• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#281 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hardware issue? I use phone info app on stock based ROMs. U might give that a whirl.

In System Settings it says LTE/CDMA. However, when I on the stock factory side the 4G is more or less constant, but I don't have root which is odd because I had to of had it to use Safe Strap.

#282 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Has anyone heard of a way to root Jelly Bean through Windows without using a version of Ubuntu, or why my stock side would show as unrooted when the phone clearly is, considering I'm running this ROM? It's so weird that the stock side shows no root access, otherwise I'd be able to use the more consistent 4G signal it's giving me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#283 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'm pretty sure the Linux method is the only working method, but you can run it in a VM through windows, which is simple to set up. I know you said your only available internet sources are your bionic and droid x, and that your x isn't exactly reliable, but you literally only need the WiFi connection between your computer and your phone for a couple minutes. Just long enough to share the necessary files from your computer to your bionic then run the exploit. Everything else can be downloaded and set up in advance.

#284 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

Has anyone heard of a way to root Jelly Bean through Windows without using a version of Ubuntu, or why my stock side would show as unrooted when the phone clearly is, considering I'm running this ROM? It's so weird that the stock side shows no root access, otherwise I'd be able to use the more consistent 4G signal it's giving me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

There is a easy button to get that thing rerooted, and you get to do it on Windows.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

All you have to do is have both your PC and phone connected to the same router. I have to let people know that you don't have to have a internet connection to that router for this to work. The only thing required is being connected to the same home network to establish to link up. Works like a charm.

new_animated_sig.gif

#285 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

In System Settings it says LTE/CDMA. However, when I on the stock factory side the 4G is more or less constant, but I don't have root which is odd because I had to of had it to use Safe Strap.

If the root method you used initially used clockwork superuser when it updates it breaks root. I went through that after my FXZ a couple weeks ago. Re-root and disable auto update on superuser or replace it like I did with supersu while you have root.

Sent from my Bionic

• B.E.McAllister and jl90 like this

#286 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Update v1.7 is live!

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#287 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

Tried to flash with both 3.11 and 3.65 (can't find 3.60) and both failed... any thoughts?

I found 3.60 and am trying that...

failed on 3.60 too

On all three ss the flash fails almost immediately...  all tried on slot 1

#288 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

Tried to flash with both 3.11 and 3.65 (can't find 3.60) and both failed... any thoughts?

I found 3.60 and am trying that...

failed on 3.60 too

On all three ss the flash fails almost immediately... all tried on slot 1

hmmm...idk what you're doing but it flashed and runs just fine on my test device running SS 3.60

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#289 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

Maybe a corrupt download?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#290 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

OK...I just had a friend of mine flash it. Install SafeStrap 3.60 from my OP on my site. DELETE AND RECREATE your ROM slot. It will flash fine. AOSP is apparently leaving $#!+ behind that's messin up the slot

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#291 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

I think it was a corrupted file because I downloaded a new file and it worked fine... toggles look awesome thanks for the hard work

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#292 voxdei

voxdei

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Works with SS 3.73. If your on pageplus you will need to skip activation by hiting the corners and this rom will work perfectly assuming you got pageplus working on the stock already.

#293 ax562

ax562

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Webtop is broken  on this.  Flashed newest update FYI.  Error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.".  This ROM seemed liked it had great potential.  Looks like a theme error somewhere down the line since it's sytemui

#294 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Webtop is broken on this. Flashed newest update FYI. Error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.". This ROM seemed liked it had great potential. Looks like a theme error somewhere down the line since it's sytemui

install in fresh ROM slot

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users