• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

Curious to see folks various experiences with mods available for our device.  I've seen a few come along (some are apps, others are scripts, etc.)

Below are some that I have come across:

• Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(available on XDA, installed via recovery): I have tried this, but not so sure that it has a lasting/overwhelming affect; but it does block ads

(also a free app on the market): I can confirm that this does work to help save battery life by hibernating running apps, but you'll lose notifications on those apps

(available on XDA): have not tried this yet

(also a free app on market): have not tried this yet

• Memnoch73, livinginkaos and Noigel like this

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

jco, nice list !  I would love to see this added to. It would be a good resource I think.  Great idea.

• jco23 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

Don't use any of those. Do use adfree that works very good but found I need to turn it off when on best buy site or can't get past the opening page. Not sure why there's no pop ups ads that I've noticed.

I have a widget for screen brightness and manually adjust it when needed. Usually on low and save a lot of power with it.

Have WiFi analyzer and turned off auto search for WiFi in phone options. Save a ton of power when in a bad area. Noticed the phone getting hot in my pocket sucking down power looking for wifi when I was at the vet one night.

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:04 AM

I've used XBreeder for almost 2 months.  It seems to help out with speed and smoothness, but it may only be placebo.  It does keep the entropy levels up, so it is doing what it's advertised to do, but entropy is still a highly debated topic on XDA.  However, the ad block is the best I've used and the DNS function does seem to help with connection speeds (also may be placebo).  I've run Supremacy on previous ROMs and seemed to help with battery life and SD card read speeds.  Also, there's a zipalign script that helps smoothness on de-odexed ROMs.  I tried to flash Fly-On and Direct Injection on stock CM10.1 and couldn't get the ROM to boot afterwards, so I don't know how well these work.

To add:

ROM Toolbox:  I like the minfree manager and the DNS changer.  I stopped using the DNS changer when I started using XBreeder, but prior to that, running a different DNS than Google seemed to help connection speeds.  ROM Toolbox also gives you the capability to easily tweak your build.prop and add start up scripts like zipalign.

• jco23 and jl90 like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#5 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

Don't use any of those. Do use adfree that works very good but found I need to turn it off when on best buy site or can't get past the opening page. Not sure why there's no pop ups ads that I've noticed.

I have a widget for screen brightness and manually adjust it when needed. Usually on low and save a lot of power with it.

Have WiFi analyzer and turned off auto search for WiFi in phone options. Save a ton of power when in a bad area. Noticed the phone getting hot in my pocket sucking down power looking for wifi when I was at the vet one night.

don't really believe in using those wifi tool apps - my lone tweak for that would be to edit the wifi supplement scan in the build.prop from 30 to 1800.  this has saved me a ton of battery life - as I leave my wifi, bluetooth, and mobile data on all the time (I spend most of my hours out of wifi range)

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#6 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

I am a big fan of greenify and rom toolbox. Cleanmaster is another good app in addition to being a task killer you can clean cache and junk files also browsing history call and text logs and move apps to internal storage from phone storage freeing up space.
  • jco23 likes this

#7 pbanj

pbanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

i tired crossbreeder and it seemed to make it lag and made it so  was prompted to login to use mobile data each time i came off wifi. when i uninstalled it the problems went away. im using the aokp rom on a gsm network, so that may be the issue.

#8 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, Nook HD+

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

I've used XBreeder for almost 2 months.  It seems to help out with speed and smoothness, but it may only be placebo.  It does keep the entropy levels up, so it is doing what it's advertised to do, but entropy is still a highly debated topic on XDA.  However, the ad block is the best I've used and the DNS function does seem to help with connection speeds (also may be placebo).  I've run Supremacy on previous ROMs and seemed to help with battery life and SD card read speeds.  Also, there's a zipalign script that helps smoothness on de-odexed ROMs.  I tried to flash Fly-On and Direct Injection on stock CM10.1 and couldn't get the ROM to boot afterwards, so I don't know how well these work.

To add:

ROM Toolbox:  I like the minfree manager and the DNS changer.  I stopped using the DNS changer when I started using XBreeder, but prior to that, running a different DNS than Google seemed to help connection speeds.  ROM Toolbox also gives you the capability to easily tweak your build.prop and add start up scripts like zipalign.

RikRong,

Do you use the stock settings for Minfree on RTPro, or have you found different settings?

Do you also tweak them on custom roms or just stock?

When I was on my other Android device, the devs usually suggested not adjusting minfree values, since they baked in what they thought was best for their roms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users