24 replies to this topic

#1 kellogg

kellogg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I had a Razr HD unlocked rooted... But was a hardware problem with phone reading sim card. So Verizon mailed me new phone. Got my MATT UTILTY ready to root reunlock etc... Open utility hooked up phone went got water came back and on my pc screen was the Verizon sight an it automatically started install for the new HD update... Droid man was on the phone and it was going... To my shock I was dumb founded it could start and install the update... Has there been a root method for the 9.20.1? BEWARE WHEN U CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO PC

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Let's get you in contact with SamuriHL.....

• kellogg likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well isn't that swell.  Please check my Emporium thread and try the process I have in there.  I need details.  If the downgrade script fails, I need the swdl.txt file from the RSD folder.  I will work with you to see if we can get this baby rooted.

• shane1 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#4 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

I had a Razr HD unlocked rooted... But was a hardware problem with phone reading sim card. So Verizon mailed me new phone. Got my MATT UTILTY ready to root reunlock etc... Open utility hooked up phone went got water came back and on my pc screen was the Verizon sight an it automatically started install for the new HD update... Droid man was on the phone and it was going... To my shock I was dumb founded it could start and install the update... Has there been a root method for the 9.20.1? BEWARE WHEN U CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO PC

. That's pretty much what happened to me. I thought it came preinstalled , but now I'm pretty sure how I received the update ...ugh.

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

. That's pretty much what happened to me. I thought it came preinstalled , but now I'm pretty sure how I received the update ...ugh.

Sam can use more than one tester.  Hit him up.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Sam can use more than one tester.  Hit him up.

He's already a tester.  He's just traveling at the moment.  :)

#7 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

He's already a tester. He's just traveling at the moment. :)

Sam I was viewing what you posted on phone it just showed me code. Do I copy and paste it? , it didn't download to phone when I clicked it , was it suppose to?

#8 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sam I was viewing what you posted on phone it just showed me code. Do I copy and paste it , it didn't download to phone when I clicked it , was it suppose to?

It needs to be downloaded as a file to your computer and replace the file in the MR2 directory of my util.  Then run option 2 again to downgrade to MR2.  If it fails I need to see the swdl.txt again.

#9 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

It needs to be downloaded as a file to your computer and replace the file in the MR2 directory of my util. Then run option 2 again to downgrade to MR2. If it fails I need to see the swdl.txt again.

OK I'll post it within the next hour .

#10 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

OK I'll post it within the next hour .

Perfect.  This may take a bit of work and is NOT guaranteed for success but we'll see what we can do.

#11 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Perfect. This may take a bit of work and is NOT guaranteed for success but we'll see what we can do.

. Yeah I understand that we might have to do it numerous times and results all might still be bad.

#12 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yup.  But it's at least worth going through the exercise cause the RAZR M people got it working.

#13 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yup. But it's at least worth going through the exercise cause the RAZR M people got it working.

. Yeah I'm not trading my maxx HD for a M so we will continue mission.

#14 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

They were able to flash the gp_main0 partition though so this could be a fool's errand trying to get it to work.  But we'll try.

#15 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Couldn't I theoretically do a data wipe and disconnect internet on PC so it can't update then run moto chop?

#16 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

The PC has nothing at all to do with the update.  Nothing to worry about.

#17 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

The PC has nothing at all to do with the update. Nothing to worry about.

Not what I mean, couldn't I do a clean recovery and it would revert back to before the update?

#18 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think you don't understand the concept of a "DATA" wipe.  Notice it's not a "SYSTEM" wipe.  All that'd do is delete your data partition.  People seem to have this misconception that a factory data reset somehow restores the phone to the exact same state as to when they bought it.  They'd be wrong.  It will not in any way shape or form touch the version of Android on the phone.  It won't even remove root.  It JUST wipes the data partition.  That's it.

• zombiekc likes this

#19 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think you don't understand the concept of a "DATA" wipe. Notice it's not a "SYSTEM" wipe. All that'd do is delete your data partition. People seem to have this misconception that a factory data reset somehow restores the phone to the exact same state as to when they bought it. They'd be wrong. It will not in any way shape or form touch the version of Android on the phone. It won't even remove root. It JUST wipes the data partition. That's it.

Thanks this helps.

#20 kellogg

kellogg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well isn't that swell.  Please check my Emporium thread and try the process I have in there.  I need details.  If the downgrade script fails, I need the swdl.txt file from the RSD folder.  I will work with you to see if we can get this baby rooted.

OK I'll check it this weekend moving process... Should of seen my face when my pc an moto went behind my back an said we'll fix u we'll install this update an not ask...lol :'(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users