18 replies to this topic

#1 thejoshman

thejoshman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Im looking for some safestrap roms while we wait for a 9.18.79 bootloader unlock. Could anybody link me to some safestrap roms for the XT926?

#2 pyr00

pyr00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'm also interested. Did you find anything? I've been searching for awhile for what makes a ROM safestrap compatable. I can't find a clear answer but I think it just requires the same kernel as your original ROM.

I'm considering trying to get Verizon to replace it for some minor issues it's had, and hope I get a pre 9.18.79 flash. It sounds like the safestrap method doesn't perform quite as well as flashing through CWM, but again, I haven't found a post to explain why.

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Is there something wrong with our ROM section? You can find roms there for both SS and unlocked Bootloaders

#4 pyr00

pyr00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Well lots of the posts say specifically you must have an unlocked bootloader, so that's helpful. But the link below just lists zip files, no mention of SS or unlocked bootloaders.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Part of the problem is that I still don't know how to decipher which ROMs can be used with SS. Once I figure that out I'll be golden. I also haven't seen a heading like [Unlocked] or [SafeStrap] so i've just been going through each thread one by one searching for safestrap to see if it's supported.

I guess i'll just keep going through them all and assume I can only use the ones that specifically mention supporting SS.

• The Persuader and grnsl2 like this

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

I know that Aviator is for SS and its a good ROM, not sure on the others. Yes, we should probably make a list for SS and unlocked bootloaders.

But give Aviator a test flight :)

• neckchop likes this

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Another way to tell would be if the OP is dated prior to the Unlock exploit, then more than likely it is a SS based rom.

• neckchop and mva1985 like this

#7 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well lots of the posts say specifically you must have an unlocked bootloader, so that's helpful. But the link below just lists zip files, no mention of SS or unlocked bootloaders.

Part of the problem is that I still don't know how to decipher which ROMs can be used with SS. Once I figure that out I'll be golden. I also haven't seen a heading like [Unlocked] or [SafeStrap] so i've just been going through each thread one by one searching for safestrap to see if it's supported.

I guess i'll just keep going through them all and assume I can only use the ones that specifically mention supporting SS.

any rom that is stock based or 4.1.2 based will run in safestrap.
  • cmh714 likes this

#8 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

any rom that is stock based or 4.1.2 based will run in safestrap.

Does this mean also that any ROM not based at 4.1.2 will NOT work with SS? (Newer ROMs and the like)

#9 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

Does this mean also that any ROM not based at 4.1.2 will NOT work with SS? (Newer ROMs and the like)

Only because you cannot replace the kernel with a locked bootloader. Therefore, Safestrap allows the installation of ROMs (in a slot) but the ROM image still depends on the stock kernel. If the ROM was built off of a 4.2 or 4.3 kernel, it will not work because it would still need the 4.2 or 4.3 kernel, which is not available with a locked bootloader. Therefore, the ROM still runs off of the 4.1.2 kernel.

Now, if someone were to get kexec working on the Razr HD/MAXX HD phones (like they did with the OG razrs), then you could have safestrap boot up roms using any kernel.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view as to whether you have an unlocked boot loader or not), since the RAZR HD can have the boot loader unlocked (depending on the build version you have installed), developers have not worked on getting kexec working. Plus, it's a pretty involved process. It took a long time for the OG RAZR phones to get it from what I understand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• grnsl2 likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#10 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Im looking for some safestrap roms while we wait for a 9.18.79 bootloader unlock. Could anybody link me to some safestrap roms for the XT926?

This won't happen, unless Moto decides to allow it. After the exploit was patched to disallow unlocking of the boot loader, Dan stated he won't be working on another exploit.

One, it takes a LOT of time to find an exploit.

Two, there might not even BE an exploit left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#11 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

RageHD also has a safestrap compatible version. :D

#12 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I know that Aviator is for SS and its a good ROM, not sure on the others. Yes, we should probably make a list for SS and unlocked bootloaders.

But give Aviator a test flight :)

CMH...

He makes a Great Point...I've Posted this several times with No Response...which ROMs do work with the New Safestraps that are out...SS 3.11 picks up most of the ROMs...However the Newer Safestraps dont and doesnt disclose...

Not Complaining just a valid point of interest he Tabled...

• jl90 likes this

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#13 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

CMH...

He makes a Great Point...I've Posted this several times with No Response...which ROMs do work with the New Safestraps that are out...SS 3.11 picks up most of the ROMs...However the Newer Safestraps dont and doesnt disclose...

Not Complaining just a valid point of interest he Tabled...

This thread is about the RAZR HD. Lol! I'm pretty sure most of the ROMs are on this site do disclose if they are compatible with safestrap and which version. That said, a list might save time and effort. :)
  • The Persuader likes this

#14 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

This thread is about the RAZR HD. Lol! I'm pretty sure most of the ROMs are on this site do disclose if they are compatible with safestrap and which version. That said, a list might save time and effort. :)

Just think if your a Noob coming onto this Site or Any Site for that matter, Most would not know Which Safestrap Works with any ROMs for Version...I know some ROMs work well or Limited to SS 3.60...3.53 had problems...3.63 the same and it really doesnt matter which phone we have...

Razr Maxx, HD, Etc...They need better detail....Like you cant Flash a ROM if its NOT compatible to your Phone...Here this one All the time..."Black Screen"

• grnsl2 likes this

#15 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#16 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

As people find ss compatable ROMs we ask you post them so others know.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#17 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

As people find ss compatable ROMs we ask you post them so others know.

Dont remember seeing this post asking people to post Compatible ROMs for any Safestrap... :rolleyes:

B) Haven't seen to many Post disclosing what your mentioning...The ones I found..Blurry, Eclipse 5.1 and Eclipse 2.2 with SS 3.60...

CMH gave us Aviator...

Which ones do you have to offer my friend?

Maybe someone can Post this in the ROM Section CMH mentioned...All these ROMs work on Safestrap 3.60 ;) plus let us know what other New version of Safestrap works...

Love Bubba

#18 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Its been in the ROM section but people haven't posted recently so it got lost :(  Its now pinned. None of the staff on DR have a locked HD or m so we can't test what ROMs work and don't. So we can't just list that's why we ask for our great members to help us out.

• Memnoch73 and livinginkaos like this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#19 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Its been in the ROM section but people haven't posted recently so it got lost :(  Its now pinned. None of the staff on DR have a locked HD or m so we can't test what ROMs work and don't. So we can't just list that's why we ask for our great members to help us out.

Thanks for the Pinned ROM Section...Understood my Friend with member support...

Some of the Nice ROMs like FlyJelly, BW, to mention a few are still Safestrap driven with 3.11...Great ROMs for Noobs...but also the ones I mentioned as well as CMH...but maybe their "Once Bitten Twice Shy" to try...  :unsure:

Just putting it out there...

Awesome Forum...

Its been a little quite tho...Maybe that was my concern...People may have tried ROMs and Jammed their phone not knowing how to Escape and Survive back to an Active Phone....Bet yaa Matt Utilities has been their Bale Out Plan but a lot of work getting it back to where it was...

Chow

When I get my Unlocked Gem of a Phone I will help you with that...

• shane1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users