Photo

Next Gen Motorola Devices-Opinions

Front Page Poll

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: Next-Gen Motorola Devices! (107 member(s) have cast votes)

Which, if any, of these Next-Gen Moto devices interest you? Multi Choice Allowed

1. Moto X (47 votes [31.97%])

Percentage of vote: 31.97%

2. Droid Ulta (14 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

3. Droid Mini (6 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

4. Droid Maxx (42 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. None, jumping ship to the competition (15 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

6. Voted None, keeping my current device (23 votes [15.65%])

Percentage of vote: 15.65%

If we knew these devices could be bootloader unlocked, how inclined are you to purchase your choice?

1. Very Much So (60 votes [56.07%])

Percentage of vote: 56.07%

2. Only On an Upgrade (14 votes [13.08%])

Percentage of vote: 13.08%

3. Eh, maybe (19 votes [17.76%])

Percentage of vote: 17.76%

4. Don't Care Either Way (8 votes [7.48%])

Percentage of vote: 7.48%

5. Voted Not interested in another Moto (Blasphemy!) (6 votes [5.61%])

Percentage of vote: 5.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed overall with the Note 3. 3GB of RAM is huge, the 2.3 ghz is great, 3200 mah battery also sounds great, too. I must have missed the talk about the expandable memory and removable battery, when I had to get away for a few moments, as I don't remember it being mentioned. The Galaxy Gear, it sounds interesting, I happen to really like my time piece and to me watches are jewelry, I tend to think men buy nice watches while women prefer necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. I can't say I am overly wowed by the Galaxy Gear and I highly doubt a 25+ battery is really worth 25 hours, which I imagine one would be lucky to make it through a single day without dying. Like the new S Pen, sure does beat those rumors that said that Samsung wouldn't make any changes to it. I bet that Verizon won't see the Note 3 until November.  

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#122 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Note 2, Note 8.0, Nexus 7

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed overall with the Note 3. 3GB of RAM is huge, the 2.3 ghz is great, 3200 mah battery also sounds great, too. I must have missed the talk about the expandable memory and removable battery, when I had to get away for a few moments, as I don't remember it being mentioned. The Galaxy Gear, it sounds interesting, I happen to really like my time piece and to me watches are jewelry, I tend to think men buy nice watches while women prefer necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. I can't say I am overly wowed by the Galaxy Gear and I highly doubt a 25+ battery is really worth 25 hours, which I imagine one would be lucky to make it through a single day without dying. Like the new S Pen, sure does beat those rumors that said that Samsung wouldn't make any changes to it. I bet that Verizon won't see the Note 3 until November.

They did not mention removable backs but it does, they have different color choices for interchangeable custom designs. Now the Gear is right up my alley ! I have been wearing a timepiece since I was 12 and never have went without one since. I have a nice collection of Invicta watches, and a few others as well, its always been a hobby for me.
I'm untreated to see the leather backing and the 4k video recording in action. Plus all the new spen features. The phone fits my lifestyle well and since I started using one I've become a fan :)

Lol yeah VZW will get it, its "when" , that's always the million dollar idea. The only thing that concerns me is the new lox security, they did not go to in depth into it but I hope it don't make it a dev nightmare. Even still if I had to run stock I would be pretty content.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

#123 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

They did not mention removable backs but it does, they have different color choices for interchangeable custom designs. Now the Gear is right up my alley ! I have been wearing a timepiece since I was 12 and never have went without one since. I have a nice collection of Invicta watches, and a few others as well, its always been a hobby for me.
I'm untreated to see the leather backing and the 4k video recording in action. Plus all the new spen features. The phone fits my lifestyle well and since I started using one I've become a fan :)

Lol yeah VZW will get it, its "when" , that's always the million dollar idea. The only thing that concerns me is the new lox security, they did not go to in depth into it but I hope it don't make it a dev nightmare. Even still if I had to run stock I would be pretty content.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I was really wondering about the removable battery, well considering the removable backs that were mentioned. I certainly do like the touch and feel of the back screen that is if it is more of less like that of a true Notebook which seems to be the dirrection that the Note 3 is heading. I think I must have read somewhere that the device will come with 32gb as the standard and upgradeable to 64 gb maximium with the external being 64gb max which that is a lot of freaking storage. I have a lowend PC, with 4 GB of RAM which of course I have upgraded the storage to 750gbs, but I am starting to see that this device can do much of a laptop, well assuming I can plug in a keyboard, which I am sure is possible, external storage can be swapped out here and there. So what is it that I am missing? I spend so much on WIndows garbage protection services, if I can swap out the memory and use this as a primary computer, then why not?!?

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#124 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I moved on to the LG G2, still on Verizon. Excellent phone!

• KaChow likes this

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#125 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

I moved on to the LG G2, still on Verizon. Excellent phone!

It is an excellent phone, I was almost going to get this phone. At $599 off contract it's the best high performance device presently available on Verizon right now. I need to have expandable removable storage, its a no go for me not to have it; at this point when so many devices have it to offer. The G2 is also impressive with the Multi-tasking capabilities as well, which is another positive step imo. But, the Note 3 is still getting my paycheck on October 10th so expect to see my Razr Maxx HD with all my toys and accessories in the Market after 10/10, as the only thing I'm not liking about the Note 3 that I'm surprised no one has pointed out yet, is the USB 3.0. 

#126 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

The Moto X is turning out to be the best phone I've ever used. I've used most of the "flagship" phones in the past year and the X is overall better than any. No lag at all, great battery life, good screen, and just comfortable.

• shane1 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Front Page Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users