#1 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma
  • Current Device(s):Razr converted into a Maxx

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

hey guys, so im considering upgrading to a razr hd. the only reason being that its a moto that can be unlocked now. the only problem here is that all the ones that are for sale on ebay or clist etc have accepted the new ota that fixes the kernel weakness that the unlocking exploit that dan created allows to unlock the bootloader. so i guess my question is if i buy one, is it possible to fastboot back to an earlier version of jellybean to be able to then root and unlock it to flash roms? or am i SOL at that point? thanks!

#2 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

Your sol.
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#3 jeremym

jeremym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Google+:linuxfan24@gmail.com
  • LocationDubuque, Iowa
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD MAXX Galaxy Nexus, Xoom LTE

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

hey guys, so im considering upgrading to a razr hd. the only reason being that its a moto that can be unlocked now. the only problem here is that all the ones that are for sale on ebay or clist etc have accepted the new ota that fixes the kernel weakness that the unlocking exploit that dan created allows to unlock the bootloader. so i guess my question is if i buy one, is it possible to fastboot back to an earlier version of jellybean to be able to then root and unlock it to flash roms? or am i SOL at that point? thanks!

I have one i will sell ya...if'en your willin to pay that is :p  How do you like that accent :)

#4 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

I just got home from Verizon, picked up an HD to replace a shattered phone for my wife. Got lucky, and it hasn't been updated yet. I'm about to unlock it before it's too late-and I'm thinking about giving her my RAZR M instead. Lol.

If you're still looking for an HD, check out what they have in stock. You may luck out. I used the device installment plan, and kept my unlimited data even!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Memnoch73 and shane1 like this

#5 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Whats the device installment plan?

#6 jeremym

jeremym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDubuque, Iowa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't like it as you are paying twice for the phone. But it's an option to pay over time instead of up front.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

#7 jeremym

jeremym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDubuque, Iowa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Paying twice is meaning the price included in the monthly rate for service has subsidy price built in and you are paying for the device in payments

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

#8 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yes, they don't discount your service, even without a subsidized phone. But its Verizon, so no shocker there. The device installment plan is basically an off contract sale-up front, you pay the sales tax, and the first monthly payment. The test if the device is paid in payments over the course of the year. There is a two dollar fee per month. I used it because I'm on a budget, I'm month to month on my line, and I wanted to keep my unlimited data. My wife was using a windows phone for a while. But shattered the screen. We decided it was a hood time for her to move back to android, and I managed to get one that I could still unlock the boot loader on. When I got to the store, I showed the sales clerk which software versions to look for, where it was on the label outside the box, and she dug threw the phones in the back for a few minutes until she found an HD on 9.16.6. She activated it at the store, and then I turned it off until I got home and then promptly rooted and unlocked the boot loader.

Wow. I guess I had a story to tell, didn't I? Haha

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#9 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Whats the device installment plan?