15 replies to this topic

#1 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi all, just wondering on the process for this before I get started.

So I'm going to be, well, all of the above, (eg. Rooting, unlocking BL, installing TWRS, and finally flashing

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or another ROM (any recommendations?)) on my brother's phone. I'd just like to get a little bit of advice first.

I am planning to use Mattlgroff's utility for the XT907, which will work for this, of course.

So, first things first;

• THE SYSTEM VERSION ON THE DEVICE IS 98.18.78, HOWEVER, FOR FlyingJelly IT IS LISTED AS 98.15.66.  Will this work?

• I recently rooted my RAZR (XT912, that is, but my brother does own the XT907), and I had to factory reset in order to get the exploit to work. (I used RAZR Blade for the XT912, of course).  Does anyone know if I have to factory reset with Hashcode's as well?
  • Next I will be unlocking the bootloader.  Anything I should be scared of here?  I of course couldn't do this with my XT912, so this is a bit new to me.  Is there anything at all that I have to do before I use the utility to unlock the BL?  Remember, I will [hopefully] have root before this.
  • Now I will be installing TWRP (also the one from the utility).  I did this [with SafeStrap] on my XT912 (which is based off of TWRP), but again, there's nothing I should look out for?
  • Alrighty, and lastly, I will be installing some ROM (please leave suggestions for STABLE ROMs, he won't like having to flash new versions or having problems with something) and then, if it is not included, Gapps.  I would imagine that this is very similar, if not identical to how it works with SafeStrap, as in, I create a ROM Slot, and then flash to that.  Correct?

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'll keep browsing the forum and Chat Room for some help, as I'd bet most of these are answered.

Thanks,
staMerrill

#2 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Oh, and I have a CyanogenMod ROM on my device, and I really like it.  He doesn't really care, as long as it is fully functional and stable.  Unfortunately, I haven't found any CMs for XT907s.  But are there any you can think of?

#3 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hey. If you check out some of the other threads you will find answers to your questions, but I will save you some time. Since your brothers xt907 has the newest update installed, the .78, that patched the bootloader unlock ability, and while he should still be able to root, I believe there is a method for .78 now, you will be able to unlock the bootloader, and therefore, much like your xt912, he will have to use safestrap for any flashing needs.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#4 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

You will *NOT be able to unlock the bootloader, unless another exploit is found. Not likely to happen. Motorola made a mistake once, they aren't likely to do it again.

#5 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

That is unless he owns a Developer Edition of the phone, which unless he paid over 400 dollars for the phone, I doubt he does.

#6 dvj215

dvj215

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

I read the thread. I have motorola droid razr m xt907, version 98.18.78.xt907.verizon.en.us. Anroid version 4.1.2. I tried with the method, connected usb cable, phone reboot then waiting for connection. But even after very long time say 15 min. nothing is happening. Can any one help me to solve the problem? Or can you guide if I am doing any mistakes?

#7 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I read the thread. I have motorola droid razr m xt907, version 98.18.78.xt907.verizon.en.us. Anroid version 4.1.2. I tried with the method, connected usb cable, phone reboot then waiting for connection. But even after very long time say 15 min. nothing is happening. Can any one help me to solve the problem? Or can you guide if I am doing any mistakes?

What method are you trying? If its rooting there's a thread covering that it might be in development not sure. If your trying to unlock the boot loader your Sol for the time being because you have the latest update. If you phone is stuck try to force power down holding vol +and- the press and hold power till it powers down and try to reboot.

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

That means it cannot see your phone. That's usually a USB debugging not checked, or driver issue

• neckchop likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 Haggubar

Haggubar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

so im thinking of rooting my razr m using motochopper 1.1 on the other thread, but im wondering if i should even bother doing that cuz its not like there is an exploit for an unlocked bootloader anymore which i would have used to put on custom roms. Can i still root and have a locked bootloader running a rom such as liquidsmooth 2.9 or the CM nightlies that are out? any advice would be appreciated

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

With a locked BL, you won't be able to flash any ROM, unless you use SafeStrap.  Even then, there haven't been any updates on the SS compatible ROMs.  However, it's still worth your while to root.  You'll be able to tweak the stock ROM, get rid of bloat, etc.

• Haggubar likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#11 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Also a good thing being rooted is apps such as GL to SD that move game files to your external SD card freeing up a ton of space. If your a gamer that alone is worth it not to forger the sixaxis app that needs root and allows you to use a ps3 remote when playing on your phone.
  • Haggubar likes this

#12 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

With a locked BL, you won't be able to flash any ROM, unless you use SafeStrap.  Even then, there haven't been any updates on the SS compatible ROMs.  However, it's still worth your while to root.  You'll be able to tweak the stock ROM, get rid of bloat, etc.

Hi. You know more than I about SS roms. Is my DD at xda SS-able? It is that russian tweaked deodexed ausi twrp (full) backup.

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hi. You know more than I about SS roms. Is my DD at xda SS-able? It is that russian tweaked deodexed ausi twrp (full) backup.

Honestly, I'm not sure.  If it wasn't specifically designed for SS, it probably won't work.  I'm not 100% sure how to make it compatible with SS, either.  I'm still in the process of learning all of the ins and outs of Android. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#14 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure.  If it wasn't specifically designed for SS, it probably won't work.  I'm not 100% sure how to make it compatible with SS, either.  I'm still in the process of learning all of the ins and outs of Android. 

Even though I am unlocked I can install  ss & test it right?

#15 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Even though I am unlocked I can install ss & test it right?

Yes

#16 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi all, just wondering on the process for this before I get started.

So I'm going to be, well, all of the above, (eg. Rooting, unlocking BL, installing TWRS, and finally flashing

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or another ROM (any recommendations?)) on my brother's phone. I'd just like to get a little bit of advice first.

I am planning to use Mattlgroff's utility for the XT907, which will work for this, of course.

So, first things first;

• THE SYSTEM VERSION ON THE DEVICE IS 98.18.78, HOWEVER, FOR FlyingJelly IT IS LISTED AS 98.15.66.  Will this work?

• I recently rooted my RAZR (XT912, that is, but my brother does own the XT907), and I had to factory reset in order to get the exploit to work. (I used RAZR Blade for the XT912, of course).  Does anyone know if I have to factory reset with Hashcode's as well?
  • Next I will be unlocking the bootloader.  Anything I should be scared of here?  I of course couldn't do this with my XT912, so this is a bit new to me.  Is there anything at all that I have to do before I use the utility to unlock the BL?  Remember, I will [hopefully] have root before this.
  • Now I will be installing TWRP (also the one from the utility).  I did this [with SafeStrap] on my XT912 (which is based off of TWRP), but again, there's nothing I should look out for?
  • Alrighty, and lastly, I will be installing some ROM (please leave suggestions for STABLE ROMs, he won't like having to flash new versions or having problems with something) and then, if it is not included, Gapps.  I would imagine that this is very similar, if not identical to how it works with SafeStrap, as in, I create a ROM Slot, and then flash to that.  Correct?

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'll keep browsing the forum and Chat Room for some help, as I'd bet most of these are answered.

Thanks,
staMerrill

im thinking i might be wrong.. but you are or the 98.18.78 which is i think the update which patched the unlocking exploit.. if thats the case... you out of luck and you got only the safestrap roms to work with... if not and you can unlock... than you shouldnt be afraid of anything except losing warranty. 

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ROM Flash, Bootloader, Root, RAZR M, FlyingJelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users