer tool does same kind of thing but but my phone never boots up, doesn't even get to the animation. Just hangs there at the at the RED M for like 45 seconds and then the display just dims and looks off but it isn't It does power off by holding volume down with power button, Then does that same cycle again and again. I can get to the factory recovery but all I can really do there is reset user data and whipe the cache and unfortunately it's not responding to that...

Anyway tired and pissed that I might be in same situation as I had with DroidX (I should have gotten Nexus). Going to get some rest and let it charge maybe it will spontaneous self heal...

#332 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

/\ what base is gummy workn on this 206?

#333 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

That is one of the things that I have done (closing 1.51/1.6 immediately). I will try that again and see if it works. The problem comes when I go to flash in recovery the standing Andy goes into the update process and updates prior to going into recovery. Is that normal?

#334 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

That is one of the things that I have done (closing 1.51/1.6 immediately). I will try that again and see if it works. The problem comes when I go to flash in recovery the standing Andy goes into the update process and updates prior to going into recovery. Is that normal?

yes it just flashn what the utility gave it .while its running the yellow or blue line across under ur droid hit both volume keys.. know you see flash progress tx. When its done it will leave you in recovery and not reboot..let phone sit for min close one utility open patch utility. Now hit reboot one phone as it says rebooting and screen flashs have both v keys pressed and held till it boot back into ap menu chose ap fastboot and now flash 206 boot image from patch utility.

#335 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

im on 6.11.903 can i use the utility to go straight to 206 with root???
Thank goodness for Devs, cracks, and leaks.

#336 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

You can only get to .206 from .181.
Posted Image

#337 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

ok so should i root now before 181 or update to 181 let matt's utility do the rest??

#338 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

just wait and root with 1.6 final

#339 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

What is 6.11.903?

#340 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

What is 6.11.903?

i havent upgraded this razr since first release its still on 2.3.5 GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users