Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#2 Ballbagus

Ballbagus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

ASUS = worst customer service and build quality ever xD i wouldnt touch that tablet with a 10 foot pole after my transformer fiascos. Only thing i can say is at least they are fast on firmware updates.

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

ASUS = worst customer service and build quality ever xD i wouldnt touch that tablet with a 10 foot pole after my transformer fiascos. Only thing i can say is at least they are fast on firmware updates.

Really? The Transformer Prime they messed up several things, but besides that they are generally accepted as one of the best hardware manufacturers. Their motherboards only have certain Gigabyte boards for competition, and there is nobody in comparable price range that can compare with them on computers. The original Transformer tablet was fantastic. All in all best bet is that they won't make those mistakes again.

#4 Ballbagus

Ballbagus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Not to mention, their customer service reps on the phone are rude, and unwilling to help in the first place. Which made sending in my tablet for the second time that much harder. After my first time sending it in for a power button issue, and receiving it back with the bezel dinged up, and scratches all over it, I wasn't impressed. I didn't take pictures beforehand, so I let the issue go, happy to have my tablet back and working. Now it's been sitting in the RMA center for a second time, with no updates for almost 3 business day weeks. I've been told that there isn't an issue, but after trouble-shooting it myself, and having the problem recur over and over again, I don't see how that could be the case, especially since it hasn't been an intermittent problem. My year warranty is up at the end of June, and no one seems to be able to tell me what will happen if I receive my tablet back, and the problem is still there, and my warranty has expired. That's frustrating to say the least.

If you google Asus rma problems, there are many people who are as dissatisfied as I am. I once was a staunch supporter, and have owned their motherboards from the amd 939 days, now I steer clear of their products, and will go out of my way to share my experiences, so others know what their getting into.

#5 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Not to mention, their customer service reps on the phone are rude, and unwilling to help in the first place. Which made sending in my tablet for the second time that much harder. After my first time sending it in for a power button issue, and receiving it back with the bezel dinged up, and scratches all over it, I wasn't impressed. I didn't take pictures beforehand, so I let the issue go, happy to have my tablet back and working. Now it's been sitting in the RMA center for a second time, with no updates for almost 3 business day weeks. I've been told that there isn't an issue, but after trouble-shooting it myself, and having the problem recur over and over again, I don't see how that could be the case, especially since it hasn't been an intermittent problem. My year warranty is up at the end of June, and no one seems to be able to tell me what will happen if I receive my tablet back, and the problem is still there, and my warranty has expired. That's frustrating to say the least.

If you google Asus rma problems, there are many people who are as dissatisfied as I am. I once was a staunch supporter, and have owned their motherboards from the and 939 days, now I steer clear of their products, and will go out of my way to share my experiences, so others know what their getting into.

Because of a tablet you stay away from a whole company? Sorry but it seems you are a bit over reacting. Things like this happen all the time in moto too. I have heard many people talk about how they encounter power button problems with the razr along with radio issues and even lcd issues who have had to send them in multiple times just to get the issue resolved. Have you looked at the razr with brightness all the way down? It looks greenish and will have blotches all over the place. Every company has issues, there is no need to get mad at them and refuse to use any of their products because of one faulty product.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#6 Ballbagus

Ballbagus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

After my own personal experience i did a lot of looking around, and there are a lot of dissatisfied customers, and not just tablets either. Motherboards and graphics card rma's have many similar experiences all over the web many of which are current issues. I understand manufacturing, and that there is a acceptable margin of error, and bad units do ship due to it. Its how the company handles themselves after the sale. Asus does not want to correct any errors in the product they ship, and on top of that handles the consumer who after the tablet and dock has shelled out a little bit of money on a toy. As a consumer u should expect the one year service after the sale to go smoothly, its every ones right as a consumer. So while the tablet served me fine most of its life, i have not intent on purchasing a product spending hundreds of dollars to be treated poorly over its defects. I just hope this may help someone think twice about their products.

As far as my razr i have noticed the lcd issues i tolorate them and i dont mind in the end its the product i purchased. But if a moto rma for a power button issue or if everytime i plugged the phone into the lapdock the phone would become unresponsive type issue i hope it would be resolved without issue.

/end rant.

#7 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

Gotta say I'm surprised at the Asus hatred. Everyone has their own personal experience I guess, but I love my Transformer Prime (with the keyboard dock) . Its much faster and has more functionality than the other tablets I've owned and, as someone mentioned previously, gets frequent firmware updates. I would definitely like to see Asus make the Nexus tablet products as opposed to Motorola or Samsung. But again, that's just me.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#8 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

People will beotch and complain about everything, no matter how great the software, hardware, and/or customer service is. That's the facts of life...

I have the prime and the build quality rivals the iPad. Software updates are quick and Asus provided a bootloader unlock solution which means they are listening to the customers.

#9 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

I've had nothing but great experieces with Asus customer service. Same with everyone I know who has an Asus product as well. And I kinda figured that they would be the ones to release the first JellyBean device.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#10 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

After my own personal experience i did a lot of looking around, and there are a lot of dissatisfied customers, and not just tablets either. Motherboards and graphics card rma's have many similar experiences all over the web many of which are current issues. I understand manufacturing, and that there is a acceptable margin of error, and bad units do ship due to it. Its how the company handles themselves after the sale. Asus does not want to correct any errors in the product they ship, and on top of that handles the consumer who after the tablet and dock has shelled out a little bit of money on a toy. As a consumer u should expect the one year service after the sale to go smoothly, its every ones right as a consumer. So while the tablet served me fine most of its life, i have not intent on purchasing a product spending hundreds of dollars to be treated poorly over its defects. I just hope this may help someone think twice about their products.

As far as my razr i have noticed the lcd issues i tolorate them and i dont mind in the end its the product i purchased. But if a moto rma for a power button issue or if everytime i plugged the phone into the lapdock the phone would become unresponsive type issue i hope it would be resolved without issue.

/end rant.

If, by "looking around" you meant "internet searches", then yes, I'm sure you found several dissatisfied customers. Fact is though, for every 1 dissatisfied customer, there are probably 100 who are perfectly happy with their purchase. Most people who are satisfied with their purchase do not take the time to go on the internet and praise it, but you can bet if there is a problem the whole web will hear about it.

#11 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

If, by "looking around" you meant "internet searches", then yes, I'm sure you found several dissatisfied customers. Fact is though, for every 1 dissatisfied customer, there are probably 100 who are perfectly happy with their purchase. Most people who are satisfied with their purchase do not take the time to go on the internet and praise it, but you can bet if there is a problem the whole web will hear about it.

+1

I agree 100% although I have not had a tablet before and am unable to relate to you guys :( lol

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#12 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

Glad its 7 inch. I have been looking to replace my og xoom, i got my mom an iconia, and i really like the smaller size better. But nithing out right now jumps at me. This may be it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Google hasn't even hinted on a date that they will release the source code for 4.1 as far as I know? But I don't know much :blink:

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#14 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Glad its 7 inch. I have been looking to replace my og xoom, i got my mom an iconia, and i really like the smaller size better. But nithing out right now jumps at me. This may be it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I like my 10"... but for the right price I'd be willing to play. I've used a few smaller tablets and its not bad so I think I could get use to it. As far as the Asus hardware goes.. my honest opinion is they're on top of they're game right now! I liked the build quality of the prime so much that when I went and bought a smaller laptop I went with the Asus Zenbook. It was honestly the only ultra book that didn't feel cheap to me. I'm sure it has to do with the full metal construction...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#15 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Google hasn't even hinted on a date that they will release the source code for 4.1 as far as I know? But I don't know much :blink:

"Google CEO Eric Schmidt

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

last December. If Google is to meet that six-month timeframe, Google likely will officially introduce its first Android tablet in June." - PCWorld
Now there's no way to know if this is the tablet that will come out in June, or even if it is, that it will ship to consumers with Jelly Bean. If we are looking at a Nexus tablet next month, I would think it is much more likely it would come with ICS and be upgraded to Jelly Bean later in the year when the rest of the Nexus devices start releasing. This is all just theories and guessing though.

#16 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Am I the only one that remembers P3Droid tweeting that he had 4.1 installed on his GNex awhile back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#17 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Am I the only one that remembers P3Droid tweeting that he had 4.1 installed on his GNex awhile back.

He tweeted that?

#18 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

+1

I agree 100% although I have not had a tablet before and am unable to relate to you guys lol

BIG TIME ex Asus fan here. I used to LOOOOVE their mobos and video cards but after the prime fiasco I lost a lot of respect for them. I have what could have been an amazing tablet with dock just sitting in my bedroom. Until nvidia and Asus learn how to write a kernel... the damn thing has sleep of death ALL the time. I have crap wifi. I have to use a stupid dongle for GPS (doesn't seem to work with any roms) I have terrible light bleed. Not to mention the flash memory is slow as molasses (hopefully software fix..) but it does have killer battery and a 1.8ghz quad core. /sigh the wasted potential. I had a buyer to buy it for what I paid and I could have returned the dock to amazon but it just didn't feel right...oh forgot to mention this is the prime I settled for, the first four were worse. Maybe I am just an idiot.
Sent from my CM9 206 MAXX!!

#19 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

BIG TIME ex Asus fan here. I used to LOOOOVE their mobos and video cards but after the prime fiasco I lost a lot of respect for them. I have what could have been an amazing tablet with dock just sitting in my bedroom. Until nvidia and Asus learn how to write a kernel... the damn thing has sleep of death ALL the time. I have crap wifi. I have to use a stupid dongle for GPS (doesn't seem to work with any roms) I have terrible light bleed. Not to mention the flash memory is slow as molasses (hopefully software fix..) but it does have killer battery and a 1.8ghz quad core. /sigh the wasted potential. I had a buyer to buy it for what I paid and I could have returned the dock to amazon but it just didn't feel right...oh forgot to mention this is the prime I settled for, the first four were worse. Maybe I am just an idiot.
Sent from my CM9 206 MAXX!!

You must have got a lemon [again]. I have no sleep of death, wifi is great anywhere on my property, GPS was fixed thru a software hack, and not sure what you mean by light bleed.

I did load aokp but still on the stock kernel.

#20 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yes, yes you are the only one.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users