Photo

Next Gen Motorola Devices-Opinions

Front Page Poll

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: Next-Gen Motorola Devices! (107 member(s) have cast votes)

Which, if any, of these Next-Gen Moto devices interest you? Multi Choice Allowed

1. Moto X (47 votes [31.97%])

Percentage of vote: 31.97%

2. Droid Ulta (14 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

3. Droid Mini (6 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

4. Droid Maxx (42 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. None, jumping ship to the competition (15 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

6. Voted None, keeping my current device (23 votes [15.65%])

Percentage of vote: 15.65%

If we knew these devices could be bootloader unlocked, how inclined are you to purchase your choice?

1. Very Much So (60 votes [56.07%])

Percentage of vote: 56.07%

2. Only On an Upgrade (14 votes [13.08%])

Percentage of vote: 13.08%

3. Eh, maybe (19 votes [17.76%])

Percentage of vote: 17.76%

4. Don't Care Either Way (8 votes [7.48%])

Percentage of vote: 7.48%

5. Voted Not interested in another Moto (Blasphemy!) (6 votes [5.61%])

Percentage of vote: 5.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

When its available in stores its supposed to be 4.3
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#82 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

I know the Moto X is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, I was told it was to be officially released today, Aug 29th. I'm curious to know for those interested in the Verizon version running 4.2, is there going to be a greater likely-hood that the device will be more easily Unlocked, than sitting around waiting for the 4.3 version which I would imagine is like trying to crack a Nakatomi Safe. I would certainly think 4.2 is much easier, I'm just curious to know of who from the Dev community would be most likely to pick up a Vzw Moto X, before 4.3?

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#83 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Note 2, Note 8.0, Nexus 7

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

I hate to be "That guy" but I have to say it. IMO the X will not do well development wise. Now FF 6 months and that will be a different story, well should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• KaChow likes this

#84 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Every x except Verizon and contract att will be unlocked . I think its got a sporting chance
  • KaChow likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#85 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Don't get me wrong there will be development for it . All I'm saying is the spotlight will shine with a better opportunity a few months from now ;)

#86 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I hate to be "That guy" but I have to say it. IMO the X will not do well development wise. Now FF 6 months and that will be a different story, well should be.

I completely agree. But of those 4 Devices the end of the Road Droid line and the X. The X, imo has the best chance of Development on Vzw just because of the multi-carrier availability. I keep thinking about this image in my head, everytime I think of the vzw Moto X. 

IMG_20120713_205222.jpg

Which this was the snapshot

, which the development eventually led to an Unlocked Bootloader, there was just some crazy development, talent, and interest that went into that device. 

• DirtyDroidX likes this

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#87 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

I completely agree. But of those 4 Devices the end of the Road Droid line and the X. The X, imo has the best chance of Development on Vzw just because of the multi-carrier availability. I keep thinking about this image in my head, everytime I think of the vzw Moto X.

Posted Image

Which this was the snapshot

, which the development eventually led to an Unlocked Bootloader, there was just some crazy development, talent, and interest that went into that device.

Yeah I follow Adam he got mad skills! I use his Casual a lot. As much as that would be a win for the dev community I think we have a better chance of seeing god for a cracked moto boot loader again.

See Samsung likes the dev community and makes it more obvious for bootloaders and rooting. At least it seems that way. Idk I thought about the X for a while and almost pulled the trigger but I will just hold off a while.

• KaChow likes this

#88 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yeah I follow Adam he got mad skills! I use his Casual a lot. As much as that would be a win for the dev community I think we have a better chance of seeing god for a cracked moto boot loader again.

See Samsung likes the dev community and makes it more obvious for bootloaders and rooting. At least it seems that way. Idk I thought about the X for a while and almost pulled the trigger but I will just hold off a while.

My new favorite line,  :D rotfflmao. 

The thing that I don't get is when is Motorola going to wake up, take a look at their competitors and start competing?? No one likes to come into second place, third, fourth, fifth, etc. Samsung knows how to deliver and they will do anything they can to sell a device. I was thinking about picking up a Moto X, but looking at 16GB storage device out of contract at $599, that's unreal. That phone is not worth half of that. 

• DirtyDroidX likes this

#89 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

My new favorite line, :D rotfflmao.

The thing that I don't get is when is Motorola going to wake up, take a look at their competitors and start competing?? No one likes to come into second place, third, fourth, fifth, etc. Samsung knows how to deliver and they will do anything they can to sell a device. I was thinking about picking up a Moto X, but looking at 16GB storage device out of contract at $599, that's unreal. That phone is not worth half of that.

Yep that's the straw that brakes this camels back, the $$$$$!

Now if they where smart , offer the X for 349 off contract. I bet you they would be flying off motomaker like hair on a biscuit.

• KaChow likes this

#90 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yep that's the straw that brakes this camels back, the $$$$$!

Now if they where smart , offer the X for 349 off contract. I bet you they would be flying off motomaker like hair on a biscuit.

$349 is much more like it and you're right with Moto-maker they would be flying off the line and Verizon would be rolling in dough. But, that would also burry the DROID line. I feel bad for those guys, 6 months from now they are STILL going to be waiting for Root.

#91 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

The thing is though that it actually costs a few bucks more to make the X than it does the s4. Saw an article on it the other day. It was around $225 in costs I think for both. Just saying the phone isn't as cheap to make as people think. That being said I don't know why they didn't go with the better chip for a few bucks more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

#92 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Lol I was just reading that article . Yeah a quad core is the standard now a days , the note 3 is rumored to be packing a octa-core CPU. Even if the "Cutting edge X8 hybrid chip" does the job well ;still should of opted for the 8960.

#93 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Lol I was just reading that article . Yeah a quad core is the standard now a days , the note 3 is rumored to be packing a octa-core CPU. Even if the "Cutting edge X8 hybrid chip" does the job well ;still should of opted for the 8960.

I'm on board with the Note 3, but I'm getting concerned with the price of it. I saw some Euro pricing off it that is ranging from the 32GB version for 699 Euros and the 64GB version for 749 Euros. It's like buying a new computer at those prices. Euro or Dollar, I can't imagine Samsung charging more than $699 and $749, as those prices are high enough as it is. While I think a top-end device with octa-core CPU and the 3GB of Ram as it's also been mentioned warrants a top dollar, but there are limits to what people will spend when it comes to buying a smartphone. Not to mention the SGS5 is rumored to appear year end 2013. Wonder what that SGS5 is going to look like... octa-core as well... 

#94 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'm on board with the Note 3, but I'm getting concerned with the price of it. I saw some Euro pricing off it that is ranging from the 32GB version for 699 Euros and the 64GB version for 749 Euros. It's like buying a new computer at those prices. Euro or Dollar, I can't imagine Samsung charging more than $699 and $749, as those prices are high enough as it is. While I think a top-end device with octa-core CPU and the 3GB of Ram as it's also been mentioned warrants a top dollar, but there are limits to what people will spend when it comes to buying a smartphone. Not to mention the SGS5 is rumored to appear year end 2013. Wonder what that SGS5 is going to look like... octa-core as well...

Absolutely! That is almost a full child support payment lol. I have a update so I will deff go subsidised on that.

#95 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Absolutely! That is almost a full child support payment lol. I have a update so I will deff go subsidised on that.

Ha! I finished paying off my child support arrearage this past June! :D Still don't have the money for the Note 3 at those prices... 

#96 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Man I got 10 more years left smh . The crazy thing is I have her Thursday afternoon through Sun afternoon. Got to love living in a common wealth!

You can always add a line and just swap the sim. Then pay the 9.99. Is it still that price to add a line on VZW ?

#97 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Commonwealth sure would have been nice, I was lucky to get 2 weeks a year. 

I'm one of those Verizon suckers that have a DS plan.  :rolleyes: I can't consider the 'Edge Plan" until I can breakdown the contract language, as I don't trust Verizon for anything to be simple. 

#98 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Commonwealth sure would have been nice, I was lucky to get 2 weeks a year.

I'm one of those Verizon suckers that have a DS plan. :rolleyes: I can't consider the 'Edge Plan" until I can breakdown the contract language, as I don't trust Verizon for anything to be simple.

Well the 10plus years I was with them I used every trick in the book, got upgrades early, retained my unlimited data etc. If you have any questions pm me or hit me up on hangouts , lol I'm not hard to find ;).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

• KaChow likes this

#99 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Well the 10plus years I was with them I used every trick in the book, got upgrades early, retained my unlimited data etc. If you have any questions pm me or hit me up on hangouts , lol I'm not hard to find ;).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks, I will. 

#100 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

This is interesting... Looks like Motorola released the

no Verizon or Sprint, yet = no surprises there.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Front Page Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users