Photo

Hello! Newb question about rooting..........

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thunder

thunder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

I've owned many droid phones thru the years, but never rooted one. I just got the Razr-m a few months ago. Loved it UNTIL the OTA update to 4.1.2, now i hate it.

I would like to go back to 4.1.1 (or whatever was previous ver), or an equivilant Rom.

Questions:

Is rooting the only option?

Are there just previous version stock Roms available for it?

Thanks,

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

If you are on 4.1.2, the previous version is the 4.1.1.  The update was minor, so I am wondering what you are having issues with?  If you are wanting to go back to ICS, I would suggest taking a look through the M section ROMs first to see if there is something that catches your eye.  The trick is, you have two flavors - Safestrap and those for unlocked bootloaders.   Any of the ones developed in the past 6 months are going to be for the unlocked bootloader as that made dev'ing much less complicated and more free.  In fact, if you haven't taken the most recent OTA ( 2 weeks ) , I would suggest rooting with Motochopper then unlocking your bootloader with Motopacolypse.  As for rolling back, it is not possible even with root and generally is not recommended anyway (that's why they block the ability) just for security reasons. 

• shane1 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 thunder

thunder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thanks. I did just do the latest ota update. Will moto chop still work? I lost the ability to group text and I use this all the time. I'm in a band and its the best option we have since I'm the only non iPhone. Also battery drain is worse now. I was hoping by rooting I could regain group texting. Plus blow away all the bloat ware. I know there are texting apps, but they suck as bad when group texting.

#4 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

there is a new root process in the works for those with locked bootloader

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#5 thunder

thunder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

Thanks, I'll wait till new root is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users